Indy 1500 Gun Show Report!

Mr Potato Head

Glad to report there seems to be a stabilization of prices and the show crowd was definitely smaller. I did notice a number people with $1,600+ AR's on the backs of private sellers. So maybe the thrill is gone or at least reduced. Ammo seemed like it had come down. Best price on green tip .223 was about $900 per K. Around here in retail stores .223 is nonexistent at any price. The cheapest I saw on a stripped lower was $200.

GunShow3-16-13003_zpscdb16c98.jpg

Don't know much about this brass .223 but the price was better than a month ago.
GunShow3-16-13002_zpsd3187dc7.jpg

The price on this NIB Bushmaster AR .223 was $999.
GunShow3-16-13004_zpscf157272.jpg

I was glad to see a number of price tags and signs with obvious mark downs. The bright yellow sign behind the pink was $1,499. A lot of AR's under $1K.
GunShow3-16-13001_zps4cc8f360.jpg

I was predicting it would be fall before a reversal of the panic non-sense subsided. I was pleasantly surprised. One more day of show, I'm guessing prices will be dropping tomorrow.

Last edited:
That is good news. Hopefully I will be able to find a box of .22 lr to turn my new cz from unfired status to fired status. Been waiting three months now. Lol!

To be fair I haven't been looking that hard, just checking shelves when I happen to be at a retailer.

If they dont get 75 the militia will give them what they paid for them, they wont be stuck you can take that to the bank. Prices are not going to drop until bullets hit store shelves. these guys are mostly militia and feel americans dumb enough to not have ammo should pay high prices. I bet when the companies start shipping there will be boxes stacked on the shelves, as far as price we will see.
But these guys no the store shelves will be empty until they see what our corrupt government is up to, and prices will stay there. these bullets were bought last year and many had to have backers with money to purchase them.
We will have to wait it out.

Back