Recommend a Leupold Range Finder for me

d2admin

Administrator
Appreciate your input and suggestions. Will be used for deer, predators, groundhogs, etc.

Is there such a thing as a range finder that works off the glow of a predators eyes at night?

Thanks,

Mike

I have one thats a few years old. The rxII I believe is the model. It works ok and optics are only ok. A buddy of mine just bought the new rx1000 TBR. It is so much better. I played with it for a day and the optics are clear and bright, reliably got readings on deer, bushes and trees out to 850 or so. Also like the variety of reticles and red display. Really a nice unit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 17Fireball

Is there such a thing as a range finder that works off the glow of a predators eyes at night?

Thanks,

Mike

I've never had the time to screw with a range finder at night. Between the call, the light and everything else there just isn't the time. They are constantly moving so it would be tough to get a good reading anyways.

You know Nikon makes a real good range finder for the money, reviews have always been good on them. I have an older 1200 model and it's been a great little unit.

I owned the RX600 and it was a good range finder, but the only fault I had to it was in low light conditions such as early morning, you couldn't see the numbers inside it. I would have to range something, and then point the range finder up to the sky to see the distance. Other than that, it was a good one until I laid it on top of my vehicle one day and drove off. Never did see it again.

Also there is Nikon, which are much easier to read in low light conditions. I'd say either one will provide what you need along with Bushnell. As for the lower priced ones like Simmons and Wildgame Innovations, I know guys on the 3D Archery Range who use them and they eat batteries like you never seen. But that information is what I've been told. Don't have any first hand experience with them.

I have the RX-1000TBR. I love it!!!! The numbers are illuminated red so it's really easy to see them. I used to have a Nikon 440 that was a nice lil rangefinder but I wanted the TBR or ARC so I sold the lil Nikon and went shoppin for a new Nikon. I love Nikon optics but I was very disappointed in their new rangefinders. The numbers were really hard to see. I looked at several other brands too. The Leupold was by far my favorite.

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachLeica

+1 the 1600 i have is hard to beat, even w/all the new RF's in deer camp this year.....pricey but worth it....

Back