zombie killers from hornady?

nightwatchman

i ordered a box of the 500 count zombie killers from midway about 2 yrs ago and had intentions of trying them. i never got around to reloading any bc i had just reloaded a couple hundred rounds for a hunting trip. has anyone tried these bullets out on coyotes yet? any opinions on them before i start wasting powder reloading and working up a round?

Not any good so you should send them to me.Actualy,they work just as well as v-max for me,I don't hide hunt so damage is more is better.You have to be a better shot than me to tell the difference in accuracy so load them up and shoot.

I picked up a box 6 months ago to try them out. A 55gr Vmax with 25 to 26gr of Varget is a tack driver round in my R-15...Not so with the 55gr Zmax...just loaded up some more with TAC. Hope to check them out this weekend.

Last edited:
I can't tell any difference with accuracy or point of impact with my .223 or .223AI rifles as when using regular Vmax ammo. I have not tried them in my .220 Swift but see no reason that they should not work as well as the others do. In a few months the local ground squirrel population will once again be forcing me to use up quite a few of them I'm afraid.

The foxes around here can't tell the difference between the vmax and the zombie killers.
wink.gif

ok. only reason i bought them was midway had a box of 500 for 65$ so i grabbed some. I have no intentions of shooting zombies anytime soon lol. glad to know there the same though. Should b easy to work up a load for them. thanks

Just bought a box of 500 in 50 gr. as well. Have not worked a load up yet. Currently loading 50 gr Vmaxes in front of 36.5 gr of Varget in my 22-250 with decent results. From what I have read, Hornady has discontinued the Zombie Max. The fella I bought these from wanted 6 extra bucks for the box that goes with them. I declined.

Originally Posted By: nightwatchmanI have no intentions of shooting zombies anytime soon lol.

Well if the need ever arises you are well prepared my friend.
thumbup.gif

Call Hornady and they will tell you the Z-max's and V-max's are the same bullet in .223 cal. If anyone is getting different results out of the two I would bet their reloading is not consistant.

Back