First pig!

kylekrm944

Hey folks! Apologies for the typos in the post but I'm on the iPad.

So we drove from Va to MS this weekend to do a hog hunt for our 13 year old. A buddy of mine in MS has a thermal scope on his M4 and I am testing out some FlIr thermal binos for work.

Brought along 2 sets of NVGs as well.

*******anyone considering NVGs as a option to spot stalk pigs with should re consider thermal****

I'm a cheap bastard and have crunched every number and option of how to make Cheap NVGs work. It won't! Even with a good IR illuminator, the thermal is soooooo much better. We were spotting white hit heat sources at 1000+ yards.

We drove down some areas that hog heaven and spotted them...then rolled up slowly to them. I shot a 300+ pounder after missing a tiny one at about 150 yards. (I shot, pig moved, I shot again, and again and again) the 77 grainers work awesome.

Later our 13 year old shot a nice 125 pound pig.

On Friday night we went out again, without thermal on a gun. Used the thermal binos to spot and then used the red lens spotlight. He shot this 250 boar twice with a 308. Dropped it first shot, but then it got up and ran closer to us and he shot it again at 10 yards.....less dragging!

Pics when im on my pc!

Kyle

MS is where I would LOVE to hunt deer...I think I counted 9 bucks. Not all of them in this pic. They are about 200 yards away

You can run, but you cant hide from Thermal....this buck was about 250 yards away. I zoomed in on him.

Back