My hunt with Pope Brothers Guide Service

sigpros

Here is an account on my hunt with PBGSO.

A little back info first. I was looking for a place to hunt maybe do a hog hunt and look for some exotics to maybe take my son after in the next couple years. Another member on here stated he had a good trip with these guys on another thread so I looked them up. Nice rates seemed like a nice place they had exotics on the ranch. So I did my google foo and never found a bad review everything was pretty positive and everyone seemed happy so I booked the hunt for 4 guys.

One of the guys has a boy who is in real bad shape and he had to back out do to the fact that his boy was back in the hospital, the other guy was riding down with him because of work schedule he couldn't ride with us because we were leaving a day earlier and staying an extra day on the hunt. Called and talked to Holly and she was great about the whole deal and worked with us great on all that. The hunt I booked was for 3 guys 2 nights hunting, we added the guy with the sick kid after the initial booking, the hunt was all inclusive meals and drinks provided, animal care, etc. We were told it was a combo hunt stand and safari style (which my friend Brian really wanted to do).

Thursday we arrived at the ranch a little after noon and was greeted at the gate by Tim one of the guides. He showed us to our rooms and had us sign a waiver and wanted to know if we needed to sight in rifles. We said know they should be good, he went on to tell us about a nice boar hog they had been getting on camera around the 200lb mark. Shortly after Jordan showed up another guide who would end up being our guide. He was a nice guy all greasy and dirty not real professional looking. He didn't know if he was going to be our guide or not either. He went on to tell us they had all been gone for 2 weeks looking at bear dogs and hunting bears in New Mexico and going to Vegas. Next josh showed up and he seemed like he knew what was going on but didn't know who our guide was either. So we get settled and the lodge was nice and clean. Supper showed up and the food was great and plentiful. We loaded up and went to sit feeders. Got on stand a little after 430 and sat until midnight nothing. Also the feeders we sat on still had corn under them from prior feedings. They loaded us up and we got into the bed on the truck to sit on a plastic box for our "safari" style hunt. They informed us the high rack truck was broke down. so we made a loop and didn't see anything went to another stand about 3am and sat until 830 am seen a couple deer. get back to the lodge and had a great breakfast and went to bed. The next day we were asked if we were up to hunting behind dogs because they had a guy who lost some dogs to a hog out there who wanted redemption. We said heck ya we are down for anything. So they keep talking about this all afternoon, then about 4 they take us out to sit blinds in the tops of the hills we sat from 5pm to 530am and I seen 5 javelina. The guide kept telling us he had a spot loaded with hogs but we couldn't go sit there because they had a big aoudad coming in and didn't want to scare it of because there was a big money client coming in Tuesday to hunt it.

get back to the lodge no breakfast, take a shower and turn in. Get up at noon and ready to go. We ask about spot and stalk hunting etc and were told no sitting blinds is the best way but tonight your going to a new ranch things will be different. About 4 we load up and they drop Brian in the stand I sat the second half the first night and me in the one he sat the night before. No new ranch. We were told it was because the manager hadn't filled the feeders in awhile. Then 10 minutes latter the guide says wish we could of went to that ranch its a big exotic and whitetail ranch that feeds protein feed all year long and the hogs are really fat and good to eat. Huh? you just said they weren't filling the feeders. So we get dropped off and our guide goes to watch another stand for the aoudad. I had a nice aoudad come in and that's all I seen. About midnight we get picked up and do a loop in the bottoms. Run across a boar crossing the road and I dropped him. Brian got tossed to the floor bed of the truck when the guide slammed on the breaks causing the box were sitting on to flip forward. We gut the hog and hang it up and go back out. At this time we are told if we see an axis doe to shoot it because we hadn't been on any hogs. We never seen an axis the whole trip.

Jordan tells us to be up at 1030 am so we can get pics and he will quarter my hog and we can get going. T noon I finally get him out of bed so we can do that. I never seen Clay Pope his brother Marcus stopped in and said just deer huh? The second day but didn't introduce his self. We had a total of 3 suppers and 1 breakfast on our 3 day hunt. We did have soda and bottled water until it ran out and little bags of chips.

So needless to say I would never go back. We seen 3 bucks about 12 does and aoudad 5 javelina a coon and a skunk in over 33 hours of sitting on stands. I felt like we were a bother too them the whole time there and they were just killing time waiting for us to leave. I do feel even the guide thought we were getting hosed. He did try to make something happen the last day, but it was too late by then. We never got a good buy, thanks, sorry about your luck or anything from the owners before we left.

