Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#251319 - 03/14/05 06:55 AM 2006 Hunt?
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: New Berlin, Wisconsin
Approx. when will discussion start on the next hunt? It can't get here quick enough:)

#251320 - 03/14/05 11:31 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Redfrog Offline
Moderator/Retired PM Staff

Loc: Palliser Triangle, Alberta
Discussion???? You must hve missed it.

It was last Friday from 6:00 to 6:15 a.m.

Seriously. Tommy Johnson already has everything ready for the next P.M. Annual hunt It's gonna be at his house in Texas. Now that's what I call dedicated.

He's planning a big ol' Texas BBQ with venison steaks in a great homemade M&M sauce and gravy. [The steaks are the same size as the M&M's cause they got them liddy biddy deer down there].And biscuits and gravy. And OKRA and gravy. Now don't be goin' down there thinkin' I'm talkin' about Okra Winfrey. Tommy's a little different but he shure ain't no Dang liberal. She prolly won't be there y'all. BTW is okra some kind of meat? OMG I'm started to sound like them guys, just thinkin' 'bout thisheer hunt...eh? He'll prolly have some 'possum innards and owl eggs as well. Oh no, Wait that's the Clampetts. Sorry for teasing your taste buds like that.

A tour of a miniature deer ranch is gonna be the centerpiece of the event. Course the locals see them ranches all the time, but I ain't never seen deer so small. Oh Man!!! I can't stand it!!! I'm just about giddy.

It's gonna be a real challenge for us northern boys to find tracks in the dust instead of snow. Oh well, if we can keep some of the prostaff in camp until we get huntin', the wind shouldn't be too bad. It always seems to blow hot and heavy when they're around.

It's a little different hunting in Tejas{ Try running that through spellcheck.}It is frought with danger. Apparently they have a very large and active logging industry there, so be careful driving the back roads. A collision with a pickup loaded down with sage brush could wreck your whole day. I can't imagine building anything from sage logs, but I guess anything's possible with enough Pearl and gravy. Another thing to remember is that sometimes "Coyotes " in Tejas drive trucks with lots and lots of touristas in the back. THEY ARE NOT TARGETS and should be treated as guests. If you have an extra Drivers license, social insurance card, spare room , food or drink, voter's card, it would be a nice gesture to offer these things up so the visitors will feel welcome in the U.S. and possibly make their home there. Name tags this year will be in English and Spanish.

Anyways that's the skinny on the hunt so far, I'll post more as the event planning unfolds.

#251321 - 03/14/05 01:11 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Stillwater, OK.
Whew!!! I had thoughts of this taking place in Oklahoma. Man, am I glad they moved it to Texas. Now, our deer can rest in peace and fatten up. I have my sights set on that monster 8-point, that will hopefully weigh in over 125 lbs. That should dwarf those small Texas deer.

My mouth is watering for that deer and M&M's so bad I have had to clean out the keyboard 3 times. (I wonder if he will ever live that down?)

Seriously Tommy, all jokes aside, if you need any help, I am an e-mail away. I have to meet with the commission in April to even begin discussing some of the changes in our law here. I will keep you posted.

Redfrog, you sir are the King of Comedy!!!

I will have a jug of Oklahoma Cough syrup ready, and a jug of Tequila if you can't handle the medicine.

#251322 - 03/14/05 03:09 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Midland, Texas
Dear Kyle,

Our hunt will be held in Alberta next winter as all the coyotes have died here in Texas, and our deer....well you wont go home with your left arm nor right leg as you will have sold them both to pay for your weekend stay.

We do have a few coyotes around, problem is that they are busy running up and down I-10 and I-20 helping illegals across our most secure border.

Now since our Northern border (yea the one up by Canada) doesnt have the problems of that we face down here, we were thinking about having it in Alberta. The deer are big and if they dont meet up to the Texas standards they are fully capable of attaching however many racks to yours to make your trophy seem big.

Oh this is a coyote hunt. Coyotes are worth a little money up there as well, wont pay for your flight but you can sell a few and drink that good imported beer "Coors Light" yea I know it defeats the purpose but......

Sorry to confuse you, Redfrog suffers from the cold as most cold blooded creatures do. It affects his thinking, but give him some time it should be warming up there soon.

Seriously, I dont have a clue where we will have it. Anywhere is possible. Its up to you guys to decide that, I just see to it that it happens. If anybody has any ideas feel free to lay em out there. I cant look into every state and find facilities for all, but if you feel you have a legit area, Im game.

#251323 - 03/14/05 04:33 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
River Runner Offline
PM is my life

Loc: Bloomington, WI
I think he used every greamlin in the place on that one post, wow!

#251324 - 03/15/05 08:50 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: River Runner]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

It doesn't much matter to me where, as long as it happens. The January AZ weather was awefully nice though. I too will pitch in with the next hunt if I can be of assistance. This year was a great time.

#251325 - 03/15/05 08:55 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Parkers Prairie, MN. USA
North Dakota.......

#251326 - 03/16/05 07:05 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

Is there enough good public land there to support a hunt of this size? Generally speaking, what kinda success rates do guys in ND have? Another thing to discuss is the weather in January or do we have it another time of year when it might be a little warmer. The weather in ND can be down right brutal in winter. I live in Wisconsin, so I would be a little more used to rough condidtions, but I was spoiled in AZ:) The hunt in AZ consisted of a lot of evening conversation outside in the parking lot too cause the weather was so nice. I would hate to see the social part of the afterhunt be compromised. Also, what is the cost of out of state predator licenses in ND? $55 in AZ is a great deal.

PS: Tommy, do they even sell pack boots in Texas:)

#251327 - 03/16/05 01:44 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

They might but whoever is buying sure is out of place.

The last time I checked the permits in ND ran right around $55. No cats for the Non-res.

Im sure it would be a great spot, Buker would also be a great resource if it was held there. Maybe he can discuss the timing and weather conditions better then I.

BUKER!!!

#251328 - 03/16/05 08:52 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

$35.00 for a license.

January will bring cold and more cold.

Most likely windy too. And, don't forget the snow up to your butt.

There are more coyotes in AZ than in ND.

Sound like a plan?

#251329 - 03/16/05 09:02 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

I dont understand.

#251330 - 03/16/05 10:45 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
River Runner Offline
PM is my life

LOL!! what the heck was that

#251331 - 03/16/05 11:33 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: River Runner]
brad h Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Glendive MT
Someone find his password????

Brad

#251332 - 03/17/05 02:01 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: brad h]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Buker,

Put the pipe down, and take two steps away from it. I repeat, put the pipe down.

#251333 - 03/17/05 05:59 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

HA HA. I posted ND tongue in cheek in that first thread.

I lobbied hard enough for ND last year that there's no way I'd do that again this year. And, it was a wise choice that it was held in AZ last year. When that weekend came, it was one of the coldest and nastiest weekends of the year.

