Electronic Call Deer Hunting

killahog

I have been seeing Coyotes while Bowhunting in Ohio during archery only season.

Would it be unlawful to take my Foxpro along and try to call coyote while in the deer stand. The Caller has whitetail deer sounds loaded on it . Thank you

Ohio DNR Regs

Quote:page 11 and 12

Hunting Other Game During Deer Hunting Seasons

Deer Gun Season - During the seven-day deer gun season (Dec. 2, 2013 - Dec. 8, 2013) it is unlawful to hunt any wild animal except deer, coyote, feral swine (wild boar), or waterfowl statewide from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. Hunters (except waterfowl hunters) must possess a valid deer permit. Hunters may not possess rifle ammunition or shot shells (except waterfowl hunters), however, hunters using a muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger may possess ammunition for that rifle.

Furbearers, except coyote and feral swine (wild boar), can be hunted from 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise when the deer gun season is open. All persons (except waterfowl hunters) hunting during the deer gun season are required to wear hunter orange.

Page 40
Electronic callers may be used while hunting,except while hunting migratory game birds (waterfowl, rails, and shorebirds) and
wild turkeys. It is lawful to use electronic callers for crow hunting.

It shall be unlawful to use any device capable of transmitting or receiving a person’s voice to aid in the hunting or taking
of deer.

Not a warden, but just looked at the Ohio regs. Great resource.

Thank you for the information I am going to take that Foxpro with me the next time and try to get a yote within bow range.

Back