The most carnage you've seen by a varmint gun(GRAPHIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmax17

Whats the most destruction/carnage you've seen from your varmint

mine is a rabbit at 10 yards with a 243 with 55 Gr. nosler ballistic tip the biggest peace i found was about the size of my fist

Last edited:
Pigeon. 80 ft up in the air on top of a silo. Only thing to hit the ground was a couple of feathers. .22-250 hollowpoints.

Ground squirrel sitting on a rock, barked it off the rock, it went well over fifteen feet straight up, it looked odd so I went to look at it. It was just its hide, the rest vaporized. Using a .222, 52 gr. hollow point.

Mine was jsut not too long ago, took my 357 along on a prairie dog hunt..had one completely out of his hole at 15 yards..125 JHP totalled him out!!

Overall most by far.....I spent 7 hours one day shooting prairie dgos from basically the same place. At the end of the day I went for a little walk to check things out. Lets just say you had to "watch where you walked". I figured I shot over 300 rds. probably hit 85-90%....that is lots of carnage.
In a single shot.....shot a prairie dogs at 10 yds. "end for end" 50 vmax 22-250 I found little red specs...thats it.

My 25-06 launching 75g V-Max's beyond 3600fps really tears a groundhog or chuck up.

The worst case of this though, was when I shot one through the mouth at about 30 yards. After the vital head explosion, fragments of the little pill continued through the neck, completely vaporizing it. Beyond this point, what was left of the hog flew through the air and all that was left was a few chunks of fur and blood.

BTW, did you post this at RimfireCentral also? The same exact topic is in the hunting forum...

Not my varmint rifle, But i got a sqirrel with my 12 gauge slug gun last deer season. All I found was the tail.

was dove hunting and a gopher stuck his head in the barrell of a shotgun. I just sat there watching the guy just knowing he couldn't take it much longer. KABOOM-no more gopher

Back in my drinking days we were hunting the Black Hills in Western South Dakota for deer. My brother me and a few friends were out there. I was with my friend and we came across a little ground squirrel on a fallen down tree at about 100 yds. I shot it with my Tikka .270. The squirrel, normally about 5 inches long was now about two foot long, guts were hanging everywhere. We put it in the back of the pickup and put a piece of masking tape around it's back leg and wrote the name of one or the other hunters on the tape (like a tag on a deer) we took it back to the place we were staying that night and there happened to be a bar that we have been drinking at for the last couple nights right next to the hotel. Me and my friend got to drinking and thinking, and I was dared to go out and get the squirrel. I went out and got it and layed on the bar. It was nasty. We got a lot of good laughs and I took it back out of the bar. The bartender did nothing, just wiped off the bar with the bar rag.

LMAO
I forgot about the squirrel with the tag on its leg.

I should dig out the pictures of the deer in the hotel room.

You should. Are there any deer pics with just the deer in the underwear? I think the guys on here would like to see that.

I have pictures but i think they might be a bit too graphic.

top three

Head shot doe at 2 feet 12 gauge 400 gr. HP slug. Eyes blew clean out of the socket, hole the size of a softball

Head shot grey fox at 30 yards 22-250 50 gr vmax. Hollowed the head out back into the neck. You could literally flip the flaps of skin back of and fix the face

Running woodchuck 15 feet, .243 55 gr ballistic silvertip. guts were 5 feet behind the body.

A couple weeks ago my hunting partner shot a pdog at about 75 yards with my 6mm Rem. I'd loaded some 55 grain NBT's to 3980 fps. I'd heard of "total vaporization" of a pdog, but wasn't too convinced it was possible. I am now. There was absolutely nothing left but a few hairs and a wet spot.

Mike

I know its supposed to be about massive carnage done by a varmint rifle, but we shot a porcupine in the head at about 20 feet with a .44 Mag. Blew a barn-sized door out of it. Total mess. I guess you shoot varmints with what you've got at the time, and at that time, my varmint gun was a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mag!

The third and fourth chucks in this clip from my new video come unglued pretty good. Shot with my 6AI and 75 Vmax.

But they ain't nothing, at all, compared to using .357 125 gr. JHP's loaded in a .350 Rem. Mag. on jack rabbits. That was just plain disgusting.

- DAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Muskrat at 5 yards with a 12ga. Lets just say all that was left was four legs. Plus he flew out of the water a good five feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back