So, I wasn't smokeing anything. No one swiped my password... What I was was all true...

#251334 - 03/17/05 07:03 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

LOL....ND would be a great place for it, just probably not in January. I wouldn't be opposed to having it in the fall. That would fall right in the middle of other hunting season though. Still, ND and SD are both awesome country. Globe seems like it will always be the best place for many reasons, but what about Utah or New Mexico? Or even Colorado, Nevada or Oklahoma? Texas would be great, but Tommy told me there is not alot of land open to public.

PS: Logistically this would be tough, but wouldn't adding Wolves to the quarry list in Alaska be a blast!!!

#251335 - 03/17/05 12:59 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Gerhard Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Johannesburg,Gauteng,South Afr...
I know where you guys can go .....

Come to South Africa next year Jan.

No problem about cold weather, average temp in Jan is 34 degrees Celsius. I am sure between me and Lochi we can get you guys enough jakcal and Lynx to shoot at.

Maybe I'll see you guys in a couple of years.

Gerhard
They freedom's sun may for awhile be set,
But not for ever,God does not forget.

From Commando - Deneys Reitz

#251336 - 03/17/05 01:00 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

You know New Mexico is fairly cheap for out of state folks like ourselves. Lots and lots of BLM and state land. I dont know if it would attract more members to attend if it was held in NM.

Kansas and Colorado are brutal on their Non-Res licenses. $200 + to shoot a coyote, I dont think so. Anywho rumor has it that Nevada coyotes are free but the cats are off limits for Non-Res and I believe you can buy a fox permit for $190. $190 for a fox, I dont think so.

Still need to look into SD, never have actually. Nebraska, hey hey word has it that their are a few critters roaming that state as well. Feel free to add any insight. Ill compile some info on each state and hopefully we can run our fingers down it.

#251337 - 03/17/05 01:20 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

You know I love these little projects.

Looking at Colorado's website , it classifies bobcat and redfox as small game. Halfway down the page it ropes the coyote into the same catagory and classifies them all as furbearers.

Now they have a furbearer permit, AND they have a small game permit.

#251338 - 03/17/05 04:46 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

SD won't work. Not nearly enough public land. Not much difference in weather from ND.

#251339 - 03/17/05 06:32 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

If we are looking for a more central location, Kansas fits the bill. For some reason I was thinking coyotes were added in with furbearers. Guess thats what happens when you search 6 states. Here's some info I was able to obtain from the KDWP.

"To hunt coyotes all you need is a hunting license. The fee is $71 at a vendor location or $73 online.

A furharvester license is required to hunt, trap, or pursue (run) furbearers, or to sell their pelts. Nonresident fee is $251 and can only be purchased at the Pratt office at this time.

This fall we will have a bobcat permit for $100 that you can purchase to take one bobcat. This $100 permit replaces the $251 license, you would not need both."

I love it when we get fast prompt service. Anyone know how good the hunting is in Kansas?

#251340 - 03/17/05 09:27 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
RanUtah Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Taylorsville, Utah, and Manage...
The problem with Kansas is that it is mostly private bigtime.

Gun Control is hitting your target.

#251341 - 03/17/05 11:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Don't count me out yet with Oklahoma. I am working hard to reduce those fees for us.

#251342 - 03/17/05 11:32 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Jeffry, will you be my guide if it's in Okietown?

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#251343 - 03/18/05 11:27 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
unohoo Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: MO
Does it have to be public land? I just saw that you guys were talking about Oklahoma, that is where I grew up and travel back to almost every weekend with many places to hunt. Just kind of wondering, but how much area and proximity (hunt to hunt) does all the land have to be for one of these hunts?

#251344 - 03/19/05 01:19 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: unohoo]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Lance,

I will guide you for a day. After that, I might run out of places to hunt. Seriously, I have a ton of land to hunt here in Oklahoma, all being private. There are so many people that do hunt, if we paired people up, with in state hunters, there shouldn't be a problem of places to hunt. Additionally, there is a lot of public land.

The only downfall here is the high licence fees. $47.50 for coyotes and $98.50 (51.00 and 47.50) for Coyote, Fox, Bobcat & Raccoon. These are non-resident prices, and the license is only good for 5 days. This is about what I paid to hunt in Globe, however, that was with Mountain Lion tags for all of the days.

Whatcha think? I know Lance can get a $98 flight each way direct from Vegas. Tommy, just jump in the truck, and head NE on I-44. The rest of you can use I-40 or I-35. I will have a huge pot of stew and/or chili, baked beans, and Kegs of that great Coors Light beer. Dogboy, that stuff your buddy was drinking don't fly in this state, but ya'll are welcome too. Sean, just come north until the water tastes better. Shameless, you and your compadre, well, just head south until you thaw out. REDFROG, last but not least. I will park a tanker truck full of Tequila next to my house. I got your training wheels (salt and Lime).

If I left anyone out of the harassment, well, I will ship you a package that contains a wig in distress call, and a package of M&M's, so they deer won't starve. (Lots of inside jokes there)

#251345 - 03/19/05 01:06 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
jdog1 Offline

Loc: south eatern new mexico
New Mexico cost

temporary small game 35.00 non resident
small game 1 year 75.00 non resident
furbearer 300.00 non resident
cougar 210.00 non resident

i think and i mean i think all you need to hunt coyotes is small game i will study more

#251346 - 03/19/05 03:25 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
Redfrog Offline

JHolly, now that you have my attention Any chance of getting an IV drip hooked up to the tanker?

#251347 - 03/20/05 12:23 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Let us know how it turns out Jeff. These discussions help get us focused on where the next hunt will be. Sometime early summer we will have to get on the stick and vote on it.

#251348 - 03/20/05 07:19 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
River Runner Offline
PM is my life

And I'd like to get my flight booked ...
oh sorry.

#251349 - 03/21/05 10:06 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: River Runner]
Dogboy Offline
PM is my life

Loc: Oak Hills, Ca
LOL!!! Jeff I wasn't drinking that skunk pee my buddy had either. I was drinking Coors Light.

However Lance was sucking that stuff down like water.......

#251350 - 03/21/05 01:43 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogboy]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

You Californians and Okies must be related. You woulnt know good beer if it bit you on the butt.You've been drinking that Rocky Mountain [urin] in a can for so long it's affected your taste buds.

Edited by crapshoot (03/21/05 02:03 PM)

Ted Nugent

#251351 - 03/21/05 10:17 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
Cold Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Dallas
so when is the 2006 hunt planned for, im confused, I hope its in Texas....

#251352 - 03/21/05 10:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Cold Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Dallas
Quote:

You Californians and Okies must be related. You woulnt know good beer if it bit you on the butt.You've been drinking that Rocky Mountain [urin] in a can for so long it's affected your taste buds.

