Rocked my EGG tonight !!!

Ricky Bobby

Served up a full course meal on my new Big Green Egg tonight.

I done up some BBQ drummies, sweet corn on the cobb, & whole baked potatoes.

Best darn meal I've had in a long time!
grin.gif
I'm really liking my Big Green Egg and suggest that anyone who is looking into getting a grill to try out the ceramic style charcoal cooker/smokers. They are great!

I had the pleasure of cooking on one once when the cook fell ill. It was a short moment in heaven for me. I have never enjoyed grilling so much in my life. Some day I will have a BGE and it will be my last grill. You can bake a cake on that thing it is so consistent.

ARCOREY, I hope you get your EGG sooner than later. It really does a great job on food. I chuckled as we ate this meal tonight ... I told the wife that this grill sure does make me out to be a magnificent chef, but the EGG is honestly the star of the show. I haven't ate anything bad off of it yet. Haven't even had it a full week yet & have done chicken 3 times on it. Chicken is so [beeep] moist on it! Plus the great smoke flavor to boot! Also, we did a pizza one night that was absolutely to die for.

That's looking good.
I have a cousin that smoked/bbq`ed a couple of pork loins with his big green egg and they turned out mighty tasty.
About the only place I have seen them for sale around here is the swimming pool supply store. Just thought that kind of strange you don`t see them everywhere, (retail stores).

Yeah, I think they are building a private dealer network to try and make sure customers get the one-on-one service that is more desirable. They intentionally avoid the bigger chain/department stores. At least that is my take on it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: HookedThat's looking good.
I have a cousin that smoked/bbq`ed a couple of pork loins with his big green egg and they turned out mighty tasty.
About the only place I have seen them for sale around here is the swimming pool supply store. Just thought that kind of strange you don`t see them everywhere, (retail stores).

The only place I remember seeing the BGE in Salina is at one of the swimming pool stores too.

The strangest place I've seen them being sold is in Beloit, KS.
There's a store there that sells them, that is a clothing store!
grin.gif

Recent cooks on the Egg.

Bacon wrapped shrimp kabobs with fresh veggies out of the garden. Along with some fried okra.

How bout some homemade pizzas?
drool.gif

... and more

Slow smoked spare ribs with a homemade rub

Salmon fillets rubbed down with brown sugar & some maple syrup drizzled over the top.

YUMMY!!!
grin.gif

Back