First person charged under NY SAFE act.

Yeah, I understand that but that sux.
angry.gif

(Intentionally left blank I don't even know what to say about this except I am glad I am not in NY, CA, or CO and we can't let anymore of this crap happen)

Quote:I don't even know what to say about this except I am glad I am not in NY, CA, or CO and we can't let anymore of this crap happen)....Consider that a few years ago, you would only have seen something similar to this (But less Draconian) happen in California...Now two other states have adopted the same attitude...

The War Is Not Over and Two More Battles Have Been Lost...

Some of you may not like this much but here it goes.

As one of the latest victims of absolute do nothing gun control laws I have to agree that it's just not right. We should be able to buy and sell as we please. I also agree there's no such thing as an "assult rifle" and 15 round mags are not going to slow a shooter down or cause him to kill less people than if he had 30's. It's all a bunch of chit...

Having said that, they passed these laws and as much as we don't like them they are on the books until we can get them thrown out with lawsuits or over turned with ballot measures. So until then if you do the crime, you do the time. This guy not only broke the law once, he went and did it again. It's a matter of personal responsibility, he didn't have any and now his azz is in a bind because of it. I feel sorry for the situation.... Not for him.

Originally Posted By: FurhunterHaving said that, they passed these laws and as much as we don't like them they are on the books until we can get them thrown out with lawsuits or over turned with ballot measures. So until then if you do the crime, you do the time. This guy not only broke the law once, he went and did it again. It's a matter of personal responsibility, he didn't have any and now his azz is in a bind because of it. I feel sorry for the situation.... Not for him.

With that line of thinking, our Founding Fathers never would have created this country. It was blatant civil disobedience of the stamp act, the tea tax and many others that got the ball rolling. It was the British's attempt at gun confiscation and our Founders that stood up, stood their ground and said NO, that led to the Revolutionary War. Are we much different than that right now? We have State and Federal governments who are spending beyond their means and keep raising taxes. The State of New York has the highest taxes in the Nation! Now they are attempting a form of firearm confiscation. I do not know this young man or his motives, however, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he did this to challenge it in a court of law. Then again, it also wouldn't surprise me if he is as smart as a rock, as I have seen and served with Marines from both ends of the spectrum. I would like to think this young man is of the self-sacrificing type, but at this time, we do not know. But I do know who I do not trust.

You must remember, our Founding Fathers endured great hardship and took tremendous risk for Liberty. Many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence ended up broke, but they were willing to take the risk for their rights. What are we willing to risk? Believe me, I ponder that question every day.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: BullmastiffSomething like this had to happen in order for it to make it to the Supreme Court.

Great point.

If you don't challenge this stuff, it will only stay in place. I don't think this knuckle head was trying to make a statement, so much as make a buck.

But that is really the point here.
You have to sell to a gun dealer.. Why?? Taxes and tracking.. You have to buy from a dealer... Why?? Taxes and tracking.

If they can do this to your personal property rights and gun rights, then what's to say they can't do this to people wanting to sell a car or other things from person to person..

You know this is the case when you are hearing on the news all the time that the feds and states are trying to tax the internet.. It's all about taking more money to do the things they think are a good idea.

The first gun he sold to the LEO was illegal before the safe act, the second gun he sold the LEO, the LEO told him he was a Felon,,,,so there is 2 felony violations. He also got a misdemeanor charge because he wasnt allowed to sell a AR cause of the UNSAFE act. I felt bad for the guy all up until he sold a gun to a (presumed)felon. Sorry but thats where I draw the line. If he didnt sell a gun to a known felon then I would stand behind him. The guy is a scum bag.

I don't know if this guys case is the greatest to go to the US Supreme Court or not. What I would like to see someday is a law that holds politicians accountable for laws they create that are blatantly UN-Constitutional. If they just go ahead with a law when they know it's not legal then they should be prosecuted and held liable for costs caused from it. O included.

yeah, lets hang the guy here. he must be a loser, he owned an ar.

what is with some of you people? they pass ridiculous laws that make many of us criminals by the stroke of a pen and we are all just supposed to lay down and die?

sure there are scumbags that own guns, and some of them give us a bad name, but to crucify a guy on a forum without all of the facts is just wrong.

a few years back i tried to get a restraining order against a guy i had had a history of problems with. he was charged with felony assault against me. when i tried to get the restraining order, he tried to get one against me. he lied in his application. i was ordered by the judge PENDING the hearing to turn over all my guns AND ammo. i dont have a criminal record, the other guy does. but he is a better liar than i am. it never went anywhere and i brought my guns home a few days later, but i would bet that many of you here would have hung me out to dry!

Originally Posted By: Jamie-ZThe first gun he sold to the LEO was illegal before the safe act, the second gun he sold the LEO, the LEO told him he was a Felon,,,,so there is 2 felony violations. He also got a misdemeanor charge because he wasnt allowed to sell a AR cause of the UNSAFE act. I felt bad for the guy all up until he sold a gun to a (presumed)felon. Sorry but thats where I draw the line. If he didnt sell a gun to a known felon then I would stand behind him. The guy is a scum bag.

