New kit

Raymond Blaker

So, that's most of my reloading kit ordered now.
Electronic scales, three die set, lube pad and lube, primer pocket cleaner, lathe and spigot for case trimming.
The rest I'll order once that lot has arrived :)

Ordered the new LEE Breech Lock press, a Redding T7, a LYMAN electronic scale, a Lee bean scale, a Lee primer cleaner, a Lee lathe and spigot in the required calibre, a set of 3 dies, and a Lee lubing pad with lube.
Next will be a powder drop mill and stand :) amongst other bits lol

Last edited:
I bought a REDDING T7, a LEE Breechlock Classic Cast new model, a LEE beam scale, a LYMAN electronic scale, a LEE primer pocket cleaner, a LEE case lathe and spigot for the 22-250, a LEE lubing die and lube, a LEE 3 die set in 22-250, and a REDDING Powder thrower.

Think that's enough to start with LOL.

I used to do all my reloading of all calibres, and not only cast bullets, but swaged JSWC bullets too

Originally Posted By: arky65Did not know you could even own a weapon in Ireland much less powder and primer. Anyway happy reloading.

Southern Ireland and the mainland UK has far more stringent laws than we do in the North of Ireland, and yet we have less gun crime (not counting terrorist incidents which are with illegally held weapons anyway).

That gives the lie to OBAMA's gun control and more safety LOL

Welcome to these forums Raymond, It is nice to hear from someone in another country who has a perspective on guns in there country.

Congrats!
Make sure the hex bolt on top of your T-7 stays tight. One thing I wish I would have done from the start with the T-7 was number all of the die locations. Then I could have set my dies, adjusted them, tightened the lock rings and numbered thier location. That way, if you do many different calibers you can set them all back in place and not have to re-adjust them. I went so far as to buy common Sinclair lock rings and the lock ring pliers for that specific lock ring. You could also just buy new turret heads but I'm too cheap.

How's the powder and primer supply on the isles? Maybe I could talk you into shipping some my way. Just put on the customs form "Machine parts accessories."

Originally Posted By: BroncoGlennHow's the powder and primer supply on the isles? Maybe I could talk you into shipping some my way. Just put on the customs form "Machine parts accessories."
Here its a bit tight (we need another licence again to reload, as we have to be "allowed" to store primers and powder :-(

Not sure what the situation is on the mainland though.
On the continent it was easy, could have anything upto 5kg of nitro powder, 1 kg of black powder, and 2000 extra primers on a standard firearms licence, and 1,000 rounds for each calibre.
I even "purchased" a special licence (yep, its all money) that allowed be to have 20,000 primers and 50kg on nitro powder, plus 5kg of black powder ( black is far more dangerous than nitro )

Back