shotgun setup for night?

the impactzone

Thinking about rigging my 870 24” with choke tubes and extended mag for some of the CQB (close quarter battle) stands that I can make, got a 18” bbl but its CB and I’m not wanting to spend a lot of money as it will not be a primary gun, just kind of a , hey this would make a good stand if I had a shotgun. Have taken a few with shotgun and #4 buck out to 50 shooting off the front sight but was thinking of going BBB for the close cover like 35 yards and to get through the brush

What I’m thinking is a XLR 100 or 250 mounted on the extended mag tube and either a cheap lazor or cheap red dot sight? Not sure which one to go with or which one will be easiest for a nubee to use if I take a friend? Will be scanning with thermal then shooting with the gun & light

Any ideas or setup others have and have tried

I don't like the extended Mag Tube. Gun gets too heavy with that many shells. I use a Red Dot Scope. Works great. I use #4 Buck all the time, even for close in shots.

Check out wicked lights. They come in kit with both shotgun and rifle setups. You will find a pretty good deal at allpredatorcalls.com on them.

Use a headlamp for scanning and a XLR250 mounted on your shotgun barrel.
P1240071.jpg

For my shotgun set up I have two of the xlr100s. I have one mounted on my hat from Boondock Outdoors. I use that one for scanning. I then have the other 100 mounted on my shotgun. After I connect with eyes with scanning, i hit the light on the gun an bang. Cant beat the set up. Look up my buddy Boondock Outdoors on here or go to his webpage http://www.boondock-outdoors.com/. He'll hook ya up with everything ya need an is great with all his customers.

I have considered putting my DBAL I2 on a shotgun and use with my PVS on a helmet. I just don't want to carry a rifle and a shotgun to the stand. might be good to just take the shotgun and my partner with a rifle in the right stand.

Not saying it is perfect, but at 25 yards and under, if you have a light with a tight enough beam, anything illuminated by the beam is going to get hit with pellets.

Personally I use a M30 crimson light and it has a very intense center of the beam and at those close ranges, I think using the beam as your sight is adequate.

Back