Olympic Arms press release , [beeep] Straight !!!!!!!

Ok here's a thought that deaddogwalkin made me think of by sayin if he can't have it then the popo shouldn't either. Why is it that LE can have an AR with 11.5" or 14.5" barrels but we as civilians can't have anything under 16" unless it has a welded suppressor on it to make up the difference?

The only problem is with NYPD having 75,000 cops, and homeland security sprinkling money for every big city to arm themselves like the military, the gun manufacturers see big bucks. Although we saw 1 guy hold southern CA cops at bay for a week. The brass wouldn't leave their houses. That's what will happen if Feinstein and her posse come for a gun grab. He made those cops look ridiculous, the way they were just lighting up trucks that weren't even the same color. And we are to trust these clowns to protect us and turn in our guns. Yeah right.

Originally Posted By: mejeremybOk here's a thought that deaddogwalkin made me think of by sayin if he can't have it then the popo shouldn't either. Why is it that LE can have an AR with 11.5" or 14.5" barrels but we as civilians can't have anything under 16" unless it has a welded suppressor on it to make up the difference?

I totally agree, and I was in law enforcement for 25 years. The more honest people with firearms the better to stand against tyrants. The length of the barrel, flash hiders, high capacity mags mean nothing. They're firearms, and our constitution gives us the right to have them.

Originally Posted By: Shurshotaren't the LE guys in NY supporting the ban? I am sure the brass have come out in favor of. the rank and file is likely divided to what extent it hard to know.

I think it's time for people to speak up about this and take a stand. sure thing is if we don't, our rights will be swept away one at a time. maybe if the LE community came out against the ban things will be a whole lot different... they need to stand up for what is right just like the next guy.

I respect LE more than the next guy but why should they be able to buy for personal use while an ordinary citizen can't?

Law enforcement doesn't support the ban. Only a select few in law enforcement do, and they don't speak for everyone. Some Republicans support the ban too, but that doesn't mean all Republicans support it.

maybe thousands of LE and citizens should rally together and demand action. boycott in person. picket signs and all.

if more people and companies took the same stand that Oly Arms is taking, then maybe they would get the point and something could be done.

God Bless Oly Arms for having the guts to do it. i too will be purchasing something from Oly.

What was it Homeland Security ordered?? Something like 7000 "PDW"..Wouldnt Neopolitan`s head spin round if the manufacturer told them.."sorry..we dont do business with you". And the other poster was right..We need to increase the pressure..peaceful demonstrations, and "educational" displays. (material not guns)

Add magpul to the list of standing up against these laws they have threatened to leave Colorado if their mag ban goes into place.

It no secret that I'm no Olympic Arms fan, but I can go along with hanging the state government out, but "first responders".....really, thanks for not back us that have back you with carring and buying your guns. I'll pass on the thanks for now.

I've been a cop and volunteer fire fighter/ EMT for over 15 years. We are the biggest gun supporters out there for the most part. I don't think if going 300 miles east will change my or my brothers and sister's opinion on the topic. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

That's great ! Sheriff Departments, including ours are coming out of the woodwork opposing these laws, and saying they won't enforce them.

Originally Posted By: Centurion
That's great ! Sheriff Departments, including ours are coming out of the woodwork opposing these laws, and saying they won't enforce them.

that's awesome. if this kind of support from citizens/gun manufacturers/and LE continues to grow, this can be beat.

It seems companies like Oly are drawing a line in the sand for "all citizens" including LEOs and saying which side are you going to come down on?

That is a question that every citizen and LEO is going to have to answer. By refusing to sell to LEOs, Oly is helping to define that line in the sand and encourage the LEOs to pressure those above them. Sometimes it feels different when the shoe gets on the other foot.

Back