If this helps one person when researching this outfit that will make me feel a little better

Thanks for reading

sorry to hear this, I took a job at a large 16,000 acer low fence outfit near junction that back up to the YO. I lasted 2 weeks after a whole list of things like getting moved to the shack in the lower 80 Acers with no AC and having to share water with the cows, one night a young guide the owner said was a wildlife biologist really only had a associate in wildlife management (if that), pulled up at the shack one night with clients on a $300 a night varmint hunt shooting coons off the feeder in the front yard and the game rack had a cooler full of beer? I guess they drove around all night drinking and shooting up the place, I watched him cape a Aoudad out and he left meat all over the hide hanging in a cooler for 3-4 days the taxidermist I use to work for would have kick my rear if I had sent him anything like that!

have to watch the internet referrals many are planted by the outfit themselves, I want to talk to a repeat client someone with a history who will give me the good and the bad

again sorry they wasted your time and money

Man, that sucks. Thanks for posting. Was looking at a turkey hunt for 5 guys with them. They're on my [beeep] list now.

A lot of small ranches and private guys advertise on Craigs List. Just type in "hog hunt" or "Pig Hunt". Some good, some not so good.

I wouldn't Kizmo. I did hear some turkeys but never seen any. It was a real piss poor deal for sure. I'm just hope this review keeps anyone else from getting hosed out of their time or money

thats weird I know my dad and a cuople other guys went there back in 09? and had a heck of time all shot great hogs and a grandpa took a nice ram. sorry to hear you had such a bad trip. things much have went down hill. if i remeber right they were looking at selling the place. I cant remeber if that was pope brothers or or the other ranch they went too. its call like two feathers or something like that.

Really sorry to hear that your trip turned out so badly. I have hunted pigs with the Pope Bros. three times so far and my experience has been just the opposite.

I killed four pigs on the first two trips and nothing on the third trip. I would have had a bunch of meat that trip too had I taken a big sow and the 7-8 piglets that were trailing behind her, but I decided to let them go for another day.

They have treated me well. Everything was ready when we got there and they had spots with pigs all checked out in advance.

I sure hope this was a one time event as I sure plan on going back. I would like to hear what others have to say about their recent experiences.

Well everything I could find was favorable on them too. I'm just saying how OUR hunt went. I can deal with not seeing game if the guide was putting an effort in, but there wasn't any effort. It was like we were an incovience even being there. And I have talked to 3 guys from Texas who Pm'd me and I called who asked if I was hunting with Clay Pope after reading my other thread. Also most guys that had a good trip seem to have went about 3 years ago. I also don't like being told something and it not happening like the dogs,safari style hunting, and changing to a new ranch. I hope who ever goes there has a great trip but I wouldn't go back if they let me hunt for free and paid my gas. And they new the hogs weren't there because they kept trying to get us to hunt other animals. Hard to spend more money when I hadn't seen what I had already paid for. Maybe it was a fluke? But I still feel screwed on the deal.

hate that for you, I too have been on less than favorable hunts and it gets you in many ways. You have the lost time, money and the disappointment for not only you but also your friends that went with you.

We had a similar experience on a turkey trip to Ky/Tenn a couple of seasons ago. 5 of us, and not many birds at each guy's spot. They told us they would move us to new spots. They did. They just shuffled us around and put different hunters on the same spots. I was the only one to get any birds. As we were leaving, the next group of hunters were coming in. They were regulars and the guides were saving all the fresh spots for them.

Live and learn.

About 17 years ago, my son and I went on a trip to Texas for bobcat and coyote. We both were experienced hunters, but not for predators, and not for night hunting, but we wanted to experience it and learn. Boy, did I make a mistake in choosing a guide. Much of the time the guide acted as if we were an inconvenience to him. We stayed at his place, but were pretty much on our own during the day and rarely saw him until late evening. Many times he would leave the house and we wouldn't see him all day. Breakfast consisted of mainly cereal that we did for ourselves. No lunch was provided though we had access to his refrigerator. We had to fend for ourselves, even though his advertisement said meals included. But he did whip up a good supper for us, however.

We mainly hunted nights, but did some day-time calling too. The guide did call some animals, but due to lack of visibility in the high grass, mesquite etc, our position being wrong when manning the gun, ie facing a different way, and a variety of other reasons, we didn't connect on any. He got upset if we didn't shoot, but, you can't shoot what you can't see. I had to remind him of that. He could see fine from his angle, standing above us with the light up high over us, but at our ground level we saw no eyes, nothing. I had to try to calm him and tell him it's just hunting, to not get worked up over it.

