First night out with PS32

TV308

First of all allow me to thank you all for all of your input...made my decision a well educated one.

Went out at 930pm last eve. no moon, heavy cluods, 68 degrees and very humid...misting at times. hunting riverbottom with double to triple canopy and lots of undergrowth. Was my son on the D740, myself with the PS32, and took along a co-worker who had never hunted or fired a weapon larger than a .22.

After 15 min of walking I found a large heat signature moving almost parallell to us about 30 yds in the brush, when it came to a hole i could make out a well defined outline of a hog, was hard to judge the distance through the flir but my son got on him with the D740 and put a 165 SGK in him separating his spine at the atlas. He went down hard and for good. Turned out to be the biggest hog we've taken to date, the three of us could not lift it to move the beast. We took the head for a european mount and the 4 foot long backstraps...lol. I am going back this eve to drag the carcass out with a 4 wheeler (i hope). We would have never spotted this boar scanning with the D740. Saw soooo many more critters than I would have with NV alone, mice, raccoons, possums, deer, saw a water snake at my feet when crossing the river in about 4 inches of water, head and parts of tail were above surface...could not see it with the flir...cold blooded varmint must have been same temp as the water.

Approx 30 min later we found a group of smaller hogs rooting up a small clearing....no need for a rushed shot like the previous one so we set my buddy up for his first kill. I talked him through the shot while my son watched the action with the flir. He took a nice eating sized pig with one to the melon. With the PS 32 I could see several pigs still in range after the shot and told him to take another but he said he was shaking too bad...lol...adrenaline overload. He could not stop talking about it today...i think i hooked another one
smile.gif

It started raining so we called it a night at around 11pm. I am extremely happy with the PS 32.

Crappy cell phone pic

That is one NICE hog you nailed perfectly there!!!

The FLIR handhelds are a complete game changer for finding the game you otherwise would NOT have known is there.....great story.

Man, I'd like to run across one like that! Great job!! I use the same set up with a D-740 & LS-64. You just can't go wrong.

Nice work! Smile on your son's face priceless. I have the ls 64 and for long range work its worth the extra $$$ to me. For 500yds and under the ps32/ps24 will save some cash and do the job. It's amazing at all the critters that use to go unseen
laugh.gif

Back