Knife junkies: What's your EDC?

My 2 favorites are a benchmade and a hk auto I have had for a couple years.They fire extremely fast and lock up solid as can be and there is just something about benchmade steel they hold an edge even under heavy use

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThat looks great. Very nice. That guy gets some of the best wood of anyone I've ever seen.......

In this case it's not wood but rather highly polished musk ox horn.

In recent years, I've become a fan of the Kershaw brand (good value for the quality)...I had a nice 'assist opening' and wound up losing it when it snagged on my seat belt and flipped out of the car without me seeing it...Probably skidded under the car parked next to me...

Here are four that I've collected, the most recent is the top one..It's a model 1880 and fairly new to their line (my next EDC)...The company from which I ordered it even gave the option of having my name laser engraved on the blade...The second one down is a model 1930 Asset assisted opening, very similar in operation to the Ken Onion (my dress pants carry) below it...The last one is a Crown II model 3150...Not spring assisted, but has a great edge on it..

Here is my rotation of carry knives for day to day use: Benchmade Griptilian, Spyderco Tenacious, Kershaw Skyline, and an Old Timer Medium (I believe) Stockman

Here is what I rotate through for carrying in the field hunting: Becker BK16, American made Old Timer 141OT, and a Gerber Gator.

Sorry to disappoint, cheapie razor knife, I go through several blades a week. I have a little Japan made Kershaw folder for other carry times.
I like the US made 140 series Old Timers for hunting.

Back