coons tearing up feeders

wvyotehunter68

I've had some coons tearing up my feeders coon season is out. Am I legally aloud to shoot them because there destroying my property. If not what can I legally do to to help get rid rid of the coons. I'm located in wv

are you legally allowed to live trap and relocate em? Id just keep feeding em and let em get big. I hear fur prices may be even higher this year.

Squirrels in the day and coons at night. I tried Pam ,WD40, Furnature polish and it only lasted a couple days. The way I did it was to use 2 to 3 ft pieces of 3in thin wall PVC pipe and on the top edge opposite sides and drill drill a hole, in the holes put a spring on each side tie the other ends together with a piece of paricord about 8in long, slip them up over the legs and tie them to the top where the legs attach to the feeder. When they climb the legs and get to the PVC pipe and get ahold of it the springs will let the pipe come down and knock their back leggs off the feeder or it will rotate and throw them off balance. Bought every thing at LOWES. They would empty it in 3 days and now it last me 6 weeks. It works

I usually put Vaseline on the legs of my feeder when coons and squirrels start harassing the slinger. I like to put it just a foot or two from the top so they get to work some before busting their butt. Have gotten some hilarious videos in the process.

I tried the Vaseline it seems to wear off pretty quick I've got so many pictures of coons I'm going crazy. There even coming to it the daylight. I'm gonna try chisel paste I got the otherday then if that. Don't work I'm going with the pvc pipe method. I will win this war . Luckly the squirrels are not getting on the feeder there just staying on the ground. My goal is to get a squirrel a deer and a coon in the same pic.

Originally Posted By: wvyotehunter68I tried the Vaseline it seems to wear off pretty quick I've got so many pictures of coons I'm going crazy. There even coming to it the daylight. I'm gonna try chisel paste I got the otherday then if that. Don't work I'm going with the pvc pipe method. I will win this war . Luckly the squirrels are not getting on the feeder there just staying on the ground. My goal is to get a squirrel a deer and a coon in the same pic.

Yea in the warm weather the Vaseline doesn't last long and I have to do it every wee or so. Once it gets colder it stays for quite a while.

Last year Ieft my feeder in the woods for about 2 months after season was over. About a month of that was empty. Had a 2X4" hole chewed in the bottom of it.

Grandpa used to put "Stickem" on the poles, etc where he had
feeders or what not mounted.

The critters would get that on their paws and it just about
drove them nuts trying to clean it off. Grandpa spent many
hours watching them. It was cheap entertainment.

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresGrandpa used to put "Stickem" on the poles, etc where he had
feeders or what not mounted.

The critters would get that on their paws and it just about
drove them nuts trying to clean it off. Grandpa spent many
hours watching them. It was cheap entertainment.

I bet it was entertaining

Dod1whckr Is there still more of those snakes in Wyo. than there are people?? I spent time in Wyo.for the Army Reserve and we killed like60 rattlers in 2 weeks. It seemed they were every place you would want to sleep,sit ,or eat.

They are STILL everywhere you go, except, it seems,(from my perspective), few to zero IN the farm land spots where irrigation canals seem to be a barrier for them. See quite a few OUTSIDE that barrier though. Yeah, they are still everywhere.

Get a couple tubes of grease and put on legs first 2.5-3 ft from ground and then top of legs for 1-2 ft. Coon problem will stop. They do not like the grease on feet

Back