SHINER ALL THE WAY

#251353 - 03/21/05 11:29 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Cold]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

If it were to be held here in Texas we would need some guides and a good many of em. I could take two per night (yea we'd be nighthunting). Most of the state land is on the East and South sides, none on the West. Not very plausible unless we rounded up a bunch of people with some land to hunt or found a decent sized public area.

#251354 - 03/22/05 02:46 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Sean Martin Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: back in the piney woods
Jeff,

Hell, that is a good idea and will not have to worry about guiding either. As far as the price of license go, what I would save in gas, would make me break about even as going to Globe.

Sean

Ps. The water taste just fine down here IF I do say so

Edited by Sean Martin (03/22/05 02:48 AM)

#251355 - 03/24/05 11:42 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Sean Martin]
SteveM Offline
Retired PM Staff

Okie sounds like a good place if enough land is available. Have been told there are lots of yotes there.

#251356 - 04/01/05 02:43 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
skb2706 Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Denver, Colorado
CO out of state small game license is $40.25 ....it is the only license you need to shoot coyotes.

#251357 - 04/01/05 10:54 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: skb2706]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thanks for providing that info. I run into dead ends when I look at state regulations. Kinda feel like a monkey at a circus being told to jump through a plethora of hoops.

#251359 - 04/11/05 04:12 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: slim12368]
greg223 Offline
PM senior

Loc: Montana and My USA
Montana? no license-no permits-just a thought.

#251360 - 04/11/05 05:07 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: greg223]
Dogn Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Salt Lake City
South western CO tips into south eastern Utah. There should be plenty of BLM land to hunt along the I-70 corridor in both states.
The problem with Utah is you have to buy a fur bearers license for bob cats and others - coyotes and red foxes are free!

#251361 - 04/15/05 10:41 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thanks for the heads up guys. This info is what we need.

If you could give some kind of idea of how big these areas are, that would be the first step in getting everyone interested. The San Carlos is 1.8 million acres just for comparison purposes and its just right for our size. Let us know.

#251362 - 04/16/05 03:04 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
reb8600 Offline
Director/Sponsor

Loc: Morgan, Utah
Utah requires a special tag for bobcat as well as the furbearer and you have to apply for them in Nov.

Egg Shoot Champion of Champions

#251363 - 04/18/05 06:14 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
Ky-ote Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oregon
I like the sound of Nevada. No license required for coyotes and the coyote numbers and large amount of public land really makes it a great state to predator hunt in. "Coyotes only" may be a drawback but they are by far the most commonly called predator anyway. It has decent sized towns to stay at also. Reno or Winnemucca could be an extended vacation on either end also if you had extra time and like casinos. Weather could be colder than Arizona though.

Oregon has some great coyote hunting in the southeastern corner but Non-Res license would cost you $76.50 plus there aren't any decent sized towns to have members stay at. Just my $.02.

#251364 - 04/18/05 06:11 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Ky-ote]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Lets see we have;

Colorado $40.25 for coyotes
New Mexico $35.00 for coyotes
Montana = free coyotes
Utah = free coyotes and foxes
Nevada = free coyotes
Oklahoma =$47.5 for coyotes
Oregon = $76.5 for coyotes
....and of course Globe, AZ $10/day preds, $10/day lion, $5 habitat, $10/lion tag

Now this can get tricky real quick. 10,000 members all cant get pleased at once. If we start weeding out the ones that arent practical to suit 40-50 hunters for 3 days we will be closer to finding our final destination.

Any reasons to not hunt a particular listed state? And please explain.

#251365 - 04/18/05 06:53 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Just a quick fix on Utah. Not all fox are free, just reds.

Ted Nugent

#251366 - 04/19/05 10:47 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Dogn Offline
Seasoned Member

Good catch Lance, I didn't mention that because I have never seen any thing other than reds in Utah - That does not mean others don't exist though.

#251367 - 04/19/05 10:08 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
slim12368 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: phoenix
Bad news on Colorado , they require a hunter safty card if you were born after X- date Im 37 and was told that I would need one... 3 day course .

#251368 - 04/20/05 05:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: slim12368]
Dogn Offline
Seasoned Member

Slim, can the hunter safety card be from any state? I hunted in Kansas, they accepted my Utah blue card (hunter safety).

Tommy, when I get more time, I will look into Colorado/Utah public lands along I-70 and post what I find. Seems to me there is plenty of land to hunt and some way cool sites to see nearby.

Dogn

#251369 - 04/20/05 07:41 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: phx,az
Last time I checked with Colorado they said my Arizona hunters safety card would work there.Its probably a reciprocal deal between some states.daveyboy

#251370 - 04/20/05 11:04 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thanks for doing that dogn.

Ive researched many seperate state regs and whats been said here concerning the fees contradicts my findings which I knew would. So Ive aborted that mission until we get a little closer to needing that info. You guys come in handy.

#251371 - 04/21/05 12:16 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Im not pushing for Nevada, just throwing out info. Nevada is a large state (with nothing in it). Most of it is BLM land and is open to the public.Wendover is a descent place onthe Nevada , Utah Border. You could hunt both states as neither require a hunting lisence for coyotes. Bobcat and grey fox are not open to nonresidents in Nevada, Kit fox is open to non residents with a furtrappers permit($100+) and is open usually some time October through Feb. Mt. Lion is open top nonresident, but aint cheap and MAY (dont know for sure)require a hunting lisence. Night hunting is allowed, but is county by county and is pretty much only allowed in the southern part of the state. All can be found at www.NDOW.org

Ted Nugent

#251372 - 04/21/05 12:41 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
brad h Offline
Die Hard Member II

North Dakota insisted they needed a hunters safety number to go along with my 27.50 to get a ND fur tag last year. So...obviously a necessity in that state as well, but as long as the course was taken, state didn't matter. It took 20 minutes of combing the internet to find that 20 year old number I've never needed till then. I would still recommend ND, the coyote numbers are there.

Brad

#251373 - 04/22/05 05:39 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: brad h]
Ky-ote Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oregon
List of areas in Nevada that allow night hunting. This is copied and pasted directly fron the Nevada Department of Wildlife Coyote Hunting Regulations.

