IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7692.jpg

tikka varmint
Copyofcarnimorepainttikkavarmint.jpg

Copyofcarnimorepainttikka.jpg

cz 527
Copyofcarnimorepaintcz223.jpg

there are more...I just like sharing.

Just regular old Krylon Fusion flat camoflauge is what I prefer. You can find it at Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, just about anywhere.

Ben

I posted this in a different thread but it looks like this one has more traffic. This is all Rustoleum. Base coated in dark earth and then sponged the second color. I'm going to add to it tonight to reduce contrast between colors:

4539.jpg

Well, I finally got sick of my BLACKHAWK Axiom stock being black. I had to make it match the rest of the rifle. here are some pics.

IMG_20120307_105244.jpg

IMG_20120307_123024.jpg

IMG_20120307_165006.jpg

IMG_20120307_180141.jpg

Most paints will scratch to a degree...If you put a couple of coats of clear Matte over the final color scheme, it will retard the potential quite a bit...Most of the adhesion factor will depend on preparation at the start as far as peeling...

I use a "self etching primer" on mine, after a really thorough cleaning with a degreaser...

Anyone used duracoat much? Im curious how hard it is to apply and how durable it is?

Both of my other planned projects fell through the floor. Im still wanting some kind of a project for this coming year so I think Im going to go get myself another 10/22 or a little bolt action .22 and do a custom paint job.

Not sure if I want to go with the sponge an krylon, or make an attempt at using some duracoat with one of their little stencil kits. The duracoat would be a lot more expensive but would look pretty sweet. I dont want to spend the extra money on duracoat if its not going to be any more durable.

Does it really matter. I would like to see some well designed field tests done to indicate whether or not a camo rifle makes a significant difference. It would also be good to see a field test results on the effectiveness of covering your rifle with a gillie rag vs plain vs camo. I have an inlaid pecan stock with contrasting i8nlays of mesquite and manzanita edged in silver and large turquoise stone accents. I use a homemade gillie stocking/rag of fleece netting and burlap strings with old Christmas garlands woven in. It hides the blingy pimped out rifle well enough for me hide it well. Then I take it to bars after I pull off the rag and pick up tasteless women.

Has anyone found a way to paint the overmolding on a Hogue fore-end (that actually works)? I'm too cheap to swap it out for one without the rubber, plus it's kinda nice in the cold. But black just don't work in the snow!

Back