3 More BRK's

BlackDog1

In my last OP I mentioned some dissatisfaction with the Pro-Scalpel and my intention to return it. It just so happened that I had a lunch meeting today not to far from KSF's shop so I popped in to exchange the knife and select another.
Boy was that a mistake, excellent service, no hassle exchange, a cool storefront and myself being a 12 year old kid trapped in an old mans body, well...
I couldn't help myself...my hands didn't want (couldn't) let go..... and you probably know where this is going.
drool.gif

A Canadian Special, Coco scales in A-2, a 'Lil Canadian, Desert Ironwood scales in CPM-3V and a 1st production run Gunny Hunter, Jimping, Desert Ironwood scales and also in CPM-3V followed me home.......well thats what I told my bride anyway
whistle.gif

Bushcraft sheaths for the 2 Canadians and a unique, well executed sheath for the Gunny. I like how the Gunny locks into the sheath just like the Drop Point Hunter I received last week.
I have large-xl large hands, the balance and grip are excellent, the quality of materials and workmanship is exquisite.
It may have been the pics of 2muchs incredible collection and too much kool-aid over the weekend that sent me straight over the edge.........
w00t.gif

I think I could use some professional help...... anyone?????
Heres a few pics;

Best,
Bob

null_zpsabd99be5.jpg

null_zps7afbfb18.jpg

null_zps3b745390.jpg

Man-O-Man
That's a beautiful trio.

Your old Grohmann's are gonna be jealous.

What ya need now is a nice little Coco scaled caper/skinner in D2 to complete the set.
wink.gif

Thanks Charlie, you're right on the money, a nice little coco scaled caper /skinner in D-2 would be just the ticket.....
I haven't built up the nerve to show them to the Grohmanns .... I feel like I cheated on 'em some how. I'm going to give them to my grandson for his first hunting knife set, he will get a great kit to get started and my conscious will feel better.
Best,
Bob

I really like the looks of that Gunny Hunter. I need a new knife like I need a hole in the head, but I might have to put that on my Christmas wish list...

Wow those are some seriously nice looking blades right there Bob
thumbup1.gif
They will look great when a patina sets in also.

That Lil' Canadian is calling my name. Love it.

I went ahead and ordered another Mini-Canadian (just black, not nice wood like yours)) to go with my Canadian Special. Got it locally for $92.

My suggestion is you get a Mini or Mikro in ironwood or coco to complete the trio. Nothing that setup wouldn't handle easily.

Slap a little Bear Grease (or what have you) on those sheaths and piggy back 'em together with some rawhide, toss a firesteel rod and small sharpening rod in the loops, and rule the world.

(I'd make the rods out of ironwood or coco also. BRKT sells them, but too pricey IMO. I can make them for you, if you can't for some reason. But hey, I just remembered, you are a carpenter also.) Get to work man.........

Thanks Fellas,
I got into the moment and happened to have slapped some Obenaunfs on them last night while watching some hunting shows I recorded. I need to say that's about the best stuff I've used for leather boots or whatever you need a good leather dressing on. Smells good too, you can darn near smell the hive there's so much bee propolis in it. I don't care for any leather dressings that smell like a chemical plant on anything in my hunting kit and it darkened up the leather to a nice reddish brown like the old Lawrence scabbards.
2Much,
Thanks for your generous offer and great ideas on piggybacking and the rods!!!! that's much appreciated. I'm gonna follow up on that, I sent my last piece of Coco off to a pal recently so I need to go snoop around for some more of that or some Ironwood.

DesertRam,
I looked at the Gunny's for a little while and wasn't at all sure about them til I had it in hand. I learned that its a scaled down Bravo 1 with just a little more drop on the blade and sans the thumb ramp. The blade is narrower and the sweep is sharper than the Loveless drop point hunter I picked up. IMHO, the handle ergonomics is ideal for about any hand position including choking up on blade. I like the jimping on the spine too, its something I became very accustomed to on my Grohmann Canadians and a Randall Trapper and since this knife style is offered either with or without, I'll take it with.

Best,
Bob

Hazen? Is that you buddy? If so, how' s the world treat'n you these days?
Haven't talked with you in quite a while............ Hope all is well with you and yours......
Bob

Originally Posted By: BlackDog1I sent my last piece of Coco off to a pal recently so I need to go snoop around for some more of that or some Ironwood.

I have a life-time supply of Coco.
I'll send ya some. It's the least I can do.
wink.gif

BTW,,,, In your original post you said the Hunter is Ironwood and the large Canadian is Coco. Did you by chance mix them up? Those two types of wood are so close it's hard to say but it sure looks that way from way over here.

ETA,,, that small Canadian's really making me green.
Let me know if your grandson doesn't like it.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunterBeautiful knives..Makes me think I should rush out and buy a couple.. Very nice..

Welcome aboard WCH.
It's good to see you over here.
A welcome addition indeed.

Originally Posted By: RePeteETA,,, that small Canadian's really making me green.
grin.gif

Agreed. That knife rocks. They did not make them when I bought my larger Canadian Special, or I may have opted for it. My other (new) Mini Canadian should be in today's mail. I'd say between those 2 knives piggybacked together, I should have the bases covered pretty well.

Sounds like Charlie has you all set on the coco. PM me your address and I will shoot you out a 5/16" ferro rod to go with it, if you like. That is about max size in a BRKT sheath. And some brass tubing, if ya want a hole in it.........

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: BlackDog1I sent my last piece of Coco off to a pal recently so I need to go snoop around for some more of that or some Ironwood.

I have a life-time supply of Coco.
I'll send ya some. It's the least I can do.
wink.gif

BTW,,,, In your original post you said the Hunter is Ironwood and the large Canadian is Coco. Did you by chance mix them up? Those two types of wood are so close it's hard to say but it sure looks that way from way over here.

ETA,,, that small Canadian's really making me green.
grin.gif

Thanks a lot for the Coco Charlie, thats very kind and its much appreciated. Yes sir, the wood does look so close its almost hard to tell but the large Canadian is Coco and the Hunter is Ironwood, I was able to pick them out a little and am pleased at how well they all matched up. The Coco handles for the ferro rods are gonna look fantastic with these knives.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: RePeteETA,,, that small Canadian's really making me green.
grin.gif

Agreed. That knife rocks. They did not make them when I bought my larger Canadian Special, or I may have opted for it. My other (new) Mini Canadian should be in today's mail. I'd say between those 2 knives piggybacked together, I should have the bases covered pretty well.

Sounds like Charlie has you all set on the coco. PM me your address and I will shoot you out a 5/16" ferro rod to go with it, if you like. That is about max size in a BRKT sheath. And some brass tubing, if ya want a hole in it.........

Bet you're keeping an eye on the mailbox today, its always fun looking forward to getting cool stuff in the mail. I'm anxious to see your new knife, Its gonna look sweet piggybacked to your other one.
I got to put out the fair warning also...... I get grumpy when I don't see pictures too, must be a carpenter thing
grin.gif

Geez...you guys are great!!! thanks a lot for your generosity too, that's awful kind of you and much appreciated also.
Looks like I'd better blow some dust off a few tools, I'm really looking forward to making up some custom fire steels.....
grin.gif

Best,
Bob

No problem Bob.
There's no way I'll ever use all that wood. You might as well put some of it to use too.

I won't get to town until next week but be patient. It's coming.

Ken,,, what's the dia. of the rod? I want to make sure I send a wide enough piece.

Back