Ruger M77 .243 Heavy Barrel

Furfrenzy

I have a guy that wants to trade to me a Ruger M77 heavy barreled .243. All my bolt rifles are Remington 700 with the exception of one Browning. Are these good guns for target and varmint hunting? I have never owned one. Any feedback would be nice.

I have a mk II heavy barrel .204 shoots as well as my cooper and has a better trigger ,had a 17 hmr that would put 10 inside a dime @ 75 yards should have kept that one . and I have a 17 hornet shoots less than an inch
Not too impressed with that one but I think it will come around with reloads
I wouldn't hesitate to get another ruger

Originally Posted By: terraceI have a mk II heavy barrel .204 shoots as well as my cooper and has a better trigger ,had a 17 hmr that would put 10 inside a dime @ 75 yards should have kept that one . and I have a 17 hornet shoots less than an inch
Not too impressed with that one but I think it will come around with reloads
I wouldn't hesitate to get another ruger

My MK II is a 220 swift and sub MOA.

I knew a guy who had one of the old walnut stocked ones in 308 and it shot great, also seen a 25-06 do pretty good at the range, never have heard anybody complain about the varmints.

Have you tried a copper cleanse? Maybe it just a copper mine and needs to be cleaned up. I know the triggers suck on the tang safety too, could that be part of it?

I have numerous ruger 77v tangs, the only issue I have with them is as stated about the trigger sucks, I have a couple with s.s canjars and timneys, both of which was expensive to have installed. I think rifle basix makes a drop in sear for under 50.00 that helps a lot, overall Ive had nothing but good luck with the old tangs

Back