Foxpro Fury 2 or Shockwave?

LARUEminati

Which one and why? I'm finally looking to pick up an electric call and I am deciding between these two Foxpro's mainly becuase I want to go with the better remote control over the TX-9 that is supplied with the rest of them. Is the shockwave worth the extra $100 for someone who doesnt really need the features and only would utilize the extra volume (if there is any) and the better remote (TX-1000)? Also, does anyone have any input on battery life between the two, i'd imagine the Shockwave would drain them alot quicker?

If it were me, I'd go with the Fury2. I myself dont need the bells and whistles. I'm sure the Shockwave will be louder, but the Fury will be a little more packable.

I could see me buying a Fury/Firestom sort of setup, but I need volume so Im going with a new CS24b.

I own a fury 2 with the sp55 external speaker. I will be selling it soon to upgrade to the Shockwave. For me its the the ease of transport. I do a ton of hiking and 1 piece is better than 2. If you decide you want a fury 2 and want to save a little $$, message me.

I have the Fury and the Shockwave. They are actually very close in performance.

Shockwave does weigh a little more but it's only 1 pound. You pick up some really nice options for the extra 100.00. If you have trouble reading the newspaper I would go with the Shockwave but if your eyes are really sharp you can save the 100.00 becasue the biggest plus to me with the Shockwave is the REMOTE. TX1000 easier to read and use.

If you go with the Fury and later decide you need more volume you can add a SP55 speaker to the Fury and it will be as loud if not louder than the Shockwave.

Battery life. IMO the batteries in the Shockwave last longer than the Fury----however the batteries in the Remotes last longer in the Fury.

They already have a FoxJack decoy for the Fury and soon they will have one for the Shockwave. The one I have on the Fury puts very little drain on the callers batteries.

I have killed a lot of coyotes using both the Fury and the Shockwave but I find myself using the Shockwave the most due to the REMOTE.

Yote Yoda USMC
Twinkie Pro Staff

Thanks for the feedback. I do like the extra portability of the Fury as I cover alot of ground each hunt, however I have a feeling i'll end up with the shockwave. Also, from what I can see the shockwave is only a little bit bigger and wouldnt be a noticble difference strapped to my backpack when compared to the fury. The only downside is that it will be over $700 with the rechargeable batteries, thats a hard pill to swallow

Originally Posted By: LARUEminati Also, from what I can see the shockwave is only a little bit bigger and wouldnt be a noticble difference strapped to my backpack when compared to the fury.

Everybody keeps saying a shockwave is just *a little bit bigger* and *a little bit heavier* than than a Fury.

Sittin side by side on a shelf in SW the other day, the 'Wave looked noticeably bigger and felt considerably heavier to me. Just sayin.

I didn't like the way the speakers flopped around so easily when unlatched on the Wave. Maybe a way the user could put some tension on the hinges may of been a good feature.

If you go to the FoxPro site, you will see the following specs:

Fury 8" x 4" x 6", 2.5 lbs. w/batteries

Shockwave 5.75" x 12.25" x 7", 3.9 lbs. w/batteries

Remember that the Shockwave is a more complete speaker setup featuring two tweeters and two horns, with the ability to adjust for direction. There is no question that it is larger than the Fury and 1.4 lbs heavier. The Fury is easier to carry, but many owners also use a SP-55 speaker when they need more volume or want to take advantage of the stereo amplifier. The Fury has plenty of volume for most calling setups.

I like to keep either one in a Yoter's Den deployment bag, which makes either one simple to carry while protecting your ecaller.

Most people who opt for the Shockwave really favor the TX-1000 remote.

Last edited:
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: LARUEminati Also, from what I can see the shockwave is only a little bit bigger and wouldnt be a noticble difference strapped to my backpack when compared to the fury.

Everybody keeps saying a shockwave is just *a little bit bigger* and *a little bit heavier* than than a Fury.

