Fishing Violations

JVHome869

Cool new little places guys thanks. My question is how often to people get caught when individuals report people at local public ponds for taking too many fish or even taking them with illegal methods? Here in Las Vegas NV there are a couple of ponds that are stockex by NDOW and too many times I have been out and certain people are always taking too many fish and or by illegal methods.

Jay

Ps I have reported almost every time I see it happening but same people still doing it the next time I go out.

Last edited:
An officer does not have to see the violation and can pursue a violator later. Be a good witness. Discreetly photograph the fish, people, and get a vehicle license plate number. Then report that to NDOW. You only need to appear in court if the people plead not guilty.

A buddy and I used to fish a high mountain lake. It wasn't very big and it was easy fishing for trout in the 2 lb. range.
It was tough to get to so not a lot of pressure. One weekend we got in late Friday. Saturday morning it was raining, but we geared up and put the canoe in.

There were two other guys on the lake. when we went in for lunch we had two trout. We had released a couple dozen, and kept two for lunch.
when we got to shore the two guys came over for howdies and to se how we did. They laughed when we told them we had caught a couple.They said they already had a cooler full from the morning.

Yep they did. about double their limit and were going back out.

By the evening they had caught and kept two big coolers of fish.

I made a big deal about what great fishermen they were. I asked if I could get a pic, cause no one would believe me. I took the pic of the two full coolers, a bunch of fish on the ground and the two guys all in front of their GMC jimmy, with the plate dead center in the pic.

When I got home I called a buddy who was game warden in a different area. Those guys got charged and fined.

I have little tolerance for poachers.

Could it have been they was camping and had caught the limit before midnight then the next morning caught their limit again for that day? Just curious as what the possesion limit is if they are at camp? Not sure about PA fishing cause I throw most mine back also.But hunting they allow a possesion limit if at camp.

Well put Gentlemen,and good job on getting involved. I think that if we as hunters would get more involved we could put an end to a lot of the activities that hurt our sport. We can't be afraid to stand up to these people and let them know that we are not going to put up with their actions. If the word gets out that there are people out there that don't think catching over the limit of fish, or killing game out of season is cool or what ever, and are going to report it, and are willing to actually go to court and testify, then maybe it will curtail some of this nonsense. This could very easily bleed over to other aspects of life also. I know it would make the Game Wardens, as well as all Law Enforcement Officers life a lot easier.

Originally Posted By: predyotevarmintCould it have been they was camping and had caught the limit before midnight then the next morning caught their limit again for that day? Just curious as what the possesion limit is if they are at camp? Not sure about PA fishing cause I throw most mine back also.But hunting they allow a possesion limit if at camp.

Possession limit is two days catch. The caught their fish that day and were well over the limit. They also fished the next day and filled half a trash bag.

Most if not all jurisdictions have a 'report a poacher' hotline. Just get as much detail as you can and don't confront the perps. Some people may be nuttier than squirrel crap and you could find your self ina bad situation.

Back