Anyone "smoking" whole hogs...

smith1559

All these little piggy's look like they would be great on the smokers. Anyone cooking them up. How about sharing some picks of some hogs in them smokers..Jason

They're just too hard to keep lit!
tt1.gif

F1

I will be cooking a ham, backstrap and shoulder on the pit tomorrow for Mother's Day. I gave the other ham and shoulder to a friend to do the same. I will try and remember to take a picture.

Hog%20Tied.jpg

Hog%20Ready%20For%20Freezer.jpg

BBQ.jpg

BBQ2.jpg

BBQ3.jpg

BBQ4.jpg

We supply all the pork at all our regional and national go-kart races and feed hundreds and hundreds a year...

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert after crossing into the United States , wandering aimlessly and starving. They are about to just lie down and wait for death, when all of a sudden Luis says.........

"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon, I theenk."

"Si, Luis, eet sure smells like bacon. "

With renewed hope they struggle up the next sand dune, & there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon.

There's raw bacon, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon ... every imaginable kind of cured pork.

"Pepe, Pepe, we ees saved. Ees a bacon tree."

"Luis, maybe ees a meerage? We ees in the desert don't forget."

"Pepe, since when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon...ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree."

And with that, Luis staggers towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, Pepe crawling close behind, when suddenly a machine gun opens up, and Luis drops like a wet sock. Mortally wounded, he warns Pepe with his dying breath,

"Pepe... go back man, you was right, ees not a bacon tree!"

"Luis, Luis mi amigo... what ees it? "

"Pepe.. ees not a bacon tree. Ees

Ees

Ees

Ees

Ees a ham bush...."
grin.gif

To heck with what's in the marinade, I can smell that all the way down here in S. Texas. What time's dinner? I'll bring the beer.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: SkyPup
Hog%20Tied.jpg

Hog%20Ready%20For%20Freezer.jpg

BBQ.jpg

BBQ2.jpg

BBQ3.jpg

BBQ4.jpg

We supply all the pork at all our regional and national go-kart races and feed hundreds and hundreds a year...

Man that is one heck of a grill... And a pile of pork! Yum.... Jason

Wild hog on the pit for mother's day. Potatoes in the foil, and the onion and cabbage 1/4s will go on later. Trying out that new marinade too. Rib Tickler rub and Kosher salt on the meat to start.

942747_4633315958217_1525195606_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerWild hog on the pit for mother's day. Potatoes in the foil, and the onion and cabbage 1/4s will go on later. Trying out that new marinade too. Rib Tickler rub and Kosher salt on the meat to start.

942747_4633315958217_1525195606_n.jpg

Looks like mom's going to be eating go tonight...

The flavor was good, but even after 5 hours on the pit it was still a little tough.

The difference in wild pork and tame pork is about like the difference in a wild turkey and a tame one.

this is killing me so close to lunch time!

I help pit roast my first whole hog last september when I went out to california.

It was the best tasting pork ive ever had, period.

my cousins uncle kept going on about the cheek meat, we all kind of laughed it off, until we ate some, stuff was incredibly tender, and had the most flavor out of all of it.
who knew.

some days I wish we had hogs up here to shoot, just so I could keep myself fat and happy standing over a grill all weekend.

Ran some of that tougher meat through the ninja food chopper and made some great shredded pork sandwiches with a little bbq sauce added for supper tonight.

Back