Another time during the day, he placed my son facing one way and me the other. A bobcat approached 90 degrees from our positions. The guide was standing, my son and I were sitting. The guide told my son to shoot. There was no way to shoot even after my son spun around the 90 degrees toward the direction of the cat. He simply couldn't see it, but the guide kept saying shoot, shoot. Well, my son didn't shoot because he saw nothing to squeeze the trigger on. The guide got mad and I finally had to defend my son.

One time he called up a raccoon that he said was a bobcat. He told me to shoot and I did. I went out to collect it and it was still alive. He remained back at the calling setup, yelling at me to shoot it again and I did. When I got back to where he was and told him, he then fussed that I shot a raccoon with an expensive shotgun shell (I was using his shotgun and loads). Another time essentially the same thing repeated itself, only this time it was a rabbit. I couldn't see well enough to tell the target was a raccoon or a rabbit, though I could see eyes. With his insistence, I shot thinking he knew what he was doing and seeing. Needless to say I learned a lot on that trip, and the all too familiar thought of "if you can't identify your target, don't shoot." That was common sense to me, something I knew since boyhood, but hey, when you have a guy who is supposed to be an experienced guide, standing there repeatedly telling you it's a bobcat, shoot, well..........

I feel that my son and I both could have brought home bobcats if the guide had been more relaxed, patient and a better teacher, not to mention better at his job. My son and I both were and are good shots, so putting something on the ground when we shoot generally isn't a problem. He put pressure on us to the point that the hunting quickly turned from enjoyment to an uneasy atmosphere.

That was the worst hunting trip I have ever been on, and to think that I paid a rather good sum of money for it too.

Sometimes it's a hit or a miss when it comes to getting a decent guide. I tried to do some research before booking with him, but even then it's not always easy to determine a good guide from a bad one. References can sometimes be misleading. No doubt the best way to find a reputable guide is through people you know well who wouldn't steer you wrong. It can be a learning experience for sure.

WOW!!! I am so sorry and actually really pissed. It sucks to know that you had such a crappy experience after I talked about how great my hunt was with the group. I would be pissed. Have you contacted the owners at all?

It sounds like you got screwed. Lack of animals is one thing but being told one thing then doing something else, etc. Is unacceptable. I will contact them and see what I find out.

I am so sorry things went so poorly. My dad and I hunted with Clay himself and his wife was making the food. We had a great time seen lots of game and were eluded by pigs until the last 2 nights. Not sure what to say, other than I am really sorry.

I know it is not my fault, but if you put your son in for a cow tag here in Colorado this next fall I will put you guys up with food lodging and personal guiding at no charge. I am not an outfitter, but would love to see your son get an elk. YOu could go for a bull but a later season cow tag is much easier to fill and there are a lot less hunters.

Sent you a PM.
lol.gif

I just noticed this post and I take my reputation very seriously. I have been guiding hunts in Texas for almost 20 years and in this time I am sure I have had guys go home upset etc… Anyone who has guided thousands of hunters can attest (your not going to please everyone even if thats your goal). That has always been my goal I am just an honest hard working guy who started an outfitting business around 20 years old almost 39 now. My parents didn't have a big ranch nor an outfitting business they just turned over. I pretty much came from nothing. I have worked very hard spent a lot of time away from my wife and kids to take people hunting and make a career out of something I love and I hate to see posts like this.
lets get a little background on pig hunting.
Pigs are very smart animals this isn't a pen where you go shoot fish in a barrel this is a real deal hunt for a fairly wary animal that is extremely smart. It is said pigs have the intelligence of a dog. This particular ranch they hunted was 2400 acres with 25+ blinds and feeders going year round. The price of corn everyone knows has been super high (keep 25 feeders going year round its expensive). 10-15 trail cameras (not cheap) out to see what these pigs and other animals are doing and you have to have someone check the cameras/feeders once a week minimum. Most of the stands on this ranch the pigs hit at some point each day/night I have it on camera. The exact time I sure wish I could make them eat at a certain time because it would make my life a whole lot easier.
$250.00 per day to hunt with a lodge to stay in meals drinks and a guide to take you around the ranch in my vehicles, and the guides skin and quarter your animals with a walk in cooler that stays running year round (not cheap). Lets put this in perspective Most of my other hunts (big game) I charge $200.00 per day as a daily guide fee with meals and lodging same thing no pigs. So if anyone out there thinks I am a scum bag or getting rich off of this hunt I hate to say that I am not it helps pay the corn bill. You can look at my website and look at the pictures of pig hunts I think you can see we slay some pigs. We have done a ton of pig hunting and we have some really good pictures to prove that.
Now can I guarantee that your going to kill a pig? No but we do everything in our power to get our guys pigs or some kind of meat to take home, we have good ranches and good guides who work their buts off staying out all times of night/day.
Right before this hunt yes the truck that we normally pig hunt out of spun a bearing back in the mountains and did about $1500.00 worth of damage to the front end hub etc driving it out. Which is all part of it just another expense going to check the cameras. I have had a ton of guys ride around on that black box and never complained one bit.
I have out tons of cameras as I stated before why is it when you haven't hunted the ranch in 3+ weeks (it had been over a month since we had hunted pigs most of these ranches are hunting them every weekend) we had all been gone for antelope season in the panhandle then we went and picked up dogs in California and bear hunted in New Mexico. So all the cameras are loaded with pigs at almost every feeder and you take guys out and you sit them in stands with pigs coming in and tell them don't shine lights don't get out of your blinds etc… and they don't see pigs? Why is that because I would love to know.

