temp sensitivity IMR vs Hodgdon Extreme??

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesCatShooter,

So about how much speed do you loose with a one degree temperature drop? I always guessed around one foot per second for each degree, but some powders have been more than this, like a 30 degree drop in temperature, would loose me over 100 fps.

There's no fixed amount. I varies, depending on the powder and nitroglycerin content.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanMakes me wonder how in the world we were so successful in the mid to late 70's with all those custom rifles from the costal areas of S. Ca. in the Summer to the high dessert of NV in the winter...

We just killed everything we pointed at...jeez...I just want to puke everytime I read anything about "temp sensitive", learn how to reload for crying out loud! Cold loads vs hot weather loads..you better get your head wrapped around this fact!

Next marketing we are going to read is NON temp sensitive primers or even better, "temp sensitive brand of cases". What is the dumb [beeep] public going to buy into next...perhaps powder that helps copper fouling...well...that has been around for a long time...military uses it!

Isnt the new 223CFE supposed ot help with the copper fouling??

Back