"Bad Cuts"

yotehunter57

To not hijack GCs thread totally, lets start a new thread about our stupidity, and the cuts that followed.
I'll start with a couple.
#1, Allmost cut my thumb off back in the 70s, while opening a can of Spam. It was the cans that took the key, and had the little "ribbon" around the outside of the can that you twisted off. One minute I was opening the can and in the blink of an eye, I was bleeding like a stuck hog.

#2. A large hand grinder kicked back back and ripped my forearm open. Not quite to the bone but close. I'll bet the wound gapped open 1 1/2" or more, but no blood.
Luckily no pain either, none when it happened, and none the next day.

The grinder is the largest I can remember, and the Spam can is the strangest, but there have been to many small to medium cuts to recall.

While working at a Hardwood Floorng Mill for 15 years, I saw some horrific cuts and wounds, but ever suffered more than a splinter while there

Shayne

Well one time I was on a float trip and we got back to camp and I went to hang the lantern. Well there was no place great to hang it, so I thought heck I have this old junk knife I will drive in to a tree and hang it there. Well I had had a "few" beers and my aim with the big stick I was using as a hammer was off a little bit. I ended up hitting my hand and driving it down the knife blade. it laid open three of my fingers, since I had alcohol in my system it would not stop bleeding. A buddy had to tape it up with duct tape and shop towels. Not my brightest moment but what can I say I was 22.

I once decided to adjust the deck on a push mower while it was still running. had gotten into the habit of leaving it running because it didn't want to fire back up. got lucky, took the tip totally off one and nicked the other pretty bad. I could actually see the tip of my middle finger bone and the artery, or whatever it was, that was spurting all the blood out. was literally shooting out 3 feet.

Got a little carried away dicing tomatoes once and pulled a real sharp kitchen knife through my thumb to the bone. no stitches though, I was "cool" and taped it up.

First time on ice skates and playing hockey decided I was gonna take my larger buddy out. I hit him and he went down backward and I went down forward,took the toe pick of his skate right between the eyes. that one took seven stitches and missed my eyeball by half an inch.

Drilling holes to put weight in pinewood derby car in cub scouts I drilled clean through into the palm of my hand, not sure who was dumber me or my dad for letting a 7 or 8 year old run a drill.

Back