I can't...

GC

I can't... find any TAC gunpowder anywhere! I prefer to buy locally so I don't have to pay Hazmat fees but no local stores have it in stock anymore since the big crunch has hit. After waiting and waiting trying to find it locally I've now searched the 'Net for it and nobody seems to have it in stock. Very frustrating...
thumbdown.gif

I know this isn't gonna help you, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Everything having to do with Reloading has dried up and now it's spread to even finsihed across the counter ammunitions as well. And it's nationwide to boot which tells me there is something going on here and it ain't the manufacturers or the vendors. And nobody can tell me that theres been a huge jump in reloaders that would cause this issue. I hope you are able to score some and I'll even check locally for ya. But if I might suggest, take a look and see what alternative you have in terms of a replacement powder witha near burn rate that you might already have and aren't using. But components aren't the only thing that are taking time to get back into stock. Ordered me a replacement barrel for my Savage Benchrest 6mmbr yesterday from Kreiger. The expected delivery date is 1/14. So whose screwed the pooch this time?

Don't expect this to get any better for 6 months minimum, if at all. At this point, there should be no doubts that the government is behind all this. I'm not sure what's afoot here, but it ain't nothin good, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: jarheadhunterGuy is selling 8 # locally for the great price of $280.

That's a 'great price'? I hope there is satire in that quote.

I managed to buy 8lbs of Benchmark at Dunns sporting goods (Pevely Mo) $157.00, might want to try there...they seemed to have a fair amount of powder, no Varget though!

Mark

Originally Posted By: Mark_in_MOI managed to buy 8lbs of Benchmark at Dunns sporting goods (Pevely Mo) $157.00, might want to try there...they seemed to have a fair amount of powder, no Varget though!

Mark

Mark,

I bought their last 8lb jug of Varget, the other day. Glad I beat you there.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark_in_MOI managed to buy 8lbs of Benchmark at Dunns sporting goods (Pevely Mo) $157.00, might want to try there...they seemed to have a fair amount of powder, no Varget though!

Mark

I drive up there often and know the guys quite well... haven't seen any TAC there in a long time.

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI would suggest trying some A2460 or H335.

Not looking for alternatives. TAC works well in the .223, .308, and even the .30-30 and I have really good loads worked up for those cartridges with TAC. I just want some TAC... (insert whine and appropriate sobbing here).
smile.gif

I have received two orders from midsouthshooterssupply for varget (8lb) in the past two months with a b/o wait time of about a month for ea order.

GC I feel your pain....I only have a little over 1/2 of a 1lb can but if I could figure a way to get it to ya I would. What part of the state do you live. I have folks that I see every month that are from the St Louis area I could get them to bring it to you.

Ya'll are some stand up guys, I appreciate you all and the offers for help. A small local shop I called said he had some coming in on Thursday. I offered to pay for it now but he just took my name and said he would call when it arrived because orders weren't always filled completely. We'll see how it pans out, fingers crossed.

GC,,If you don't find any by about May 5, I have 4-5 pounds at home and while I've consolidated the 5# into three containers for shelf space, I'll sell you some for what I have in it..I'm in FL until May 1 though..

Have you checked Grafs in St Charles...If they don't have any, there is a small supply shop in Truesdale (just south & west of Warrenton) that's owned and run by an old WW2 vet that might have some...When I'm looking for items that are in short supply, he's one place I always hit and sometimes get lucky...

Turtle that is a kind offer and one that I may take you up on if I can't lay my hands on some before then. I'll check your sources also and see if they might have some TAC.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: lemelmIt says in stock,
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RU4070

I just clicked on it and it says "Currently out of stock...". Damm shipping and Hazmat fee is over $49.00... robbery. I did manage to snag a couple pounds today and that will help some. Enough I won't be tempted to pay nearly $50.00 to ship eight pounds of powder.

$50 for hazmat fee? That is criminally insane!!

It's during times like this that I decide who my dealers will be in better times!

Back