Bushnell Elite 6-24 4200 AO Who uses them???

motown

I am thinking of switching out my nikon monarch 4-16 to a elite 4200 6-24 mil dot on my 700 vls 223. Just wondering what kind of experience you guys have with them. I know 24X is a little over kill for the 223 but i mainly use my VLS for groundhogs and target.

Not specifically related, but I keep a 32x on my .223 and unless there is mirage present to a great degree, I don't think it's overkill...Sure lets me settle in on what I want to hit...

You are going to be fine. I have one of the old 4200 Bushnell scopes that was nothing more than a rebadged Bausch and Lomb 4000 Elite on my .220 Swift where it has been for years. And where it will stay for that matter. 6-24X is just fine for the Swift and as far as I am concerned not too much for a .223 either. My AR-15 wears a 6.5-20X Leupold and my .223 AI wears a 6.5-20X Zeiss Conquest and I wouldn't care if both of them were 24X instead of 20. The difference between 4X and 8X is huge. The difference between 20X and 24X not so much. And like Turtle says, it's better to have a bit more magnification than you need than not enough.

Thanks guys! Anybody have any insight on clarity especially on higher magnification? Only reason i ask is because my 4-16 monarch seems clear up to about 12 power but past that the tunnel vision really starts to kick in.

Although I dont have the 6-24 on mine, its a 4-16 4200 with side focus. the glass stays clear all the way up to highest magnification. Its really clear, at least to My eyes. I would think that yours will be too. Good luck.

I have the exact scope you are interested in. Mine is on a 243 and it is quite clear. It tracks well and holds zero so not much else to say. I guess I could add that one afternoon I set it up on the bipod and looked at my heifers on the other side of the river. On 24x I could pick out the color of their ear tags. They were about 1.5 miles away.

I really like the 4200. The only thing I don't like about my 6-24 is I bought the regular crosshair which is too thick at longer range. You will do a lot better with that mil-dot.

Well i mounted it and took it out friday and i am really impressed. I only got to shoot out to 200 yards but the clarity was really good and there was no tunnel vision up to 24X. I really like the mildot as well. Thanks everyone for all your input on this scope.

I have two of the B&L 4000 6 X 24 and have used them for over 10 years on my small bore and high power silhouette rifles. As everyone else has said the optical clarity is great at all power ranges. Something not said is the repeatability of the turrets. In all these years I have never had an adjustment fail. My only complaint centers around the 1/8 minute click value which causes me to move beyond one revolution at 100 in small bore and the same at 500 in high power. As a result I have in the last year switched out my small bore rig to a Leupold FX 3 fixed 25 power with a dot reticle. On the high power rig I have gone to a 6 to 24 Sightron with a dot reticle with 1/4 clicks. The 4000 scopes still have the better glass.

Enjoy yours.

I've got the illuminated 6x24x50 elite tactical with a larue mount on my .223 and it's been great even through i've only used it on 6x for hunting. I can take the scope off when i'm hiking real far when I want and it's never lost zero. It's first focal plane aswell so the mil's read the same at any magnification. If I could do it all over again however, i'd get the HDMR which has a much better 3-21x magnification range.

Back