Hidden camera catches 2nd ammendment sign "thief"

Yes. BUT... as always 'they' are making excuses for the 'officer' by trying to say the sign was on the right of way not on the man's property. If the sign had been for almost anything else the 'offender' would have been sent a letter telling him to remove the sign. I don't think 'they' would have sent a police officer to remove the sign. They may have sent a codes enforcement officer to request removal of the sign and deliver a letter and/or maybe a citation. I'm not even sure it was legal for the 'officer' to remove the sign w/o a court order to do so.
A letter or vist to the homeowner would have been a much better way to handle the situation. Also, if this was a codes violation why was the homeowner not informed of such violation after the first sign was removed?
The whole thing stinks to me. I guess it's time to put the sign next to the front door.

I hate it when a city starts to act like they are an HOA and tell people what they can do on thier private property.

As usual, I would love to bring one of the founding fathers forward to now, and see how they would react to what we have to deal with on a daily basis.
It make you think what they would have changed and written differently if they knew what was being pulled.

Last edited:
Tbone if you brought one forward, he would be disgraced by how far down the rabbit hole we have gone. The loss of freedoms and the excessive police/regulation state we have would make him round up a militia and start the 2nd revolution. But I'm sure he would think the weaponry we have now is cool. And I'm sure he wouldn't be telling us the 2nd is about muskets and all the other bs we keep hearing.

Catskinner,,,
Quote:eek:ld turtle will make some excuse for this bum..No excuses here...I'd be pushing for his termination....You must have a really low opinion of me, as well as most LEOs...

Actually not old turtle, I usually enjoy reading your posts. Its nothing personal, I just have a healthy distrust of law agencies, and politicians is all. And you usually defend your brothers in blue, which is understandable. And you guys don't do yourself any favors with all the videos out there of absurd leo behavior, and the types of recruits they hire now to fit hiring requirements, allows for second rate hires. Integrity is gone basically.

It's too bad there aren't any videos of bankers, mechanics, various small business owners etc. showing all sorts of obsurd behaviors that would muddy Catskinner's opinion...I am certain that whatever job you work in has the same amount of people who take advantage of others, lie/cheat/steal as every other job.

I realize police officers wield a different level of responsibility due to their given legal powers (flame on), but I would be willing to bet my salary that there are a higher than average level of honest police officers out there. Just the other day the guy at the Discount Tire near me lied to my wife and told her she was getting the same tire I had previously bought...doesn't change my opinion of tire salesmen.

I can try to find it but I read elsewhere that he was told by the city the sign was on the right of way, that he had letters sent to him and he told the city he wasn't going to comply. IF it is true that the signs were on the right of way, it would not be an issue in the least that the officer removed it, although I realize none of that will make everyone sleep well at night.

Tire salesmen aren't paid by taxpayers so that makes no sense. And thd tire salesman wasn't sneaking around kicking down signs because he thinks he's the only person who should be able to carry a gun. And I'm not sure what you mean about a higher level of honesty, but studies show cops commit more crimes than concealed carry owners on average.

I would love to see that study. And I guess if someone is dishonest in business, it only matters if they are paid by tax payers...excellent argument.

Again, info I have read says the homeowner was informed the sign was in the right of way several times. I would bet my salary the officer was sent to remove it after the homeowner was given that information. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/25/hidden-camera-catches-culprit-taking-man-second-amendment-sign/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/...s-pro-gun-sign/

I am not a fan of all the city ordinances in my city either, but the reality is it is where I live and I am obligated to abide by them.

But again, you must be right. That cop was taking the sign down because he thinks he is the only one who should be able to carry a gun.

My point was that tire salesmen aren't paid by taxpayers and you can shop elsewhere, try that with the cops. They do what they want, like this guy did. Then make up excuses afterwards to cover his @ss. Its clear by the blaze story that they are making it up as they go, only because he got caught on film. Here is a Texas study that shows .1884% of chl holders commit crimes.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/Reports/ConvictionRatesReport2011.pdf

And here it shows cops at .42%, and you know how hard it is to even get a cop arrested, let alone convicted.

http://www.copblock.org/1595/making-the-case-for-more-police-accountability/

But since you already are so sure of yourself facts won't matter in this debate.

Even Old Turtle would be pushing for his termination, he states in an above post. And he is retired LEO, so his cop instincts picked up the smell of bs in this story. So you are just making excuses for your own reasoning is all.

By the way how much is your salary? I'll take it in PO money orders. I prefer a stack in $100 increments. And I'll pm you my mailing address. I might be willing to take 1/2 now and 1/2 after the 1st of the year if it will cause undue hardship on your family. Or I will be willing to take guns and ammo in equal value. Just let me know what is easier for you. Thanks for being honest and standing by your word. Its hard to find nowadays, just like a good tire salesman. But you sound like you would make a fine one.

Oh, I would hate to send my pittance of a salary using that corrupt, money wasting Post Office. Surely a good government hater like you would like it sent a different way.

So where is your proof that the officer did this on his own accord and not that it was directed after the city gave the homeowner warning? That was, in fact, what I wagered my measly salary on. I gave my proof...

You actually bet your salary twice, read on.

"I realize police officers wield a different level of responsibility due to their given legal powers (flame on), but I would be willing to bet my salary that there are a higher than average level of honest police officers out there. Just the other day the guy at the Discount Tire near me lied to my wife and told her she was getting the same tire I had previously bought...doesn't change my opinion of tire salesmen."

The part about there are a higher than average level of honest police officers out there.

And where do you think I hate government? I hate corruption, wherever it is. So yeah I will take a postal money order. Pittance or not. Let me know if 1/2 now and 1/2 later would be better for your family. This whole story is about integrity. And I expect now you will parse words, and give an ambiguous explanation.

I am waiting on your address friend...

Oh, here are the links to the homeowner in question stating how many times he was informed to move the sign, the city code and such. It is in a forum but you will get the drift.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-po...gn-victory.html

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/60634-so-remember-my-repeal-safe-act-sign-issue.html

Not that it matters, I know laws shouldn't exist if someone doesn't agree with them (speaking of city ordinance, not the safe act which I am completely against...GASP, a cop against gun control, it can't be).

Also, my statement was that officers are higher than average level of honesty. Your numbers list only CHL holders. In know that is probably parsing words, cause I didn't specify what segment of the population (just a dumb cop here). How about a real study, maybe from one that isn't from a cop hate website?

There are hundreds of videos made daily of "bankers, mechanics, various small business owners etc. showing all sorts of obsurd behaviors", they are called police dashcam videos. The big difference is that no one cares if they act a foo. I know some cops that are turds, but I know a multitude more that aren't. Some other "professions" could only hope to have that ratio. I've yet to me someone that highly distrusts law enforcement that hasn't pulled something and been caught.
I've got plenty more that I could say on this matter but I'm hoping to get another drunk teacher, accountant, construction worker, banker, doctor, salesman, housewife, student etc. off the road tonight before they kill anyone's loved one.
And just in case that doesn't make you hate me enough, I'm also a vegetarian.

But my original post was that concealed permit holders commit less crime than leo. And you said you would like to see that study. And if any cop is against gun control, turn yours in first. And we know most cops are terrible shots anyway.

And scobrey we all know there are plenty of dash cams showing cops doing stupid illegal stuff too. So what is your point. I bet your only a vegetarian cuz your a bad shot.

Back