Custom Knife Pics only

Here's a Ruana 21A5 I recently sold....pretty cool local shop on it's 3rd generation of knifemakers. This one was made by Rudy, the guy who started the legacy.

DSCN0182_zpsbeccb749.jpg

DSCN0187_zpsc636f95f.jpg

DSCN0191_zps0d4a278c.jpg

Here are my first 2 nice knives that I just got in a trade.
First is a Jerry Hendrix presentation iron wood with mass spine work.
DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0135.JPG

Second is a Dervish Custom[John Gonzalaz] with presentation iron wood. This thing has a massive spine.
DSC_0132.JPG

Last edited:
Aldo's 1095 / Top swedge
Clay quenched
Highly polished hamon
Genuine Musk ox horn scales
Black tang liners
Copper & Brass blended Mosaic PIns
Tight fitted tooled leather sheath
A beautiful ,comfortable knife that's scary sharp!!

015_zps4c5f7cbe.jpg

006_zps3ae2988f.jpg

016_zpsfc8c477a.jpg

025_zps1a6a0d57.jpg

So those handles are musk ox horn?man that is a really cool pattern in the handles.If you dont mindme asking how much did it cost ya or a value on it if you made it

Originally Posted By: coloradocatSo those handles are musk ox horn?man that is a really cool pattern in the handles.If you dont mindme asking how much did it cost ya or a value on it if you made it

I wish I had the talent to make a knife like that! Bill Akers made it for me, I paid around $500 for it, keep in mind musk ox horn is quite expensive and a nice quality stock like this will cost around $200 alone. He's usually asking around $300 for knives with handles made of more common material.

Hi,

I Inherited a Ruana Bonner Montana about 8 years ago. I'm a whitetail hunter in VA and have used this knife quite a bit but it's a bit robust for my purpose. So I googled this knife and had no idea of it's value and heritage. Shame on me for using it... I believe my father purchased it for a blackpowder ram hunt out west sometime in the late '60s to '70s (a guess at best on the timeframe). I thought I would share some pics of it here with the true knife aficionados.

I would be interested in any comments regarding it. It appears to be very much like the 20B with a few differences. Most notably to me is the thumbnail groove on each side of the blade. The sheath and markings on the blade to not have any notable marking to help define the time period it was made but I believe it was made by Rudy Ruana as it dates before he quit making knives in '83.

Eric

Last edited:
Back