Nevada Counties That DO NOT Prohibit Shooting at Night or Spotlighting in the Unincorporated Areas of the County:

Churchill County
Lyon County (see section 7.02.02 - Discharge of weapons in congested area)
Humbodlt County
Douglas County (see 9.68.030 Discharge of Firearms)
Mineral County
Nye County (see section 9.16.010 Discharge Prohibited)
Esmeralda County (must be at least one mile away from an occupied residence)
Carson City County ( see chapter 8.12 Firearms and 8.12.010 Discharge of Firearms unlawful)
Storey County (see Chapter 9.16 Weapons)
Clark County (see ordinance on congested areas)
Lincoln County ( see ordinance on congested or incorporated areas)

#251374 - 04/23/05 01:41 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Ky-ote]
NV Walt Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Carson City, Nevada
Nevada has got coyotes for free, that's for sure. But they have callers calling year round with most every town large or small having at least a dozen coyote hunters in them. Aerial gunners working every large ranch and anyplace on public land you find sheep(domestic), antelope, deer or elk. Plus you have the ADC guys trapping and snaring most ranches and land around them. But there are casino's and houses of pleasure. Does get cold in the winter. Can't shoot bobcats or grey/redfox if nonresident but you can shoot kitfox if you get an expensive license. Only county north of Hwy 50 is Humbolt that you can night hunt in.You want to avoid the reservations for hunting on as they still don't seem to really care for non-indians. I think I pretty much described Nevada for you...Oh yeah, you can hunt Mtn.Lion but that's pretty expensive also if you are a non-resident...There, now I think I covered Nevada for you...NVWalt

#251375 - 04/24/05 12:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NV Walt]
RanUtah Offline
Retired PM Staff

Utah pretty much mirrors that except for the casinos.

#251376 - 04/24/05 12:33 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Dont for get, there's a house of illrepute in Wendover.

Ted Nugent

#251377 - 04/28/05 05:34 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
scattergunner Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: No. UT
Yes, but I thought you found your dates out in the desert?

I've supported the idea of going to Wendover before, and I still think it'd be a good spot. But the aerial gunnings, trapping, poinsoning, etc, are a consoderation. Plus, isn't coyote hunting like a religious institution in Elko County? Sure seems to get a lot of pressure, as does Tooele County, UT. Not that there aren't any dogs to kill, or anything. Heck, can't you pretty much say all the above about anyplace in the country? I think you can. Especially near a town with facilities enough to support such a group as the PM'ers.

I still think Globe might be the best possible spot for such an undertaking. It's hard to argue with the success of the past years. I'm not sure we ought to mess with that. 'Course, I've been conspicuously absent from previous hunts. No pregnant wives or employment issues, that I know of, expected this January for me, unlike years past. I just might make it this year.

To sum up, Globe would be my preference, or maybe Wendover... Or we did talk about the four corners area last year, what about that? Ahhh, hell! I don't know! ...How about Florida?

Edited by scattergunner (04/28/05 05:35 PM)

#251378 - 04/28/05 07:16 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: scattergunner]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

My vote is still for the state where "the wind comes sweeping down the plains, and the waving wheat smells like feet right after the rain."

OOOOOOOOklahoma!!!!!

But I am willing to go back to Globe, or anyplace where there isn't more than 6 inches of snow on the ground.

#251379 - 04/29/05 02:51 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
R Buker Offline
Retired PM Staff

If you stay out of the low spots, there might not be more than 6" of snow in North Dakota...

#251380 - 04/30/05 01:39 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
brad h Offline
Die Hard Member II

Here it's usually too cold to snow.

Brad

#251381 - 04/30/05 04:49 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: brad h]
Samuel Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: in the woods
How about Wyoming?
I think pred. are free. Not sure on public land or numbers.

#251382 - 05/01/05 12:02 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Samuel]
RanUtah Offline
Retired PM Staff

Sorry guys, there's now more coyotes in Utah, bummer huh?

#251383 - 05/01/05 12:06 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
brad h Offline
Die Hard Member II

"FURDOWN" LOL! I like it!

Brad

#251384 - 05/01/05 11:43 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Sure Randy, Put yours up first so everyone thinks I coppied you.

Ted Nugent

#251385 - 05/01/05 12:10 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
RanUtah Offline
Retired PM Staff

Timing is everything!!

Just for the record though, it's was Lance's idea!

#251386 - 05/01/05 12:36 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Mine should be here in a week or 2 hopefully.

Ted Nugent

#251387 - 05/02/05 09:33 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
CoyoteWolf 27 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Ft. Collins, CO
GLOBE, AZ.. Still A good bet..S.Wolf/Colo..Should BE There, by THEN!!! Yeah!!

#251388 - 05/14/05 10:14 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: CoyoteWolf 27]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

I'm going to do what I did last year. Ive read all the posts and took note as to which areas showed to have more interest.

Colorado III
Globe III
New Mexico I
Montana I
Utah I
Nevada I
Oklahoma II
North Dakota I
Wyoming I

Im thinking most of the interest is between Colorado and Globe this year. Am I correct?

#251389 - 05/14/05 10:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Nikonut Offline

Loc: Mt.Zion, Illinois USA
This is just my 2 cents but I believe it would be a shame to have this year's hunt(5th Anniversary)anywhere other than Globe! I've never been able to go to the hunt and this will be my year to be there! I will be there regardless to where but in the interest of celebrating this milestone my vote goes to GLOBE! That is where our thoughts should be, with Will's family, our extended family! Nikonut
"I've been a PM member for a very long time and I believe in the dream of a unified predator hunting community... I feel that was Will Craig's goal! I was beginning to see a glimmer of hope of that being possible, time will tell."

Support the NRA and help preserve our hunting heritage and our 2nd Amendment rights!
NRA Life/Endowment Member

#251390 - 05/14/05 10:29 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Nikonut]
James Lindley Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Shelbyville, Texas
If it is a vote that you want I say GLOBE..

Even though all the other places sound exciting, I feel that it shouldn't be replaced as the main hunt location as it is a tradition surrounding the origins of this site and Will Craig..

Just my opinion..... James L.

#251391 - 05/15/05 12:43 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: James Lindley]
Silverfox Offline

Loc: Williston, ND
Tommy--I read through all of these posts to find the dates but didn't see any. Did I miss them somewhere or haven't the dates been selected yet? THANKS.

#251392 - 05/15/05 09:02 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Silverfox]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

No dates yet Silverfox. Weve sort of narrowed down the options of where it will be. Next issue will be time frame.

#251393 - 05/15/05 10:07 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Jarrett Holly Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Oklahoma sounds good.

#251394 - 05/15/05 11:23 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Jarrett Holly]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

I am amazed at how young kids are starting to use the computer now days. Never knew 2 yr olds could type or spell.

Ted Nugent

#251395 - 05/15/05 12:29 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
RanUtah Offline
Retired PM Staff

Globe--It's settled!

#251396 - 05/15/05 01:36 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RanUtah]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thank goodness. Showee that was easy.

#251397 - 05/15/05 01:51 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Redfrog Offline

Before we go rushing this , mebbe I'd like a say in this.

GLOBE!!! Nuff said.

Now who the heck is this new Holly from Okie??? surely he can't be related to the other one???

Welcome to the PM board.

#251398 - 05/15/05 02:26 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Remember what happend the last time you heard the phrase.

