All most got away gald I have the thermal now!!!

Non couch killer

Went out last night weather was good at first. But the first stand nothing came in but seen a bunch of field mice with the thermal. Then it started to snow, but it stopped buy the end of the stand. So moved down the hill to a field I always call. Started out with fawn distress and bout 17 mins in seen 3 heat spotts in the woods thought they might have been deer but they must have been coyotes. So bout 10 mins later it started raining and had to change setting on thermal to pick the hot spots up. Nothing was seen, so thought I'd try something diff. so I tried coyote locator and the 3 sounded off a few times so tried female long howl and they shut up. So waited and went to pup distress for 2 runs and shut it down. While scanning with the thermal decided to make sure I could see with the night vision and as scanning I seen a yote bout 80 yds out so put it back on the scope and couldn't find it cause of the fog and rain. Got back the thermal and relocated it back on the nv and couldn't find it. Back to the thermal and found it on the other corner of the field going back into the woods bout 200 yds away. This time found it in the scope and didn't want to be aggressive and bark, so I did a lip squeak and he stopped and turned an sent 1 home. I never used a locator before in the middle of a set and it payed off. 35 lbs male 2 yote in 3 days

Yes, great job, and like Shurshot said, thermal is a complete game changer allowing you to see them without them seeing you!

Thanks I never would go to the place unless I had a 1/4 moon or bigger. I would of had to leave when it started raining due to not being able to see anything with the nv. Here's a pic of my setup and a pic of the yote before this 1. Its a pvs 14 with a torch ir, and the high tech redneck jackrabbit scope attachment. Millett 4-16x56mm scope.

thermal is a real game changer, even if you have NV, it lets you locate before you can id , I went to NV after hunting with thermal an a light and was seeing game in the thermal I couldn't with the light, then made the jump to Gen3 to ID and the shot

Nice toys you have there! This game just gets more expensive but then again you can't put a price on fun !!!!!

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickNice toys you have there! This game just gets more expensive but then again you can't put a price on fun !!!!!

+1
grin.gif

Back