UPDATE-got my ATP scope back from Mueller

Don Armstrong

Well, it took a little over a week to get my scope back. The up and down turret would go to 2 and lock up. The new one works fine up and down but the left and right will go to about 2 and get tight, then it will lock up. The left and right on the origional scope worked fine. Not going to send it back. I ordered a Weaver V16 4.5X14 AO yesterday. Put the Mueller on my .223 AR with bull barrel. Will shot it and see if it works ok. The glass seems to be good. I will put the Weaver on the AR if the Mueller doesn't cut it. Don

So... Let me get this straight....... you sent a brand new "defective" scope back to the manufacturer and got back another "defective" scope in return?

Well, that seems to be the case. I am thinking when I get it zeroed, I will not have to go all the way to one. It won't move past 2 but moves from 2 to 3, fairly tight. From 3 to past 6 it is fairly smooth. I think the scope has nice glass and the mildot has nice round dots. I was thinking , sometimes a bad thing for me, why would you have exposed turrets and mildots in the same scope. The original scope moved left to right really smooth. I am disappointed in the exposed turrets and will probably send it back for a refund if it doesn't work well at the range. I will not try another scope from Mueller. Maybe I'm expecting to much but would have thought Mueller would have checked the scope before shipping it to me. Don

Originally Posted By: Don ArmstrongWell, that seems to be the case. I am thinking when I get it zeroed, I will not have to go all the way to one. It won't move past 2 but moves from 2 to 3, fairly tight. From 3 to past 6 it is fairly smooth. I think the scope has nice glass and the mildot has nice round dots. I was thinking , sometimes a bad thing for me, why would you have exposed turrets and mildots in the same scope. The original scope moved left to right really smooth. I am disappointed in the exposed turrets and will probably send it back for a refund if it doesn't work well at the range. I will not try another scope from Mueller. Maybe I'm expecting to much but would have thought Mueller would have checked the scope before shipping it to me. Don

Vertical was FUBAR, sent it in,got it back, now horizontal is FUBAR,won't move past two,but from 2 to 3 is fairly tight,3 to 6 is fairly smooth. I can honestly say I'm totally confused and won't buy a Mueller scope.
confused.gif
ohmy.gif

Originally Posted By: FurhunterIf you can get a refund... Why would you even screw around with it. Send it back, get your money and move on.

Yep.

Want to try it out, to see, if the scope is functional. It
will only cost me some reloads. Other than the turrets, l like the scope. If l can't get it to track, l will call Mueller for a refund. Don

I would suggest making sure the turrets are optically centered.

scope2-774017.JPG

This picture illustrated what can happen if one turret is cranked to one extreme or the other. If a turret is cranked all the way to one side then it will cause the opposing adjustment to be severely limited.

Well I tried what Joe Bob suggested and I think I figured out what the issue is. On the first scope, that I got from Joe Bob, the "tech" at Muller said the scope would have the full range but they had glued a piece( I'm assuming a stop ) in the wrong place. On the new scope the vertical will move to 6 and stop, where it should. When you go the full range the opposite way, it is 6 revolutions. On the horizontal you move it till it stops which is 1 and not 0, as it should be. If you go the full range the opposite way, it moves 6 revolutions so I'm assuming again that the stop was not glued in the right place. Evidently the Chinese have bad Fridays and Mondays like we do
unsure.gif
. Going to shot my .223 with it tomorrow. If it works I will probably keep it but I would not sell it to anyone like it is. Don

Originally Posted By: Don ArmstrongWant to try it out, to see, if the scope is functional. It
will only cost me some reloads. Other than the turrets, l like the scope. If l can't get it to track, l will call Mueller for a refund. Don

I hope you don't complain if they charge you for fixing it or won't take it back after you use it first!

Gerbs, it has a life time warranty. I live in America and can complain about anything I want to. It's is your choice to listen or go away. Ain't America great?Don

Last edited:
Don, with all the trouble you have had with a simple scope purchase I was just suggesting to be done with it instead of trying to work with a broken scope.

I agree, not buying a Mueller.........

Gerbs, you are right. I should just get my money back but I'm hardheaded. I want to see if it works. If not I will give Mueller the option of a replacement or a refund. I realize they may not want to give a refund but they will have to evently give me a scope that works. I got a new 4.5X14 AO Weaver V series yesterday so I have a back up plan. I seem to have POed a bunch of people her about this scope. I am just telling everyone what happened. I thought forums were for people to discuss issues. I am sorry that it didn't go like everyone wanted it to. I told everyone what was told to me when I called the retailer. They didn't seem to care what my issue was. Maybe I read them wrong but they didn't ask, just said go to the Manufacture. I told everyone what Mueller said and what the issue is with the relacement they sent me. It is not a problem for people to disagree on issues. The problem comes when people get personal. I could care less if you agree with me, that is your right. But please remember if you attack me personally, I'm going to attack back. That is human nature. Don

Back