"Got on stand a little after 430 and sat until midnight nothing. Also the feeders we sat on still had corn under them from prior feedings."

This tells me one thing that these particular hunters probably broke the golden rule. Do not get out of your blinds and don't walk down to your feeder. Pigs generally like to stage their way into a location and a lot of times they are only 40-50 yards off in the brush waiting for those feeders to go off or the right time for them to come in. So if your shining a light at your feeder every 10 minutes your probably not going to see a pig pigs don't like lights. If you walk down and check your feeder or go down to look for tracks or smoke a sig or get out and piss or take a crap your probably not going to see pigs thats a fact.

I'll give you an example we had a hunt a few weeks back and it was 4 hunters first night 3out of the 4 hunters saw pigs and connected on pigs. Second night same 3 out of the 4 seen pigs and 2 of them got pigs 3rd guy never got a good shot. Well come to find out the 4th hunter who did not see any pigs the first 2 nights told another guy in the group he had gotten out of his stand both nights. Well we put him in a blind that he couldn't climb in and out of for his third night and he shot 2 pigs the other 3 1 guy didn't see any pigs one guy killed a pig and another guy missed a pig.

Back to my question I have been hunting pigs and guiding pig hunters for almost 20 years in Texas how is it that you can have pigs coming to a feeder every night and I mean every night and not just 1 pig I am talking pigs and you sit someone in a stand to hunt them and they don't see anything? You invest all this time and effort into trying to help someone hunt and they see nothing.

I want guys to come kill pigs and be happy and go home with meat and tell their friends and believe me we have a ton of repeat guys pig hunting. A lot of times if we can't kill pigs I will let guys shoot an axis doe for no extra charge $350.00 trophy fee normally (thats normally $150.00 per day for meals and lodging and $350.00 for an axis doe (meat hunt special) which is awesome meat probably some of the best around). Then if someone has a super slow pig hunt you know what I do I normally let them come back and try again for no extra charge. One thing about me is I try to be as fair as possible all the time. I always try to do the right thing always even if it means I loose money.

I own these businesses PBGSO, A2Z taxidermy, and Circle C charters now so no I am not always at the ranch to visit with every group of hunters but I am in contact with every one of my guides every day several times per day asking what is going on etc… I truly care about my hunters and my business. I have seen a lot of guys come and go in this business in the last 20 years. Marcus my brother is not an owner in this business I am the sole owner he manages the taxidermy shop and guides and books hunts.

"then about 4 they take us out to sit blinds in the tops of the hills we sat from 5pm to 530am and I seen 5 javelina."

I din't have 5 javelina coming into that stand before or after that so I don't know if they were pigs or javelina and that is why we put your friend there. If your going to sit all night its kind of a waste to leave at 530 coming into prime morning hunting? Why they got out at 530 I don't know?

The feeder with the aoudad at is within 500 yards of 2 other feeders that we were hunting that had the same pigs hitting them and the reason that feeder was there was for the aoudad and yes aoudad cost more money. I didn't see why we needed to hunt that feeder with a guy paying $3000.00 to shoot an aoudad we had been scouting for a month with over 20 other feeders on the ranch.