#251399 - 05/15/05 07:26 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
S. McAlary Offline

Loc: Elk City, OK.
I 4th Oklahoma

#251400 - 05/15/05 07:34 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: S. McAlary]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Whoooo-Hoooo....common you okies....lets get this thing going.

#251401 - 05/15/05 07:35 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Yep....he is related....I am trying to get most of my family onto this board, but some of them are illiterate.

#251402 - 05/15/05 09:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

I have to agree with Globe and not just because I'm from Arizona.Being the 5th annual hunt it would be a nice touch in honor of the man who started this whole thing up.daveyboy

#251403 - 05/15/05 11:07 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
Cross J Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Oklahoma
I vote Globe. This year I'm gonna try to make it, and I'd like to hunt someplace besides Okla......Sorry J.Holly

#251404 - 05/15/05 11:14 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Cross J]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

LOL....If it is in Globe, I am headed west too.

#251405 - 05/16/05 02:22 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
Nikonut Offline

Loc: Mt.Zion, Illinois USA
I was born in Oklahoma...a very long time ago! Got to see the last of the "Prairie Schooners" make tracks for the west! Someday I'll get back home for a hunt. Pleasant Valley, Oklahoma Pop.50 more or less. Nikonut
"I've been a PM member for a very long time and I believe in the dream of a unified predator hunting community... I feel that was Will Craig's goal! I was beginning to see a glimmer of hope of that being possible, time will tell."

Support the NRA and help preserve our hunting heritage and our 2nd Amendment rights!
NRA Life/Endowment Member

#251406 - 05/16/05 07:24 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Nikonut]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

Globe

#251407 - 05/16/05 09:36 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
CoyoteWolf 27 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Ft. Collins, CO
GLOBE, AZ get's my vote..Hope to see you guy's There..!S. WOLF/ Colo, fur now..

#251408 - 05/16/05 11:13 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: CoyoteWolf 27]
reb8600 Offline
Director/Sponsor

Loc: Morgan, Utah
Globe. I intend to make it this year.

Egg Shoot Champion of Champions

#251409 - 05/16/05 04:10 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: reb8600]
Weasel-UT Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: S.W. Utah
Globe

Move it up a week so Silverfox can attend.

#251410 - 05/17/05 12:20 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Weasel-UT]
KeeKee Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: law co Ohio
Going back to Globe would be great! Globe gets my vote!

Hey Lance, you up for a few days hunting again?? Sure was fun!

Brent

Edited by keekeeyelp (05/17/05 12:22 AM)

#251411 - 05/17/05 04:14 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: KeeKee]
Sean Martin Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: back in the piney woods
My vote goes to GLOBE.

Still have issues with a certain junpier tree and a coyote that was laughing as he dropped off the side of a hill.

Sean

#251412 - 05/17/05 09:30 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: KeeKee]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Quote:

Going back to Globe would be great! Globe gets my vote!

Hey Lance, you up for a few days hunting again?? Sure was fun!

Brent

Only if you practice your shooting. I'll start practicing my howling.

Ted Nugent

#251413 - 05/17/05 11:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
One shot Paul Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Show Low, AZ
I would love to see it in Globe again this year. I am feeling kind of lucky! "One shot Paul"

#251414 - 05/19/05 01:53 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: One shot Paul]
KeeKee Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: law co Ohio
OK Deal! As long as you bring a real gun this year! No more tracking jobs!

Brent

#251415 - 05/19/05 09:41 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: KeeKee]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

OK, but you asked for it.

Ted Nugent

#251416 - 05/19/05 09:43 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: KeeKee]
Dogn Offline
Seasoned Member

Hunt #5 should definitely be in Globe. Itís a bench mark anniversary for this hunt and should be held nowhere else!!!

That is just my (vote) oppinion though...

#251417 - 05/19/05 11:07 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Wow!! You guys have made this easy on me. Ok Ive written all yall's names down and expect to see you guys there next year.

#251418 - 05/19/05 02:15 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

I plan to be there. I plan on having some fun. I plan to actually kill coyotes this next trip. I plan on attending the after banquet B.S. party.

#251419 - 05/19/05 02:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

BTW, can we check on getting the Super 8 for Globe if that will be where it will be held at? Also, might try the casino/hotel to the east of town.

Also, are those guys from Michigan coming back to harass the waitress at the mexican place? (you know who you are, and so do I...lol)

#251420 - 05/19/05 02:31 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Quote:

BTW, can we check on getting the Super 8 for Globe if that will be where it will be held at? Also, might try the casino/hotel to the east of town.

Also, are those guys from Michigan coming back to harass the waitress at the mexican place? (you know who you are, and so do I...lol)

The casino/hotel is on the reservation. I'd rather deal with local law than tribal anyday. Not to mention, no alcohol is sold on the reservation except atthe casio bar (or so I was told by a local that worked at the gas station across from the hunt office).
As far as the waitress at the mexican joint Im all for a little more harassing! You michigan guys stand clear, she's mine!

Ted Nugent

#251421 - 05/19/05 04:04 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Hotel change is definately in order. Was that the Super 8 up on the hill across the street? They offered us a better deal last year but didnt have the amount of rooms as the Comfort Inn.

I believe they only had 18 rooms or so whereas the Comfort Inn reserved a block of 30.

#251422 - 05/19/05 04:42 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
MIvarmit Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Michigan
Us Michiganders are planning to be there, who knows we may bring additional patrons to harrass the help. Sure had a great time last year. May even come earlier. Thats if Shameless has any money left after all his recent purchases.

MIvarmit

NRA Life Member

#251423 - 05/19/05 05:11 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: MIvarmit]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Forgive Lance. He always scouts out the local law enforement before making any travel plans.

I bet they wouldnt be to bad, they do want your money.

#251424 - 05/19/05 05:27 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

I was refering to the nightly parkinglot get togethers. Not sure how well that would go over.

Ted Nugent

#251425 - 05/19/05 10:46 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Redfrog Offline

Shameless bought something???? He told me he never had to buy any gear, he could just use yours and keep his money for the beer.

Sounds like I might have to get a bigger room with more seats. I would hate to deprieve anyone of my pearls of wisdom, gems of knowledge and classic jewels of wit and humor. simply because they couldn't get into the room.

A different motel is on order. I hardly got any sleep there. That woman pounding on my door and screaming was very annoying. ..... I finally had to get up and let her out

#251426 - 05/19/05 10:54 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Will Greg be tending the bar again this year? I tell ya, if you say no to him, its like he didnt hear ya. He may need to get his ears checked, not sure. He just hands you another.

Bigger room? Yes please. Maybe Lance wont turn in so early this time.

#251427 - 05/19/05 10:56 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

TURN IN EARLY?

Ted Nugent

#251428 - 05/19/05 11:12 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thats right, I was over there holding a conversation with Molson.

