Need an all around .243 bullet

I switched to the 87gr berger this year in my 243AI, Ive had great results on both deer and dogs. Dont give up on the bergers

Originally Posted By: Mxracer532I dont know why ur having issues with poor killing performance from the VLD's. Thats what I switched too after shooting 95gn Nosler BT's with not so great killing performance on deer. (mule deer) My nephew has shot 2 muley bucks with the VLD's and both my sisters as well. First deer was my nephew who shot his first buck at 376 yards and it hunched up and walked to 404yards where he hit him again and dropped him like a sack of chit. My sister this year shot another muley at 303 yards and it took 3-4 steps and dropped.

like wise... the vld is a mule deer killing machine...

ive used nosler AB with the same results

Shot a 300 lb boar with 85 gr hpbt. Loaded a little hot with 4350. Bullet went thru side grisle plate and virtualy tore up internal organs, when cleaned,inside opposite hide was a lot of copper flakes, no exit. Most accurate bullet for my M77 hvy barrel.

Originally Posted By: WareagleI load 87gr Vmax for predators and 80/85 ttsx/tsx for deer and hogs. Virtually same poi on both.

That sounds like a good combo.

Back