Wild Justice

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Did anyone see the episode of Wild Justice where they were after the hog poachers in California?

Only in California would they consider feral hogs wildlife needing protection. Hunters shouldn't break the laws, but the laws should allow for hog control more than they are.

Note how they consider hunting hogs with dogs "cruelty to animals".

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerNote how they consider hunting hogs with dogs "cruelty to animals".I don't blame the game rangers as much as I do their idiotic state legislature out there. California's government is crumbling and they're devoting energy to worrying about silly-a$s nonsense like feral hogs and boots made from kangaroo hide.

Originally Posted By: BricktopOriginally Posted By: YellowhammerNote how they consider hunting hogs with dogs "cruelty to animals".I don't blame the game rangers as much as I do their idiotic state legislature out there. California's government is crumbling and they're devoting energy to worrying about silly-a$s nonsense like feral hogs and boots made from kangaroo hide.

thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

keep in mind that what we call fines, governments (federal, state, county and city) call revenue. So when a government entity starts to run short on revenue they look for new places to get it.

Kalifornia Politician 1: We're running out money. How can we suck more money out of our citizens?

Kalifornia Politician 2: I got it. Let's regulate the hunting of feral hogs. We can make people buy a license to hunt them. And if the hogs tear up someone property, which they always do, we can sell them permits to get rid of them. And since there's no difference between feral hogs and domestic pigs, we can fine people that kill their own hogs. They can fight it in court, but it would cost them more than the fine and we still collect court costs.

Does that sound farfetched?

Yes that is pretty much it. Oh wait it gets better. Our idiots just banned use of lead bullets for hunting state wide...this includes lead shot !!! Yes. Not sure how I'm going to hunt with the 410 & 28 gauge anymore. Insane.

Thank God I don't live in California.

Hey, we've got an out of control, non-native, invasive, damaging, dangerous species out there. Let's regulate it! There's dumb. There's dumber. Then there's California.

The thing is that in California, it's massive over-Governing of everything. You can't take a dump without the Department of Toilet Paper Oversight approving your TP choice to make sure it's 100% organic. They spend hundreds of millions of dollars per year in Calafornia just regulating the sale of weed. Only an entire state of retreads could make something legal and then lose money regulating the sale of it.

The really sick thing is that it's only a matter of time before California comes crawling to the rest of the country asking for a bailout.

Grouse

Back