Ohio Wild boars

slimjim7878

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any new information about hunting wild boars in ohio. I am originally from Ohio and am going to be visiting around thanksgiving. I would like to go hunt them with my cousins during my visit but not sure where I would best spend my time. So any information would be appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Slim

Look into Vinton and meigs county,I have heard they are getting a few running around in the wild,I have not seen any myself but talk has it they are there.

Problem is in those areas of Vinton and Meigs its very highly "protected" to say the least. Ive been trying unsuccesfully to get an in for years now, but who knows, maybe Its just me.

My family lives in Coshocton county. I read on here a while back about someone that had shot a couple in a relatively short period of time and was just wondering if they were getting pretty thick or what the deal was. So does anyone have any more info on huntin ohio hogs?

Also how is the coyote population in ohio? I grew up there and dont ever remember seeing a single coyote in 20 years. Are there alot there now? Are the ohio coyotes localized in certain areas. Whats your thoughts and experiences with coyotes.

Thanks,

I heard the Woodsfield area is a good place to hunt hogs but i don't know anyone down there. I live in northern coshocton county Happy and safe hunting

As for the wild hogs,they are here but few and far between.The coyote population is alive and well.The coyotes are getting thicker by the year and spread all over the state.

Ok so for Eastern ohio what techniques for coyotes are working for you guys???

Are you doing spot & Stalk, hand calls, ecallers?

What kind of sounds are workin Rabbit in distress, howling, pup distress.

I hear stuff about this all the time, but have never actually seen one...nor have i seen pictures of any people have killed. I hunt in south west ohio, clermont county normally, but ventur out to brown and adams often. Also, i go to hocking occasionally and have several friends that do as well and still haven't heard anything. It would be cool i guess though, untill they start destroying everything.

Back