..:::Yote Gun:::..

Haven't been hunting long but here's how it is currently.

Depends where I am. If it's thick woods, I grab my condor airgun. It's good out to 50-60 yards on a bad day. 80 fpe with a solid pellet that just destroys skull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I'm in a field, looking for long range shooting. I grab my 300 remington ultra magnum topped with a nice 6-24x50 scope. 180g bullet at 3330 fps. That's about 4433fpe. That will drop just about anything in most of the world. It's my go to gun no matter what I'm after. Kicks like a mule, but once you get past that, it's a great gun. I can shoot 1 moa with it, so it's a good gun. Overpowered for a coyote, yep, but it gets the job done.

Ammo prices suck though. 60-70 bucks for 20 shells. Ouch.

They don't kick that bad we got one and I was afraid of it! But I shot a couple of rounds and I didnt think it kicked worse than a 30-06!

No worse than a 30-06? You need to check your 30-06 for steroids then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you still have some of the same stuff you shot, go look at it. Remington makes these rifle shells like the 12ga shotgun shells are made. You have 3 power levels. 1-3, 1 being lowest. Level one is like a 30-06, 2 is like a 300 winchester, and 3 is the actual 300 rum. So, what you were shooting may not have been any more powerful than a 30-06. But I know from shooting my grandads 30-06, and my 300 rum, they don't even compare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Here's remington's article about it.

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/centerfire/power_level.asp

The level 1 stuff is also cheaper. $30 a box vs $60-70 for the level 3.

Day use for coyotes- 22-250 (working on getting a .204 or 22 Hornet)

Night gun for both fox and coyotes- Benelli Super Black Eagle with Dead Coyote loads from Hevi Shot.

Its shootin a 215 grain bullet with 84 grains of powder. But it also has one of those fancy recoil pads on it though!

84 grains is slightly low, a lot of them are loaded with 90-100. But, those recoil pads are amazing. I have one as well and it definately cuts down on it a good bit. I stuck the stock one on there, just to see how it worked, and I thought I had broken my shoulder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I haven't used it since.

Back