Good Hunting Vehicle

I've owned several of the older Jeep Cherokees. They've all had the 4 liter straight six engine. Not to big, not to small, decent on fuel, 4 wheel drive if and when needed. All of em have treated me well.

034_zps69454a39.jpg

971697_372464202880422_17145602_n.jpg

I love my Jeep, parts are cheap and abundant. I like the narrow wheel base. I used to drive a '91 Ford bronco but it was so wide I couldn't make it to a lot of the places I want to go. What ever vehicle you get you should honestly think about putting some lockers in it. They are a life saver. There are times that I wish I had a truck bed though.

Seriously my favorite hunting rig was my 'first car 85 Subaru Loyale 4x4. I took that car all over [beeep] and back. It was a wagon. I put the seats down and camped in that car. The only way to get stuck was by being high centered. I loved that car so much I have owned 3 of them, now I just popped on a new Subaru Crosstrek

When I was looking for a hunting vehicle, I only looked at Toyota's. They are known for their reliability and offroad capability. I know several people who have 250,000+ miles on their vehicle with only routine maintenance needed. Any Toyota with a 22r or 3.4L will last a long time. Many Toyota enthusiests will agree that these are two of the best motors ever put in a vehicle. I couldn't be happier with my 4runner.

Back