#251429 - 05/19/05 11:14 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

I remember, you were telling it how much them deer like M&M's.

Ted Nugent

#251430 - 05/19/05 11:30 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Albertacoyotecaller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Peace River, Alberta, Canada
What, did someone say something? When the whisky starts to flow, there is no use stopping it. Plus they wouldn't allow Redfrog and I to drink it on the plane on the way back to Canukville so it has to be drank in the south

www.pcfga.net

#251431 - 05/20/05 01:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Albertacoyotecaller]
MIvarmit Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Michigan
Well Redfrog,
I caught on real quick, He's drunk all the time and I broke! I started to charge a user fee, (Learned that from the indians while out there.) He went out and bought a new 243 and an 4X4 wrangler. Have to ask him about 4 wheelin his van while out by his self calling last winter. That will be good for a couple of drinks, Besides he shot more than me.

Hope it all works out. The air fares are still pretty good for January 2006.

MIvarmit

Edited by MIvarmit (05/20/05 01:20 PM)

NRA Life Member

#251432 - 05/21/05 08:42 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: MIvarmit]
shameless Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: central michigan
Well here's my .02 cents spend it how ever ya want. Globe has my vote, and yes this coyote hunting is getting costly.
There's the .223 I never had any use for, the .243 that was calling my name, the custom calls that are like M&Ms are to deer in Texas, then the darn 4X4 jeep which has more aftermarket parts than my Harley.
And I have dibs on the waitress, I'm sure that she has been wondering if she would ever see me again. (do personal pertection orders have an experation date?)
To be able to compete with J. Holly I had to go beat up a Jedi at the theater and steal his light saber. now if I can only arange to have a feeder mounted on the rental car.

SHAMELESS

#251433 - 05/21/05 04:26 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: shameless]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

ROFL

#251434 - 05/22/05 11:02 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: R Buker]
Luis O. Offline

Loc: El Paso, Texas
i'm game for New Mexico

#251435 - 05/25/05 02:35 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Luis O.]
Cactus Rat Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida
This sounds like so much fun and frolic!

Is it an open hunt, to anyone?

What are the rules and regulations and are they posted anywhere?

Are hunters paired up or do you hunt alone or do you bring your hunting partner?

Length of hunt?

Entry fees?

Lots more questions but plenty of time for answers

#251436 - 05/25/05 03:05 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Cactus Rat]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

This sounds like so much fun and frolic!

Is it an open hunt, to anyone? Open to all PredatorMasters Members

What are the rules and regulations and are they posted anywhere? This is not a contest hunt. Just friends getting to gether to have fun. All state rules and regulations apply.

Are hunters paired up or do you hunt alone or do you bring your hunting partner? If you want a guide we can do that. Guides are just there to show the ropes, not to put coyotes in your lap. Many who guide have never been to the area before, but have knowledgable experience that could benefit a new hunter. Or bring a friend that is a PM member or hook up with someone that is comming from another state that need a hunting partner.

Length of hunt? We hunt Fri, Sat, and half day suday if you choose. meet up every night dor dinner , BS , and cocktails and more BS in the parking lot . Come early or stay late if you want to hunt more. Banquet dinner and raffle held Sun. Afternoon.

Entry fees? Gas food, room, and lisences. There is a snall registration fee for the hunt. You will get a name a tag and some tickets for door prises in return for youer entry fee.Bring plenty of money to buy door prize tickets and for the call auctions.

Ted Nugent

#251437 - 05/25/05 03:19 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Cactus Rat Offline
Seasoned Member

Please add me to the list.

Cactus Rat

#251438 - 05/25/05 04:25 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Cactus Rat]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

There will be a sign up sheet later down the road. You will then have to print out a registration sheet and mail in your registration and entry fee. Keep an eye out in this forum to hear when the exact date and place of the hunt will be. (Usually around January sometime.) Tommy will probably have all the place and date details nailed down here in a few months.

Ted Nugent

#251439 - 05/25/05 08:51 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Cactus Rat,

Here is my take from last year.

Last Year's hunt

Man, this was one of the best times I have ever had.

Now, if I could just shoot a coyote out there.

#251440 - 05/26/05 12:38 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
Cactus Rat Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks J. I think I have read that entire post a dozen times since you first posted it. Sounds like a great time, with a great bunch of folks, huntin' in a great area, with a lot of great teachin' and learnin' going on. Hope to see and meet all of you this coming hunt!! I got the desire!!!

Cactus Rat

#251441 - 06/01/05 07:03 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Cactus Rat]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

So it likes like the Globe is way ahead. When do we start picking dates? Any word on a different hotel or maybe it's just a bit to early.

#251442 - 06/03/05 11:05 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

The weekend of Jan 6-8 looks real promising. And as far as hotels, I think that they are all going to be the same. As long as the Comfort Inn stays reasonable with their prices we may deal with them again. Other hotels historically have not been able to reserve the number of rooms as they have.

#251443 - 06/10/05 07:10 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

What ever date we choose, I'll be there again, but I'd prefer a week or two later just to get away from the holidays a little more. A lot of people probably take some time off work around XMas and New Year and it might be tough to return to work for a just a few days and then take off again for some.

#251444 - 06/20/05 11:10 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
Trophyhunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Kmeyer,
Thats the problem I had last year. Just to close to X-Mas.

#251445 - 06/21/05 12:28 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Trophyhunter]
Dogn Offline
Seasoned Member

I too would like to see the hunt bumped back a couple of weeks. The weekend of the 20th would be great

#251446 - 06/22/05 02:37 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Dogn]
Kenlguy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: central WA
Can we bring a dog for decoy or tolling work?
Any special permits needed for using dogs?

#251447 - 06/22/05 07:34 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Kenlguy]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

Tommy,thanks for all your hard work in setting up the hunt.Is the weekend of jan.6-8 set in stone or if it seems we could get a larger turnout by having it on the weekend of Jan. 20 could that be a possibility.It does seem that moving it towards New years day might lose a few more hunters.Anyway whatever you guys come up with date wise,we'll be there .take care,daveyboy P.s.I'll be checking twice to make sure there is a bullet in the chamber this hunt. Like someone had said last year if your shooting an ar make sure your 5 round clips function like they should .

#251448 - 06/26/05 02:40 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
Redfrog Offline

Shoot and release. Interesting concept. I really shouldn't razz you about it daveyboy, I can imagine how badly you felt. I hope you get a chance this again this year. I'm already getting stoked about the upcoming hunt.

I'm with you on the dates, later in Jan. is better. Get some time between the hunt and the holidays. When is it that Silverfox can/can't make it? It would be great if he could make it this year.

Anyone that is thinking about coming this year rest assured it's a lot of fun with some really odd and unusual people. Predator hunters just seem to be different from deer or duck hunters.I'm not sure exactly why, but I've only ever met one that I wouldn't hunt with again. and I wouldn't like him even if we weren't hunting. And No he ain't one of us.

