2ND TRY

catwhacker

I don't know why I think I need to put knives together but I have.
This is my 2nd one and can take a hit. Tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Jim

Originally Posted By: RePeteI'd say ya done pretty dang good,,, that's what I think.

Heck yeah. You done good Jim.........

Is that a Two Fingers blank? Whatever it is, you did a fine job IMHO. This is the exact stuff I love to see here in "our little knives forum".......

Thanks guys!!! No Ken it's not a Two Fingers blank but I will look them up now. I have picked up some blanks in the past few weeks and this one is by far the best of the bunch. Didn't take long to figure ont to stay away from pakistan or India blanks. I through them both in the scrap pile without ever doing a thing to them. Live and learn!!

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunPakistani is the WORST stuff there is..........

Dang! You told me that a couple weeks late.
cry.gif
But I only got 1 and that's ENOUGH for life.

That's a fine looking knife Jim. I have been playing around with making a few over the summer. They're fun and something different to mess around with. My first one was a disaster, but I think they've gotten better now. Still a long ways to go though!!!

I like it.the blade has a great shape and the handle just looks like it would feel great in your hand.if that's only your second try , I look forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future.Make a blade like that and throw some musk ox horn for the handle then pm me you will have a buyer

Originally Posted By: coloradocatMake a blade like that and throw some musk ox horn for the handle then pm me you will have a buyer

Just looked up Musk Ox handles
scared.gif
ohmy.gif
I'm not brave enough to start drilling into that at this point in time. WOW thats a little pricey!!!!

Fantastic looking knife!

Forgive my ignorance, but I'd love to learn how to make a few knives:

How do you mount the steel guard on a knife like this?

Back