my mistake

the impactzone

trackingcoyote009_zps5baf7d9b.jpg

450 yards later on two legs one front one rear

trackingcoyote007_zpscf512697.jpg

story over in lions,bears, and hounds

had to go back this morning to find it, it crossed a fence last night and I didn't have permission to enter till today, I don't like blowing their legs off, but Im glad to have a dog to do the recovery and finish it off, felt kind of bad then remembered my pet pig that was gutted alive by coyotes and didn't feel so bad

I try to aim for the spine, that way if I am high it's a miss, but if low, hits center shoulder. Running I only go for head shots. Which are hit/miss or if I fail to keep rifle moving I end up with neck or shoulder shot. Haven't had any escape yet, except for one which was a total miss, gave him a dirt bath. Using shooting stix rifle slipped off handguards onto barrel nut which I shot under yote. Big ball of dirt in the air, by the time it cleared Houdini vanished.

What I did was check my zero found it 2" high at 100 made a correction then didn't check it, then when had this coyote in the sights I thougth hold low and forgot I had made the correction, and it shot low DUH

Originally Posted By: the impactzoneday as well as night, some times I have to heat up a steel target to get a good contrast, can of spray paint and a bic lighter adn I"m good to go

now if those yotes would just hold still long enough for me to paint them and not freak out when I am about to flick the bic on their tail... LOL

just kidding... but I couldn't pass it up!
lol.gif

I talked with deidera tonight and told her it was funny I felt bad for it spending the night on two legs but not when it as yipping and calling in more coyotes?

thats hunting predators i guess

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Does thermal work during the day time, or is it a night device only?

Thermal works very well during the day too.

Back