Some pics of my pup growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of useful information pouring out here now. Hopefully some others will broaden their horizons when looking into a decoy dog. I did get a gunshy dog from Tony that has never been trained, but heck I was as green as the dog was in the decoy business. I picked a young female dog out of one of Tony's litters that I wanted and waited patiently for 4 months after I sent 50% deposit on her for "training". Just like Aglynn, I called several times to get a progress report on her and he was always too busy, she was in heat or whatever. October came and "I called" Tony and he said he needed a little extra time with her and told me probably aome time in november she'd be ready. Well, November came, "I called" Tony and he said the same thing again. I finally got to leave Alabama in December headed to NM, and that the whole other part of the story that SHampton posted on. I did have a good trip to NM seeing some new country, even though Tony was late for our hunt too (about 1 1/2 hr) he did show me some new techniques on coyote hunting that I thought were useful. Tony is a good guy to go hunt with and possibly kill some coyotes, but like I started with, I'm hoping others that are looking into the decoy dogs, look around some and get some feedback before you act on anything.

First off, Steve, I am so sorry that your thread about your dog has gotten totally trashed. My apology for others derailing.

I am out of the decoy dog business. If that's what y'all wanted, then it worked. I no longer breed or train dogs. It got way out of hand, I didn't have the facilities for it, the requests outweighed my available time, etc... I'm done with it, yet y'all feel it's necessary to continue to hammer me on it. I apologize for any past mistakes.

Scott, I never stated Bullet as a finished cow dog. I stated him as a started cow dog that took more interest in chasing and catching coyotes with his mother. I'm sure the original post is still on here. Your 5 days here, last summer, was training time for your dogs and get some decoy filming. 3 dogs on stand were plenty, no need for me to pull another dog into the mix. I never sold Bullet as a finished decoy dog, especially the other day. I gave him to the gentleman, months ago, as a replacement for the dog he bought as a puppy and had me train. That entire litter never turned out and all were half crazy. I have no idea what you are talking about my daughter's friend finding a dog in the oilfield that had catahoula in it and breeding it. That's the 2nd time I've heard it here and it's totally new to me. I can count on one hand the dogs that I've let Gunner breed. As far as carrying my scents on stand, I admitted that I'm lazy and carry little as possible to stand, including a butt seat.

Travis, personal dealing have no place on the internet! And you should have stopped right there! The rest of this paragraph was deleted by Mike Granger

John/April, I am sorry that Nutz chewed on a coyote carcass. I really am. I apologize for sleeping in that morning. I warned that I was just coming off of a 4 straight day/night hunt, when y'all chose that time to come down. I was physically drained.

Devin, PM doesn't continue to support me. They asked me to get out the the decoy dog business and I graciously agreed and did. I no longer breed dogs in this parvo invested state of NM.

As far as coyote carcasses, there are always a bunch of them around here during hunting season. My pups choose to chew on them any chance they can get.

Again, I apologize for any past dealings on dogs. I am out of the dog business with no plans to get back in it...ever. I have my personal dogs and enjoy hunting with them and watch them grow.

Sorry for adding to the derailment of your thread Steve.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no opinion on Tony as a dogman, trainer or guide... as I have never even spoken to the guy. That being said, anyone who ties dogs to tree's and lets them try to survive on coyote carcass' should have all of their animals confiscated and I would love to have 5 minutes in the cage with them. I like dogs more than I like people, so when I hear about any kind of abuse or neglect, it really lights a fire under me.

That's the misconception of the keyboard. My dogs eat Diamond High Energy dog food, purchased from Gebo's. They chew on bones and meat of all types. All have dog houses and none neglected.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeThat's the misconception of the keyboard. My dogs eat Diamond High Energy dog food, purchased from Gebo's. They chew on bones and meat of all types. All have dog houses and none neglected.

Plenty of us have seen differently.

Excuses that's all I keep hearing. Sleeping in??? Which time, you did it both times we traveled 10 there & 10 hours home. When we picked up our dog you said that was your only date open. Quit making excuses & own up to the things & people you have done wrong. You act like Nuts only chewed on 1 coyote the whole time he was there! We have all seen your "place" to keep your dogs (not good)! Funny that you didn't address the part where I called you out for not ever spending the time/trainning on our dog that you was paid for, since we mailed you a check monthly to help out with feed, wormer...etc!

Why did you say in another post you dont let you dogs eat coyote meat? I would never leave coyote carcuss or any other carcuss laying around my place where dogs can chew on them at anytime. Tony i dont know u from anywhere other than the internet but i hope you are not like what ur accusers are saying ur like.

Again, that was in the past, when things were out of hand, especially my facilities. I tried to keep up with demand and just didn't have the room. The only dog that was chained to a tree, Mattie the pit bull, is now in a family home north of town, getting fat and defending chickens and ducks from coyotes and fox.

Again, I apologize for the past. I can't change it.

Tony

Good God...answer one question and get hit with 5 more.

