Rem. 597 17HMR customer service

1 Shot

I sent my Remington 597 .17 HMR to a Remington service center in August to be rebarreled to 22 mag. I did this so I could safely shoot it. I tought selling it back to them for a two hundred dollar coupon towards a Remington firearm was a little cheap on their part. Yesterday I called the service center in Minnesota to see if they had it and when I may get it back. They informed me that they had pallets full of 597's in their back room. This is because Remington isn't sending them any 597 .22 mag barrels. I then called Remington and got the run around about how they were overwhelmed by the number sent in for rebarrel. Maybe if they would have stepped up to the plate and payed closer to the value of the rifle more of them would have been removed from service. This is terrible customer service.

Me too! At one time I had seven 700 Remingtons. Now I have one. Henry has some of the best customer service. I bought a 22 lever action two months ago that had been taken apart for a couple of years. It was missing three screws, an extracter and the firing pin. I called them to order the parts and they sent all of them to me free. Plus she sent me a free Henry cap with my choice of two colors.

Reminds me of RCBS.

Took me almost a year to actually get through to any one on their phone line to have anything done to mine. Had my gun back within 6 weeks though. I ended up calling corporate and complaining about the situation but they didn't understand what the issues were... so guess that's the problem.

Back