Hot shot brass

My understanding is that a company by the name of Century International Arms contracts with various ammunition manufacturers to produce ammo with that brand name.

Much of it is made by Privi Partizan, but a lot of their .223 is made by PMC.

So with it coming from different sources, I'm going to guess that it's going to vary in quality from batch to batch.

Check it over close and make sure if it's Boxer or Berdan primed, before you break a decap pin.

Bought some of the Century Hot Shot 6.5x55 ammo maybe 5 years ago. Broke off the pin of my decapper in it when I tried to resize the fired brass. Turned out my particular 6.5 Swede Hot Shot brass had smaller than normal primer holes in the brass. This problem with the smaller primer holes was probably just with the 6.5x55 ammo. But, just a caution for you on the primer hole in Hot Shot Brass. Might want to check it before trying to resize it. Other than that, recall I didn't get a lot of reloads out of my Hot Shot brass.

DGW, I googled hot shot brass and found that a lot of people have had problems with small flash holes.

I guess I should have done that in the first place.

Think I'll recycle them.

Thanks

Back