8 year old suspended for "finger gun"

The gesture was an act of violence the school said. Well who is telling on 8yo kids playing during recess? This zero tolerance policy cr@p has gone to far. The people who made that decision should be fired. That shows they are not capable of teaching students, and have no common sense. Don't parents have any rights anymore when the kids go to school. And they wonder why kids are leaving public schools at any chance they get. I still can't believe this, is this a joke?

Quote: School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns.

Them invisible (assault) guns are the most dangerous, doncha know!

Regards,
hm

Jesus dont get me started on the education system. K through college is a joke and really no point the way this country is going. As soon as they are old enough im sending my kids to vo-tech through a machinist course so they can build custom rifles for dear old dad
wink.gif

If the kid had flashed the middle finger? All that would have happened is PROBABLY a reprimand. After all there is threat of violence in flipping someone off - is there?

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote: School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns.

Them invisible (assault) guns are the most dangerous, doncha know!

Regards,
hm
grin.gif
.........................DDUUUHHHHHH....If it's invisible, how did they see him point it????

Why aren't the parents of these children raining he11 down on these schools? If my child where suspended for this, they wold never hear the end of it. RS sheepish parents that allow this crap to take hold.

Invisible guns!!!!! The Thought Police are on the March..
Our country is insane.. The teachers unions are the leaders of this insanity pushed by the liberal left.. Our country needs a house cleaning..

The progressive SOB's are doing exactly as they planned, in a couple of generations the kids will be so scared of guns they won't even want to say the word gun let alone own one. The "conditioning" of school kids must be stopped if we want this free country to remain free.

That is spot on. The goal isn't to ban guns out right, it is to reduce the number of gun rights activists .... until they can ban guns!

Seriously, what the heck happened to rationality & common sense in this country?

My gosh, if the educational system thought like this when I was a kid, every little boy I ever knew would have never made it out of school...because we all would have been suspended EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!
Actually, in our time, it wouldn't have been suspensions...it would have been spankings by either the teachers or the principal with a wooden paddle. THEN...when we got home, it would have most likely led to another spanking from Mom or Dad.
Of course, in today's world that is looked upon as "child abuse".

Instead, when I was a kid, we were allowed to play & be CHILDREN with imaginations!!!!
We were encouraged to GET OUTSIDE & play. Or as my folks used to say, "Get ouside & blow the stink off.".

I wonder......if I were a kid today...would I get in trouble with Big Brother, for playing "cowboys & Indians"/"cops & robbers" by myself in my own yard, out on the farm?
(There were no nearby friends, since I lived 6 miles from any kids my own age. So, while home, I had to entertain myself.)

Originally Posted By: Field MedicLet's try some " zero tolerance " along out borders... I agree the parents need to pull together and make some board meetings...

Too many parents let the schools raise their children.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOriginally Posted By: Field MedicLet's try some " zero tolerance " along out borders... I agree the parents need to pull together and make some board meetings...

Too many parents let the schools raise their children.

Too friggin true!

Chupa

Can't argue with that... Anyone can have children. It takes a parent to PARENT!!! More so these days with all the multimedia, texting, Facebook etc. being present at boardmeetings and peer parent groups BEFORE you have an issue...

Zero Tolerance works great in my home: No Facebook, No Internet unless it's school related and supervised with me or my wife and no texting... You need to talk on the phone you use the house phone... Worked for me growing up it will work for you ...

Back