If it is true, he will be found guilty in a court of law, and it definitely would not be a suitable case for SCOTUS. However, you are receiving your information from one of two sources, the state/gov. agents that arrested him or the press, neither are on the list of people I trust. Both are known to embellish in their favor.

Believe 10% of what you read to be accurate. The rest will be all BS. They take the info and distort it to sell news or to scare others. I have personally witnessed different incidences and then read about them in the paper, seen it on the news, and read blogs on it on the Internet the very next day and they take a small portion of the factual information and twist it to their benefit. Media needs to embellish their stories so the sheep will watch and believe them and state employees with a family to feed, need to keep their jobs and will do what is required to do so.

Being a state employee myself, I can assure you the officer was just following what was directed to him.

to furhunter an unconstitutional law is not a law. So there for he did not break a law. Yea New Yorkistan may say he did but he did not. He needs are support not for us to support there dumb azz laws

Originally Posted By: cmil84to furhunter an unconstitutional law is not a law. So there for he did not break a law. Yea New Yorkistan may say he did but he did not. He needs are support not for us to support there dumb azz laws

Your incredible, first you say it isn't a law then at the end it's a dumb azz law. So you at least admit its a law then? I guess that would be a step in the right direction towards comprehension as to what I meant in my first post. Which... I think most of you need to go back and slowly read my post again. If he's guilty of breaking the law then he should pay for it. Some of you have admitted to that which supports what I said. If he did the crime he should do the time.

Again.. An unconstitutional law is still the law until we get it overturned in court, turned over from a ballot initiative or elect the right politicians to negate it. So it really doesn't matter what you think is unconstitutional, right wrong or otherwise. The bottom line is... until it's overturned, is the law.

I don't need a lesson in American history nor someone to tell me why our founders did what they did. I understand it, I've read the books, I know as well as the rest of you. You guys need to take a step back and understand the times we live in. We are a far more complicated, civilized if you will society than we were 200+ years ago. When the american revolution started we didnt have a standing federal government, a constitution, bill of rights or a developed court system. I understand your frustration but it's not quite yet the time to start the next revolution, when it comes you will know. For the meantime you guys need to come down off the bridge and join the current fight of proper legislative action to overturn these laws.

Speaking of that.... A comment for every member of the forum,
Are any of you members of GOA, NRA or any other pro gun group that directly puts your money to work fighting for your rights? Get off your azz and send some money to these groups to fight these laws. If some of you put some money where your Internet mouth was maybe we wouldn't be in this situation.

Originally Posted By: Furhunter

I don't need a lesson in American history nor someone to tell me why our founders did what they did. I understand it, I've read the books, I know as well as the rest of you. You guys need to take a step back and understand the times we live in. We are a far more complicated, civilized if you will society than we were 200+ years ago. When the american revolution started we didnt have a standing federal government, a constitution, bill of rights or a developed court system. I understand your frustration but it's not quite yet the time to start the next revolution, when it comes you will know. For the meantime you guys need to come down off the bridge and join the current fight of proper legislative action to overturn these laws.

Speaking of that.... A comment for every member of the forum,
Are any of you members of GOA, NRA or any other pro gun group that directly puts your money to work fighting for your rights? Get off your azz and send some money to these groups to fight these laws. If some of you put some money where your Internet mouth was maybe we wouldn't be in this situation.

And in my case, the Oregon Firearms Federation as well, which is Oregon's no compromise firearm organization. I could point out some errors in your statement, and argue about this and that, but I won't, because it's a waste of our time. We need to focus and channel our energy on our local, state and federal fights. I'm a 42 year old college student that doesn't have a whole lot of free time ( I do now because of spring break) but I do what I can. I took a couple professors to task in the last month, and along the way, educated some much younger individuals(students) at what the law actually is (Oregon Law) and opened their eyes. I know this for a fact, as many told me. I know I made one enemy, but that is fine, she knows where I stand, and I won't back down. She also knows that I am the biggest threat to her lies, and I will call her on it! This is how we win this fight, and that is at the local levels, which boils over into the state level, which then goes to the federal level. I don't know about you, but with me, they have awakened a sleeping giant that they didn't want to.

I was about to post when I reread this part of Furhunter's post

Originally Posted By: Furhunter Get off your azz and send some money to these groups to fight these laws. If some of you put some money where your Internet mouth was maybe we wouldn't be in this situation.

I think it's more than that. Yes, we need to channel any and all funds we can spare to the NRA, GOA, and local pro-gun organizations, but there are other ways as well. We need to donate our time and bodies. We need to get involved! YOU, as in enter your name here ___________ needs to get involved! Think of it this way. It is YOUR fault that this is happening! If YOU just sit around and do nothing, it is YOUR fault that YOUR rights are taken away. If 10% of all all gun owners get involved, the anti's WILL be quaking in the corner. If 20% gets involved....and just imagine if ALL gun owners got involved.

Originally Posted By: Furhunter...Speaking of that.... A comment for every member of the forum,

No. None of us are, and none of us support, directly or indirectly any of the above groups. Sounds like a good idea though, glad you brought it up, none of us simpletons would have ever come up with that idea on our own.

Presumptuous.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Back