#251449 - 06/26/05 06:13 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

Jim,actually everyone at the hunt was really more than kind to me about my knuckleheaded incident.I know I was harder on myself than anyone else could have been.But you know,doo doo happens sometimes .The week after the hunt my partner Junior almost died,He was in intensive care for 2 weeks,but he's a tough old buzzard and I know he'll be back to this next hunt also.
There's an awful lot of guys that I would hope will make this next hunt.Guys who I think most of the people on this board have a lot of respect for.Maybe if work is kind,some more of the moderators can make this next one.Rich Cronk,Jim Champion and all the rest,it would be great to meet the whole lot of them.
Guys if you haven't made it to one of these PM hunts,the next one is the 5 year anniversary and I'm hoping we have a huge turnout.More good guys and professional story tellers than you can shake a stick at.If you can't get a grin going at this shindig your not breathing.
And I can tell you about the lion that almost was.We even have aerobic instructors giving lessons late at night in front of the convenience store .I hope we are able to kick it back a little more toward the end of January if that allows more folks to turn out.
Jim,sorry to hear how hard it is for you to go hunting in Alberta .Your one lucky frog thats for sure.Take care my friend,daveyboy

#251450 - 07/04/05 12:30 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
RagnCajn Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Shreveport, LA
I will be going to the shot show in las vegas from the 9-12. I would really love to make it to the hunt if it is the weekend prior to or following the shot show. Otherwise I dont think I can make two trips that close together.

#251451 - 07/13/05 09:52 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: RagnCajn]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
Quote:

Can we bring a dog for decoy or tolling work?
Any special permits needed for using dogs?

I know that the lion hunters use dogs on the Rez, so it seems "reasonable" that tolling is permitted. I would call the San Carlos Wildlife Dept to make sure. (928)475-2343 or http://www.sancarlosrecreationandwildlife.com/index.html

#251452 - 07/14/05 09:13 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
Jason El Paso Offline
Former Admin / Pro-Staff Advisor

Loc: Denton,Texas
Well if all is well I will make this hunt. Need to locate my roots again.

Don't Fear The night...
Fear What Hunts at Night.

#251453 - 07/15/05 10:15 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Jason El Paso]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

I pass through El Paso Jason on my way. I lived there for a short while a few years ago so I know the general area.

If you need a ride, lemme know and I'll pick you up. Got a crew cab this time so I have plenty of room.

#251454 - 07/15/05 12:18 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
GEORGE ACKLEY Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Phila. PA
I like to get in on this hunt,

How do I find out how we can and can't hunt .
Can I use my AR any ammo regs like clip has to be modified to 5 rounds
No night hunting right
Can we drive on the property(land)
We cant take are high racks?
Thanks
George

#251455 - 07/15/05 01:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: GEORGE ACKLEY]
Michael J. McCasland Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Tucson,Az
GEORGE - I suppose it depends on where you are intending to hunt. The San Carlos Indian Reservation has reg's that generally follow Arizona state Reg's. These are available on the internet as are (or were) the San Carlos reg's. But to answer your specific questions:

- An AR can be used
- Only 5 round magazines are legal to hunt with
- No night hunting
- You need to stick to established roads, genrally there are roads all over the place, some/most are 2 tracks
- You can not hunt FROM a vehicle. That includes shooting out the windows, standing in the back or leaning on a vehicle, however theuse of ladder stands is legal.

#251456 - 07/15/05 06:06 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Michael J. McCasland]
GEORGE ACKLEY Offline
Die Hard Member II

got ya.
sounds good

Edited by GEORGE ACKLEY (07/15/05 06:07 PM)

#251457 - 07/19/05 11:57 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: GEORGE ACKLEY]
kmeyer Offline
Seasoned Member

Where do we stand on dates now? It is too early to finalize a specific weekend?

#251458 - 07/21/05 09:23 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: kmeyer]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

kmeyer,that's an excellant question.Maybe we can get that Tommy Johnson feller to get it started up.I know pretty quick here in September on thru to the end of the year there is going to be a lot of hunting going on.

Was Globe ever voted in for the 5th annual hunt.And I still think that Jan. 20 or jan 27 would be better if more hunters could go then.But Tommy you just let us know when the Hunt is and I'll get some of the Arizona guys there.take care pardner,daveyboy

#251459 - 07/21/05 09:36 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

Guys I am sorry that I appear to have fallin off of the map. The hunt will take place in Globe again this year.

I am currently juggling some dates so please bare with me.

#251460 - 07/21/05 09:59 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

Tommy,I know you probably have your plate pretty full right now.We really do appreciate all your efforts and the time you and everyone else invests in getting this all put togeather .take care bro,daveyboy P.s. just glad your still around.

#251461 - 07/21/05 10:08 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Redfrog Offline

"I am currently juggling some dates "

Yeah baby!!!! I used to do that until one of the dates found out about the other two. Ever try juggling with your juggler in a sling.

#251462 - 07/21/05 10:41 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

The only time I tried that, I had to get my date off of my other date. I was standing there like . What about me????

#251463 - 07/22/05 01:04 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Redfrog Offline

#251464 - 07/27/05 11:02 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
Todd Woodall Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Sunset, America
I would look like Redfrogs Avatar.

#251465 - 07/28/05 05:12 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Todd Woodall]
Arcticfox Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Sweden
Well you never know txpred, he's been there, maybe that's the time the picture was taken?

Anyway, any news on the PM hunt dates? In my dreams I think maybe I can make it, and I've got so much to tell you guys about how not to call red fox

#251466 - 08/05/05 06:53 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
GS Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Waco Texas
Since everyone else is picking on you....

"I am currently juggling some dates so please BARE with me".

You are the last person I want to Bare (strip) with... now ....your date....that depends on what she looks like.

I will bear (wait) for a while longer for the hunt date.

just pulling your leg Tommy.

#251467 - 08/06/05 10:22 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: GS]
GEORGE ACKLEY Offline
Die Hard Member II

So when will we know the dates.
And any one from the east going this year and how, driven or flying?
And do you go just for the 3 days? like to go early if I can.

#251468 - 08/06/05 11:40 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: GEORGE ACKLEY]
Tommy Johnson Offline
Retired PM Staff

George as of yet it still looks like the weekend of Jan 6-8. We are working on a few new things, and its taking us a little longer. Give me about another week and I should know for sure. Thanks

#251469 - 08/06/05 12:57 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Tommy Johnson]
Retired PM Staff

I have always believed that the first week of January was to close to the Christmas/New year holidays. But we do need to kick the can on this one and start moving ahead.

