Pretty little Winny............Part 2....................................

2muchgun

MOP splitback Wharncliff whittler. Can't seem to capture a descent pic of the pearl, but it is REALLY poppin' on both sides. Almost like it's on fire. Pics don't do it justice. Great little knife. High quality........

0F95A305-7490-4F58-9C0D-B2861FE8A4F7-744-000001B6A0015167_zpsfb8f40a6.jpg

F5B432F1-E92A-4F10-BBE3-3A13B4E27B91-744-000001B70F58F274_zps2e5545ed.jpg

Bluegrass Cutlery of Ohio. However, for years the big mystery has always been "how many were contracted out to Queen Cutlery". Bluegrass has never admitted to contracting any knives out to Queen, but the rumor has always been that Queen made a bunch of them. I would not be surprised if the rumor was correct. I have a bunch more of the Winchesters, and they seem very similar to Queen knives, right down to the steel.......

I wondered if that was a Queen knife. I got on a Moore Maker binge years back and they were the exact same way, Bluegrass & Queen actually made the knives. The thing was Moore Maker had some pretty interesting patterns that weren’t available elsewhere and Queen did a good job in the manufacturing so it was an ok situation.

I don't think Moore Maker mfgs anything. They are just a brand name. All of their stuff is made by either Queen or Bear......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI don't think Moore Maker mfgs anything. They are just a brand name. All of their stuff is made by either Queen or Bear......

True that.
Rumor has it that the best MM's are Queen made and that's my opinion too based on this small trapper that was gifted to me. It's cosmetically fine and I especially like the way they antiqued the yellow bone scales, but the back spring's a joke. Not bad if all ya use it for is cleaning your finger nails though.
frown.gif

S7301088.jpg

One time I ordered a Moore Maker directly from them and when it arrived I wasn't really happy with the "walk & talk" of the knife. I called them and spoke with someone and he said "Tell ya what I'm gonna do... I am gonna hand pick three of those knives and send them all to you for you to look over. Pick the one you like best and when you get a chance just send them all back home and I'll pay all return shipping cost." He was good to his word too.

Yea,,, I have no doubt they'd make it right GC.
I just never took the time to mess with it since it was a gift.
I did do a little reading about MM at that time though and the general concenses was that the ones with a "B" on the tang tend to be inferior to the Queen made knives.
Course that's interweb gossip, but it was true in my case.

No biggy though.
I still get it out and clean my finger nails with it now and then.
smile.gif

Added another pearl jam Winny. Pics don't do this one justice. It is pretty sweet for a factory knife, IMO. Highly buffed and nice and smooth...

MOPWinny1_zps9106d6d6.jpg

MOPWinny2_zpsda05d43e.jpg

MOPWinny3_zps8a2bf935.jpg

MOPWinny7_zps70aac2fe.jpg

MOPWinny6_zpsadab1d17.jpg

MOPWinny5_zpsde212f55.jpg

Back