On our pig hunts because we hunt such odd hours I like to have a late brunch around 10 am then I like to have an early supper around 4 pm (this time of year) and sandwich fixings in the refrigerator. So we normally do as I stated and have sandwich fixings and snacks available and if they run out they get replenished very shortly after. Drinks are the same way my wife goes up every day and checks the situation and the next time she returns she replenishes everything. Now if you come in at 530 and are hungry and don't want to go straight to bed then all you have to do is tell your guide and they can call my wife and she can fix breakfast then or you can run in with the guys to the cafe but if you tell your guide you want to go to bed or come back and go straight to bed then he assumes you are tired and not hungry. All the while there are sandwich fixings in the refrigerator and drinks of all kinds. Then the hunters do not wake up until noon and so what do you do in this situation? Its just an awkward hunt at awkward hours all you have to do is say whats for lunch when you wake up. The guides are thinking well Holly is making supper at 4. If anyone thinks I am trying to screw them out of a meal which this person implies that is not the case at all.

" About 4 we load up and they drop Brian in the stand I sat the second half the first night and me in the one he sat the night before. No new ranch. We were told it was because the manager hadn't filled the feeders in awhile. Then 10 minutes latter the guide says wish we could of went to that ranch its a big exotic and whitetail ranch that feeds protein feed all year long and the hogs are really fat and good to eat. Huh? you just said they weren't filling the feeders. So we get dropped off and our guide goes to watch another stand for the aoudad. I had a nice aoudad come in and that's all I seen. About midnight we get picked up and do a loop in the bottoms. Run across a boar crossing the road and I dropped him. Brian got tossed to the floor bed of the truck when the guide slammed on the breaks causing the box were sitting on to flip forward. We gut the hog and hang it up and go back out. At this time we are told if we see an axis doe to shoot it because we hadn't been on any hogs. We never seen an axis the whole trip. "

This other ranch they do a feed route in one pasture every day with a tailgate feeder and have blinds and feeders in another pasture (6000 acres). Now originally this was supposed to be 4 hunters coming that dropped down to 2 so traveling over 1 hour one way to another ranch for 2 hunters is a little tougher and I was completely dumfounded as to how we had all these pigs coming in on camera and why did we need to go to another ranch? I told my guys to stay there and hunt. They shot a pig out of the truck and we had been seeing axis does so I told the guys if they saw any axis let the guys shoot an axis doe. How many ranches do you know would do something like this? I don't know too many. As far as riding safari style I would be ready at all times because you are hunting from a moving vehicle. What happens when you see an animal to shoot? the brakes usually go on. a lot of guys stand up against the cab the entire time.

The reason I am upset is that you take guys hunting and it is hunting not killing. But there is a big but there if hunters do not kill and believe me I understand you are paying for a hunt. I have hunted all over the world and I have had good and bad hunts but one thing I have never done is jump on a forum like this and run someone down like this over a $750.00 hunt. It almost makes me want to quit hunting pigs. The cheapest hunt I offer that I actually make the least amount from I get the most grief
and it isn't like I am out there misrepresenting this hunt.

I tell guys this isn't TV this isn't millions of pigs running and all you have to do is go out in the back yard like the TV portrays. I tell guys pigs are fairly nocturnal they do not sweat so they do not like to be out moving in the middle of the day thats a fact. Will they? can they? yes they are a wild animal but 80% or more of the pigs we shoot come into feeders right before dark or after dark and maybe first thing in the morning. So with this said you want to concentrate all of your effort and resources to hunting them at optimal times. I consider pigs smart and I hate spot and stalk hunting and I will tell you why. What is the biggest no no when hunting a whitetail buck? I think its going into his bedding area. Well if you want to spot and stalk pigs what are you doing? you are going into their bedding area in the daytime. What happens if you do this to a big whitetail buck? He leaves the area sometimes he doesn't come back for days sometimes he may never come back. Well pigs are smart and if you go into their bedding area 9 times out of 10 all you do is spook them and they leave the entire area for a while. I am hunting in the hill country if I was hunting down around the coast or up in north Texas I would do a little more spot and stalk hunting. look at the Hill Country big cedar thickets and rocks you know how hard it is to stalk up on pigs like this? almost impossible.

Any time you want to come back and pig hunt at no charge the offer stands. I just for the life of me do not understand why people get on forums like this and run someone down like this. You saw the guy that was looking at a turkey hunt thinks I am the scum of the earth now and didn't book a turkey hunt.
We have ran over 100% success this year for turkey had guys shoot several extra birds.