#251470 - 08/06/05 02:40 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Michael J. McCasland]
Grandpa Fudge Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Arkansas
don't pick on him GS!!! we will beer with him as long as we can!!! lol grandpa fudge

#251471 - 08/06/05 03:48 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Michael J. McCasland]
daveyboy Offline
Die Hard Member

By golly Michael,I feel the same way you do about it being to close to New years .But like I said before when the decision is made I'll be there.Hang in there Tommy,just a friendly family discussion .take care,daveyboy

#251472 - 08/06/05 03:53 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Grandpa Fudge]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Quote:

don't pick on him GS!!! we will beer with him as long as we can!!! lol grandpa fudge

I challenge you all to show up and see just how much BEERING we do with each other. I would bet you would have the time of your life.

Ted Nugent

#251473 - 08/11/05 11:10 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: daveyboy]
Jason El Paso Offline
Former Admin / Pro-Staff Advisor

Loc: Denton,Texas
Hey Tommy Johnson Sounds good to me! Lets see what we can set up.

Don't Fear The night...
Fear What Hunts at Night.

#251474 - 08/11/05 12:09 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Jason El Paso]
Retired PM Staff

Just to even the field, alot of us don't do any beering at all. We are way to busy getting up way before daylight and hunting hard.

#251475 - 08/11/05 08:56 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Michael J. McCasland]
Redfrog Offline

Yeah what he said.
Some of the bad boys may know what Crapshoot is talking about, but I sure don't. Heck y'all don't even have beer down there. Not real beer anyway.

Besides Beer is for my horses, whiskey's for my men. Right Albertacoyotecaller.??

Edited by Redfrog (08/11/05 08:58 PM)

#251476 - 08/11/05 09:21 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

I heard that Frog! Besides, I can have fun at night and still get up well before sun up and hit it hard all day too.

PS. You dont have to drink to hang with the fellas , you just have to be able to keep your eyes open past 9 pm.

Ted Nugent

#251477 - 08/11/05 10:33 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Redfrog Offline

He's right you know.

You also don't have to get up early to kill coyotes.
The crack of noon works for me. They're everywhere and they are DDUMBB!!!

#251478 - 08/14/05 08:31 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: Redfrog]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Quote:

and they are DDUMBB!!!

Yeah, until they survive to the ripe old age of about 7 months. Shooting juveniles in January is a tad more challenging than shooting the same juveniles the previous July. I'm with McC on the "early to rise" philosophy. Also, I don't want anybody with a hangover or clouded mind and a loaded gun out in the bush with me. Call me old fashioned, but I plan to die from old age, not stupidity.

#251479 - 08/14/05 03:51 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Thats ok NASA, I'll just stay home this year and the hunt will only be half as fun.

Ted Nugent

#251480 - 08/14/05 05:55 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Ohhh no you don't. You're not getting off that easy. It'll take a better excuse than that, lol. But to explain what I meant.... Years ago, after an all nighter out in the Mojave, I got shot in the leg by a foggy-headed rabbit hunter in the morning. "I'm sorry man. I just wasn't thinking", was all he could say. Since then, I don't drink and hunt, and don't hunt with those who do. I'll still stay up all night and drink yer arse under the table. But I won't go out hunting the next morning. That's just my own personal standard, and I don't try to push it off on anyone else. That could be one of the reasons why I hunt alone a lot.

#251481 - 11/27/05 07:49 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
tcusparky Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Wisconsin
Nasa,
I would tend to agree with you. Now that I started shooting silhouettes, there is no shooting after you had a drink. Why take any chances?
I stopped hunting with the in laws because after Sunday they do 'deer drives' and will have a beer or two between drives. It's a dangerous way to hunt to begin with (we have people shot every year here in WI during drives) why add to it.
http://www.whitcombministries.org/ http://www.answersingenesis.org/ "The Constitution...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary which they may twist and shape into any form they please." --Thomas Jefferson "Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote." --George Jean Nathan

#251482 - 06/26/06 01:34 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Quote:

Also, I don't want anybody with a hangover or clouded mind and a loaded gun out in the bush with me. Call me old fashioned, but I plan to die from old age, not stupidity.

Wasn't that bad at the last hunt was it NASA? I mean the only time I think Lance and I were confused was that sunday morning, and the only hunting we were doing is huntin for the food, and well, more food.

#251483 - 06/26/06 08:43 AM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: J. Holly]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

I've quit drinking all together NASA. Your safe now.

Ted Nugent

#251484 - 06/26/06 12:24 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Lance, I can't say that I've ever seen you (or Jeff) in an "unsafe" mode when you were packin'. Of course, the night before would be a different story, lol.

My doctor has told me I should quit drinking too. I don't drink that much to begin with, but heck there's not much left to give up as it is.

#251485 - 06/26/06 02:07 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
bearmanric Offline
PM Sponsor/Custom Call Maker

Loc: Tenino,WA
Look's like i'll make it this year. had to leave my job. going to make call's more and get back in to guiding. tired of not being to do thing's like hunt, the hunt in wyoming. especially the predatormaster hunt really want to meet you guy's want to torture crapshoot make some pink call's for him. reall want to meet the pimp daddy. he is the callmaker who got me hooked on collecting call's and making them. were is going to be. Rick

#251486 - 06/26/06 02:44 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: bearmanric]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Well, the "original" PM Hunt will most likely be in Globe, as is the tradition. If you've never been to the San Carlos Reservation, prepare to be amazed. You're gonna' love it!

#251487 - 06/26/06 03:04 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Rick, my daughters will love the pink calls, and im man enough to use them as well. Bring em on big fella! It will be good to met you.

Ted Nugent

#251488 - 06/26/06 03:15 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Ya' know, I'm half tempted to bring a boat next time and check out that lake. I'll bet there's some virgin-eared coyotes on the back side of that pond.

#251489 - 06/26/06 07:23 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: NASA]
bearmanric Offline
PM Sponsor/Custom Call Maker

Loc: Tenino,WA
I have hunted the san carlos in 87 javalina and lived in tucson in 83. seen alot of coyotes. met a guy in a suburban with a johnny stewart caller trying to film cougar's. then the hound's that was cool they hunt on horse had ten or fifteen dog's running. very cool country. is there grey fox would like to get one. should be fun. Rick

Edited by bearmanric (06/26/06 09:06 PM)

#251490 - 06/26/06 07:31 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: bearmanric]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Yup, grey fox. Just have to find them.

Ted Nugent

#251491 - 06/27/06 04:30 PM Re: 2006 Hunt? [Re: crapshoot]
Cactus Rat Offline
Seasoned Member

Hey, Bearmanric and Crapshoot,

San Carlos and Grey Fox? Heck yes! Just ask Tony Tebbe. Sometimes you would be better off hunting them with a club as they try to climb a sheer rock canyon wall to get in your lap and face! Just bring a shrill call and head for the high canyons. Donít forget to bring a cameraman and a camera as it can be fun.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.