Sittin side by side on a shelf in SW the other day, the 'Wave looked noticeably bigger and felt considerably heavier to me. Just sayin.

I didn't like the way the speakers flopped around so easily when unlatched on the Wave. Maybe a way the user could put some tension on the hinges may of been a good feature.

Unfortunately there's no where near me that has Foxpro calls out of the box, or any e-caller for that matter so its tough for me to guage the size/weight differencs. Up here in Massachusetts you have to get used to buying a lot of stuff sight un-seen since hunting and anything pro-gun is looked down upon. However, I'm definitly taking into consideration the size/weight difference more at this point but the remote is still the huge deciding factor.

Also, I dont really like the comment on the floppy speakers on the shockwave because I could picture that happening based on the looks of its design, that could cause some issues trying to get them to face where I want them unless the call is directly on the ground (snow).

Originally Posted By: LARUEminati
Also, I dont really like the comment on the floppy speakers on the shockwave because I could picture that happening based on the looks of its design, that could cause some issues trying to get them to face where I want them unless the call is directly on the ground (snow).

That was my first thought when I unlatched them.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminati
Unfortunately there's no where near me that has Foxpro calls out of the box, or any e-caller for that matter so its tough for me to guage the size/weight differencs. Up here in Massachusetts you have to get used to buying a lot of stuff sight un-seen since hunting and anything pro-gun is looked down upon. However, I'm definitly taking into consideration the size/weight difference more at this point but the remote is still the huge deciding factor.

PossumAl posted this.

Fury 8" x 4" x 6", 2.5 lbs. w/batteries

Shockwave 5.75" x 12.25" x 7", 3.9 lbs. w/batteries

That should give you a pretty good idea of the difference.

I didn't get to fire up the remote and look at it. I wish I could have. As has been said in many threads and posts, the remote may be the biggest advantage of all to the shockwave.

IMO the speakers are no problem. I use mine on a 3' tripod and I can aim them where I want and they don't move or flop around.

However----IMO I do think DC is correct when he said that they could have had a little better idea for that area.

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCIMO the speakers are no problem. I use mine on a 3' tripod and I can aim them where I want and they don't move or flop around.

However----IMO I do think DC is correct when he said that they could have had a little better idea for that area.

good to know...

I've got some thinking to do thats for sure, I've been flip-flopping back and forth daily on this one. Season here isn't until Oct. 1st and doesnt really heat up until Jan-Feb when theres good snow cover so I have some time to sleep on it. I think if I could physically check them out I could decide in a nono-second, which sucks!

I would still look at a cs24.. Built like a tank, awesome TOA speaker, rumored to have the TX1000 remote this fall, and If you really are set on a tweeter for high pitched sounds I added one to my CS24 for under 10 bucks.

LARUEminati, I don't know if it will help you decide, but I have never had any trouble with the TX500 remote. I really like the Fury/SP-55 in a Yoter's Den Deployment bag, with the sounds for the two channels going out in opposite directions. If I feel a need to angle the speakers in a "V" type configuration, I can always take either out of the bag and aim it.

Most of the people who favor the TX1000 remote like the fact that it is easier to read and has a superior method for arranging your sounds in folders.

They are both excellent ecallers, so rest easy that you won't be making a bad decision either choice.

Originally Posted By: possumalLARUEminati, I don't know if it will help you decide, but I have never had any trouble with the TX500 remote. I really like the Fury/SP-55 in a Yoter's Den Deployment bag, with the sounds for the two channels going out in opposite directions. If I feel a need to angle the speakers in a "V" type configuration, I can always take either out of the bag and aim it.

Most of the people who favor the TX1000 remote like the fact that it is easier to read and has a superior method for arranging your sounds in folders.

They are both excellent ecallers, so rest easy that you won't be making a bad decision either choice.

Ordered the shockwave today, i'll let you guys know what I think once I get it. Thanks for the feedback

Back