Night hog hunting in La.

Longnkrnch

La. now allows night time hog Hunting on private land, but, someone told me that there are only certain months that it can be done. I can't seem to find information on this. Can someone tell me?

according to the 2013 regulations found at
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/publication/32954-feral-hogs/feral_hogs.pdf

you are good to go.

Quote:On private property, the landowner, or his
lessee or agent with written permission and
the landowner’s contact information in his
possession, may take outlaw quadrupeds
(coyotes, armadillos and feral hogs), nutria
or beaver during the nighttime hours from
one-half hour after official sunset on the
last day of February to one-half hour after
official sunset the last day of August of that
same year. Such taking may be with or
without the aid of artificial light, infrared
or laser sighting devices, or night vision
devices.

Yep it was after February that someone told me. Good to know. I have a trap set up now and have caught several in the last couple months.

Sounds good to me. Wonder how many states now allow night time hunting of hogs? Also are there restrictions on type fireamr or caliber allowed?
Thanks
Doug

Originally Posted By: tred1956Sounds good to me. Wonder how many states now allow night time hunting of hogs? Also are there restrictions on type fireamr or caliber allowed?
Thanks
Doug

No firearm restrictions in La. Ive shot em with 44mag, 30.06, .223 and archery equipment. My only problem is that hogs around me come and go. They are gone more than here. But that's just on my property whiz is in no way very large. If I had access to some larger tracts, I could probly find them pretty regular. As for light. I just use a stream light stinger LED. Or have so far.

Back