We'll first things first. People write negative reviews when they have a negative time. Pretty simple. And this site is a public forum anyone can see. I didn't hide my review and you didn't need security clearance to see it. If you google pope brothers guide service it's the fourth thing that pops up. Yes this was a hunt set up for 4 guys. The guy we set the hunt up for had a very handicapped son. Who happened to be in and out of the hospital at the time so he couldn't go. The other guy was riding with him and just couldn't swing a flight down. Now brian and I were upset that those guys backed out too, that's why we told you we would stay another day(3 instead of 2) Brian and myself left earlier to just do some sight seeing like the Texas ranger museum on the way down. We work Friday,Saturday,Sunday,and Monday so it was our weekend and we headed out.

Now I will admit I am new to pig hunting and thought I had done my homework on a guide service. Even talked to a guy on here who has hunted with Clay and had good luck. But I can tell you we weren't getting out of blinds or shinning lights at the feeders. I was told not to worry you would hear the pigs waaay before you seen them. Now having raised hogs this made perfect since to me because I know how they are around the feed trough. And I was using your Flir most of the time to check out the feeders. And as far as getting out of the blind at 5:30 what do you do when the the truck pulls up and your guy says "let's go"?

This was "just" a pig hunt as you put it. But it was also a chance for me to check out your place. I was looking for a place to take my kids and wife for some exotics and a place to make a yearly or every other year trip too. The only exotic I ever saw was the Aoudad. And I must say that was the highlight of my trip. Probably the only time I will ever put the crosshairs on one of those glorious animals. That thing just looked liked it belonged in that country. Really an awesome sight to see. The guide did say we could shoot an axis doe the last day if we saw one. We never saw an axis at all. And I did say if the pigs aren't going to come in sit me where I can see some new to me animals. As far as the Aoudad goes I totally understand you as a business man not wanting to spook off the trophy animal over a couple guys hog hunting,but I wouldn't have been saying man we got these 2 feeders the pigs are hammering but we can't go hunt them because the big Aoudad is using them and we don't want to spook him.

As far as the javelina goes I know what one looks like I shot one in Texas 2 years ago. The guide also told me a story of a guy who sat that same blind and shot 5 of them out of it thinking they were hogs. Said when he went to pick him up he had them all stacked up on top of each other. Said he had seen some crazy stuff guiding but that was a new one for him.

Your comments in your post echo the way we felt the whole time there. That we were "just on a $750 hog hunt" and weren't worth your time and effort. I am sorry the other guys bailed out,but there wasn't anything I could do to help it. To YOU it was only $750 to me it was $750,my one trip a year I take out of state, my only week of vacation, gas,a motel, and over 35 hours of driving. Did we want to shoot some pigs? Heck ya. Did we want to see pigs? Yes again did we want to have a good time? Absolutely. I haven't hunted all over the world sir but I have hunted a few different states both guided and unguided and I have come home empty handed way more than I punched a tag. But I had fun. Sorry to say I didn't have any fun at your ranch. I gave an honest and fair review of OUR trip to your ranch. You really think I left Missouri thinking man I hope I have a crappy time so I can write about it on the internet. Heck no! I wanted to have blast see some new animals and maybe shoot some pigs. I do find it funny that you can say how I hunt when you have never met me or talked to me on the phone.

There was NEVER an offer made to us to come back and hunt again. I never got the opportunity to talk or even meet you before, during or after the hunt so how could you have even made that offer.

And as you like to say let me give you an example, I went on a coyote hunt and the coyotes just weren't working. You being a big predator hunter know that sometimes they just don't want to work. The guy busted his butt the whole time we were there trying to make something happen. We did get on 2 coyotes and we took them both. On the afternoon of the last day he was getting frustrated and we said hey it just isn't going to happen man. No need to keep burning fuel and time lets just call it. He said if we would come back and give him another chance to show us what he could do he would put coyotes in front of us. We'll we went back and paid to hunt with him again and had a blast.

I can deal with not harvesting an animal and I can deal with not seeing game. I can't deal with being told that we were going to hunt with dogs or try a different stand and then we just got put in the same stands over and over. And I hate feeling like I was a bother being there because I was just on a $750 pig hunt. I hope anyone who hunts with you has a great time. I really do. And I hope that guy got that record Aoudad.

To a lot of people $750 is a lot of money. I don't understand what you meant by bringing it up and it would only be brought to my attention once before an opinion would be solidly formed.

Chupa

Back