The changing face of Predator Masters.

Where I live I have not met one other person that is into predator hunting, so for me this site is where I am able to "interact" with people who have the same passion as I do. LOVE IT guys!!

We would like Predator Masters to become the Ducks Unlimited of predator calling.

The basic plan is as follows:

1. Develop message board using professionals that have the very best in communications skills and expertise.

2. Develop standard Rules of Conduct. (see Rules of the Game -thread)

3. Develop moderators to become active in managing their forums. The Administrator and the moderators would become the “operational managing team”.

4. Develop and approve a logo.

5. Develop a Board of Directors.

6. Develop and approve bylaws and a mission statement.

7. Develop membership levels to the point to attract predator calling related businesses, incorporate banner

8. Develop advertising funds to generate operational funds. Operational funds will first be used to over operational cost such as server fees and web site optimization Excess funds from advertising can be used to create Predator Masters collateral to generate additional operational funds. (See Advertising for PM - thread)

9. Surplus funds will be used to purchase Predator Masters hats, decals, stickers, etc., to be sold to members to increase operational funds. These funds will be used to support activities such as the regional scheduled hunts, seminars, public education programs etc.

10. An Annual Predator Masters Hunt/BBQ is vital to bring the membership together and Predator Masters must continue them throughout the future.

11. Develop a system where State Predator Master organizations are formed, who in turn will implement programs where they can . State, and local, Predator Masters clubs can further promote the sport of predator calling and support their local activities.

Ducks Unlimited: Our Mission
Ducks Unlimited conserves, restores, and manages wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.

Anyone besides me see any differences?

Last edited:
Of course there's differences.

Nobody could ever create a "Coyote Reserve". That would be insane.

But, the way Will put it was a comparison to the organization, not what they do in mission statements.

Will Craig wanted to be the founder of the world's largest predator hunting organization.....Which he is.
thumbup1.gif

i think oiler has a great idea about the state forums.the predators in virginia,mostly coyotes have really grown in the past 10 years due to the human population and lack of hunters.people want to hunt them here but don't have the resorces do get started.so if there is anyhting i can do to head up the virginia one just let me know.bogger01

Last edited:
i am 60 plus years old and disabled. just joined, been nosing around for awhile. thought i would try predator hunting. have allready gotten alot of good info. thanks for all u do .keep up the good work

would we still HUNT predators?
because DU sure isn't about hunting ducks as far as i can tell...
Pheasants Forever on the other hand i can get behind...

Best site on the web, a place where you can get accurate information and learn much from experienced hunters and callers! Doing an amazing job guys, keep it up!

Having been involved with Predator Masters for the last six years and learning from 'scratch' what hunting the Coyote, and other predators, is involved, I can recognize a huge difference between our intents and other organizations that are wildlife oriented...

In the same vein, we need to officially align ourselves and our efforts with those organizations that are promoting the habitat for Ducks, Quail, Pheasants, etc., since our passions are really complimentary to each other...

A "normal" game species population is dependent on a healthy overall environment; food, shelter, and population control and those are all part of responsible conservation, whether Wetlands, Nature Preserves, or other efforts..

Predator control is equally important, and maybe more so...For if there is an over abundance of predators, the active population in any of the other game species will become diminished to the point of extinction and if the predator population is too scarce (while not likely but certainly possible), then overpopulation of a 'game' species is unhealthy as well...

It's just my personal opinion, but I think that on a state and local level, we should be actively aligning ourselves with some of the other organizations in a cooperative attitude towards promoting stewardship of all species....

Most other game species have limited hunting seasons that are established by individual states, based on active populations and their respective State Conservation offices, these efforts are supplemented by organizations such as Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever...

It seems that many states have a basic open season on common predators, but there are some normal game species regulations that impede on our efforts, as well as a general ignorance on the part of the general public and various landowners, and I think that by working together with some of the other organizations, we may be able to effect some political, and social perception, changes that will open up our overall acceptance within the scheme of predator control...

I know that locally, we have a few seasons where you should not be out in the woods with a rifle, without a Deer Tag in your possession, even though you are not hunting Deer...The same holds true for Turkey season as well, and these seasons are coexistent with prime predator hunting...I think it's unfortunate that there is not some way for one of us to differentiate ourselves, legally, from other types of hunters that would be recognized by conservation officials, other than by the types of calling equipment we happen to use...

I would also think that becoming recognized authorities in Predator Control might be helpful as predators are becoming more common in urban areas and becoming dangerous to the average citizen, most of which are not normal hunters...Usually local Animal Control officers are not trained or equipped to deal with predators that migrate into the urban environment.. With state and local budgets shrinking in the immediate and near future, some locales are going to be even more stressed due to the impingement of predators...

We have a variety of members that have necessary means and experience to track, capture, and eliminate a potential threat to a community, but need the legal and social acceptance for which to be called upon...

Hello to everyone here. I just came on board today,looking forward to good information and help in my predator hunting efforts. I'm retired and plan to spend lots of time coyote hunting to help out the local farmers, they're too busy trying to survive to hunt coyotes. Thanks for having me here, John.

Back