Spent plenty of time with your dog April. Sorry I didn't take pics, video, phone calls, etc... It got out of hand I couldn't keep up with all the communication. If you want the truth on sleeping in, it was a case of trying to run a business by day and managing my failing marriage at night. I drove myself nuts trying to do both roles and the marriage finally dissolved. I'm not a big fan for addressing that issue. Thanks.

I don't ever remember saying I didn't let my dogs chew on coyote carcasses. The pups love it, a few older dogs do, and most don't. The demanding dog training got out of hand and I am glad to be out of it. I personally have working dogs and I'm not sure all agree what a working dog is.

This single dad has to spend some time with his kids, so this computer is getting shutdown for the night.

Tony

As we have all read here, this thread derailed 3 pages ago. All I ask is for people to be civil and factual. Obviously several of our members have a lot they want to discuss when it comes to Tony and his past dog practices. Contrary to popular belief, no one at PM is backing or protecting Tony. He can do that on his own.

It's obvious Tony has made mistakes in his business and it also appears to me Tony recognizes this and has apologized more than once that I know of. Where I come from, once a man makes a sincere apology to those he has wronged, all is forgiven and we move on. I don't expect everyone to be like me but I also don't expect to have Tony burned at the stake every time he makes a post. This is one of the problems of some of our members in the past and why these posts would quickly derail. They can't and would not leave the past in the past and would continue to beat the dead horse!

I believe in the truth. If we have a problem, speak the truth but be factual and civil. I do not like seeing someone trashed on the open forums but there has been so much "discussion" on the open board and through personal messages concerning Tony's business that I think there is value in the shared suffering.

Last edited:

You know as well as I do you did not do the trainning you said you would do on our dog. You never took him out by himself to know if he would decoy a coyote. We could tell this when we got him home & well again, & he would see coyotes & not go to them no matter how much we "sicked" him. Yet you took our money every month when we called you & asked you how much we owed for that months "training"!

Edited to remove personal attacks.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeThat's the misconception of the keyboard. My dogs eat Diamond High Energy dog food, purchased from Gebo's. They chew on bones and meat of all types. All have dog houses and none neglected.

A misconception of the keyboard ? HUH ? With this many long term members saying these things I think that I'll take their words as truth over the guy who treats his dogs poorly.

I posted because I was fed up with Tony's post and seeing people get taken. The feeding coyote meat is something I would never do but that's neither here nor there. The knowingly selling sick and gun shy dogs.... well, it's my opinion that an apology doesn't make that better or right. Charging people for dog training they are not getting is inexcusable too. I also will never agree with taking advantage of naive people and selling them something you do not personally use or believe in. What pushed me over the edge was a respectable man with the best decoy dog I've ever seen made a comment about the bloody dog pics and the pics with a dogs mouth around a coyotes neck. Tony's smart alec response and him removing the pics and replacing them with cartoon pics was typical. It's amazing how many phone calls and facebook messages I've received thanking me for bringing things to light. Mike, I agree about sincere apologies but I feel the apologies I have heard are like a criminal apologizing to a judge. He's not sorry for what he's done, he's sorry he's been exposed. This is my last post on this thread, as I have spoken my peace.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonI posted because I was fed up with Tony's post and seeing people get taken. The feeding coyote meat is something I would never do but that's neither here nor there. The knowingly selling sick and gun shy dogs.... well, it's my opinion that an apology doesn't make that better or right. Charging people for dog training they are not getting is inexcusable too. I also will never agree with taking advantage of naive people and selling them something you do not personally use or believe in. What pushed me over the edge was a respectable man with the best decoy dog I've ever seen made a comment about the bloody dog pics and the pics with a dogs mouth around a coyotes neck. Tony's smart alec response and him removing the pics and replacing them with cartoon pics was typical. It's amazing how many phone calls and facebook messages I've received thanking me for bringing things to light. Mike, I agree about sincere apologies but I feel the apologies I have heard are like a criminal apologizing to a judge. He's not sorry for what he's done, he's sorry he's been exposed. This is my last post on this thread, as I have spoken my peace. Amen Brother and thank you also. My last post too

WOW who would ever thought that some pics of my 2 dogs would of ever started this. I have some stuff that needs said here.

First the racial comments leave that at home. We have enough problems and disliked by enough types of people.

Second a divorce is a hard thing to go through did one myself hit the bottle real hard. But always made it to work and never made it my reason to act like a a$$. To all people that say oh plenty have had one is a load of CRAP if you have never had one then you have NO idea what goes through your head. I was in a BAD place when I went through mine. BUT I NEVER USED IT AS A CRUTCH.
Not defending Tony.

Tony if this stuff is true man you better come clean and try to make it right. This is the stuff that can end a man and put them in jail or in the ground.

[beeep] has no fury like a womans scorn.

To everyone,

As you can see, I've gone through and edited some posts and had to delete a few posts entirely. I prefer not to edit so heavily but PM will not allow personal attacks against someone. If you have a problem with an individual, state the facts, leave opinion and emotion out of it. I'm pretty sure most of us are intelligent enough to come to our own conclusions.

Two posts contained blatant racist remarks. They were deleted entirely. Predator Masters does not condone such activity.

I'm going to lock this thread so the discussions are available to anyone who cares to read it. Let's move on from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back