recomend which fox pro for night hunting

NDAR15MAN

1st i want to thank every for there help the last couple of months on advice on what type of night vision to buy. i went with a D760 gen 3 rifle scope. love it. my fox pro took a crap on me and i need to buy a new one ( my old one was the 1st model they ever made i think , it had 12 sounds on it) . ha ha. ANYWAY QUESTION.......Which fox pro would you recomend for night hunters ? i need one that is easy to use and work in the dark and one that i can tell what sounds i want to play while in the dark. must be user friendly in the dark. i am learning at night that i have to keep it simple. i also would like a model that has a decoy that is attached to the player unit and has a remote that will work at a long distance. needs to hold up in cold WI WEATHER. thanks. marty

Last edited:
Just depends on the money you want to spend. They are all great units. Personally I have never used the shockwave and it seems to be a great call, but IMO I dont want to be staring at the remote the whole time messing with all the features it has. Hunting in Indiana we are limited on our visibility. We may be only able to look out 50yds in front of us from time to time and they can be right on top of you before you know it. So the options the shockwave has I have no need for. I have Krakatoa, which has Foxbang and Foxcast which I absolutely love. That is enough for me. But there again, its all about money!

bleas.. your krakatoa caller weighs about 10 pounds any issues with that weight ? what do u carry it in. i like that it has a lounds ound, i could use it for snow goose hunting in ND. Marty

Last edited:
I had a scorpion and at the tender young age of 52 I couldn't read the screen on the remote without reading glasses at night. I just upgraded to a shockwave and man that remote is beautiful. I have no problem seeing what is on the screen at night without glasses. If you can afford the Shockwave I would highly recommend it to you. The only negative is they have not come up with a decoy yet for it. They do have one in the works as the shockwave is already set up for the screws to attach a remote.

I really cant even tell the thing weighs 10lbs. Its got a nice handle on it to carry it with. It would be great for snow geese. Thing is super loud

Back