.17 Scores...(pic)

Dogboy

Got this female about 11:00 am in one of my better spots.

Did 5 stands today, this was on my 2nd stand.

Had just sat down in front of a big juniper and was looking the area over, when I spotted this yote coming to a small patch of water left over from last weeks rain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

She was about 300 yards in front of me, I tooted the critr call standard and got her attention, but she was thirsty and wasn't coming right away.

I lip squeeked her a few times and finally she quit drinking but didn't bunge. Tooted the critr call again and her she came, in no big hurry.

When she was about 160 yards out she turned and headed from my right to left. I didn't want her to get into a couple of small draws to my left so I thought I'd take the shot. 165 yards lazered.

Put the crosshairs on the bottom of her neck just above the chest while she was walkin. Boom, pop, yelp, she dropped in her tracks and didn't move.

Could not find the enterance hole and just a small patch of blood on her fur on the other side. Amazing how that little bullet usually doesn't do much to the animal. Hit her dead center in the neck. 15 degree downhill shot.

She's was real healthy looking, fur was good.

fa793863.jpg

Nice pic and story Dogboy! It is amazing how gentle that rifle of yours is on coyotes. Going to have to get one of those 17's someday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks guys. Yes Curt it's gentle usually. It's a great caliber if your shooting where I'm at. Don't have to worry about ricochets etc. Bullet just blows up when it hits anything hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When this barrel finally shoots itself out, a custom barrel will be much better and stop the fouling problem I hope, other than that, no complaints.

It's nice to see the hit in the scope, because there's no recoil.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back