Favorite Knife

coloradocat

Let's see some pictures of everyone's favorite knife. I am sure that everyone here has several knives but you got to have a favorite. Here is mine - a Buck 110 Automatic Conversion. Coolest Knife Ever!

Not necessarily mt favorite, but this one gets carried and used everywhere.

Kershaw Scalion Speed Safe.

bf48e6b5.jpg

That's pretty nice.
I really have no interest in any the new automatics but I like that one.
Kind of a combination of old style and new technology.

My favorite folder's this North Woods Indian River Jack.
ktu3.jpg

The NW B&T pictured with it used to be my favorite fixed blade up until a couple weeks ago when it lost it's standing to this little GEC B&T.
ry9h.jpg

I think bladeplay will do a conversion if you have a starter knife.I bought this one already finished off of gun broker.You can still find them online and they are not that expensive this one was 150 .I think these guys do conversion too www.wirtzwiredm.com/buckknives

Last edited:
This piece has become my favorite in the short time I've had it and goes everywhere with me. It was the first knife I designed and worked on with my buddy that got me started building knives.

It's 5/32" L6 tool steel with Desert Ironwood handles. Both tough materials that have taken well to relatively hard use.

IMG_20130721_145431_246.jpg

Hard to put up "one" of your favorites when its like one pair of socks, you need one for each foot. This pair has traveled a lot of miles through the woods together and dressed a lot of game. I've had the bottom knife IIRC, about 30 years, the top knife close to 20 or so.

Bob

null_zps1e0dfadf.jpg

Originally Posted By: BlackDog1Hard to put up "one" of your favorites when its like one pair of socks, you need one for each foot. This pair has traveled a lot of miles through the woods together and dressed a lot of game. I've had the bottom knife IIRC, about 30 years, the top knife close to 20 or so.

Bob

Those are nice Bob.
My daughter gave a Grahmann B&T for fathers day this year.
Haven't used it yet but it appears to be a nice knife.
The handles different than any thing I've used before, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Thanks RePete, and congrats on your new Grohmann B&T! Both of mine take and hold edges quite well. I've heard the same from others over the years that use them. Though everyones hands are different, the handle shapes do not seem to be as tiresome for me to use as some others during a long spell doing knife work. Hope your hand finds the same comfort sweet spot on your new knife.

Bob

Thanks Bob
Heck, I'd be happy to bag enough fish or birds for my hand to get tired from working on em regardless of which knife I'm using. So far that hasn't been a problem though.
frown.gif

BTW, I had one of those belt knives like yours years ago. Pretty nice little knife.
Not sure what ever happened to it but I suspect it ended up in the wrong camp box back when we used to do a big Deer camp. That's OK though, there were some awfully good guys in that camp so I'm sure it found a good home.

Last edited:
Well my favorite knife to carry when I am going somewhere where the attire is more formal it is my Case XX custom by David Yellowhorse. It has bone handles and native steel.

Originally Posted By: RePeteThanks Bob
Heck, I'd be happy to bag enough fish or birds for my hand to get tired from working on em regardless of which knife I'm using. So far that hasn't been a problem though.
frown.gif

BTW, I had one of those belt knives like yours years ago. Pretty nice little knife.
Not sure what ever happened to it but I suspect it ended up in the wrong camp box back when we used to do a big Deer camp. That's OK though, there were some awfully good guys in that camp so I'm sure it found a good home.

Sorry to hear your original blade went into the deer camps community chest and you haven't seen it since, funny thing now that you mentioned it, that may be where some of my trinkets have disappeared to also.........hmmmmm
Last deer camp was in S.E. Montana near the farthest corner, yours truly being the youngster (I'm in my mid fifties) of a rag tag group that goes well up into their mid- late seventies drew the short straw and had the dubious pleasure of having to cape and skin 5 deer hanging from the meat pole with the aforementioned knives..... I'm going to stick my neck out just a bit and vouch that your new blade should (and I have every reason to believe it will) reward you with the same excellent service.
Best,
Bob

Originally Posted By: BlackDog1

Sorry to hear your original blade went into the deer camps community chest

"Deer camp community chest",,,, I like that.
Probably left it behind so it's my fault anyways but the jokes on them cause thirty years later I'm still finding the occasional glove under my seat:)

grin.gif
, sounds like I'm running with the same bunch........... a bunch of 12 year old kids trapped in old men's bodies....... Wouldn't trade it for nothing..........
laugh.gif

Post script;
I should add that though their eyes and senses have dimmed a bit with the ravages of time, their keen wit and insight are ever more sharper as the years have gone by. In the spirit of the OP's post maybe that's the favorite knife we would all like to end up having............
Best,

Bob

Last edited:
That B&T is a beauty Charlie, my buddy has one just likebitbthat I have tried to talk him out of several times
smile.gif

Is your sheath the one that has all the writing on it? If so how do.you like it ?

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsThat B&T is a beauty Charlie, my buddy has one just likebitbthat I have tried to talk him out of several times
smile.gif

Is your sheath the one that has all the writing on it? If so how do.you like it ?

Thanks Fin,,,, yes on the sheath, it's well built but god-awfull IMO.
You must have missed it but I posted about that exact issue in my "shopping spree" thread.
Here's my answer to that monstrosity.
w1g9.jpg

And YES, it's a sweet little knife. Very high fondle factor.
Can't wait to "hopefully" put it to work on a few fish when I go camping next week.

Back