2 Calling questions

If I am using mouth calls , I dont change calls alot. I might use two. I just vary the amount of air to make it sound a little different and chaange my cadence . Open reeds I just move up and down the reed to vary the pitch and sound. I have more luck with mouth calls than e-calls for some reason.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: john007If I am using mouth calls , I dont change calls alot. I might use two. I just vary the amount of air to make it sound a little different and chaange my cadence . Open reeds I just move up and down the reed to vary the pitch and sound. I have more luck with mouth calls than e-calls for some reason.

Ditto what he said.

I bring 2-3 hand calls with me and use two.. If I use and ecall I will turn it down so I can just hear it where my hide is. I will leave the ecaller on the same sound right by my decoy and use my hand calls to bring them in..

However Im calling in Maine

Originally Posted By: john007If I am using mouth calls , I dont change calls alot. I might use two. I just vary the amount of air to make it sound a little different and chaange my cadence . Open reeds I just move up and down the reed to vary the pitch and sound. I have more luck with mouth calls than e-calls for some reason. X2 But instead of hand calls.I started using Diaphragm calls and they are working great,I sometimes use my ecall in between or with them to change it up alittle..

I try to use at least 1 howl, 1prey, & one pup distress on each stand & not necessarily in that order. Me & Yote Yoda are having a ton of fun at it too.

Back