Z max vs. vmax ?

pdhunter

Has one used the z max points ? how do they compare to the vmax ?
Looking to load them in a Rem.700 vssf 1:12 twist - 40 grainers

The jackets are the same , the whole bullet is the same. The only difference is if you shoot a zombie the green bullet will kill him.
lol.gif

Hey huntsman - Do you mean the z max and the v max are both the same bullet ?
I kinda wonder if they are why are the z max 16.00 per 500 cheaper then the vmax-
If they perform like the v max then I'll go with them
Thanks

I like the ZMax for the cost. As stated, they perform just the same. There is word that they use different jackets. But the rep at Hornady told me, nope!

I bought some Z-max after reading another thread here about them. I just loaded some up and haven't had a chance to test them yet.

They have the same sd and bc as the VMAX and really shoot great in most of our 8 twist barrels. Wideners says get them while you can as they(just as bullets) are special run that when they are gone will only be available in loaded zombie rounds.

I compared the .243" 58vmax & 58zmax and using the same loads they shot exactly the same in everything in my 6x45 & .243 guns.
I think there is a past post here someplace & someone sliced them open and you could there is a small difference I recall.

The Z-max's are the best. They are cheaper, they kill the living dead plus they kill everything else very well.
wink.gif

Just the Z in their name lets you know that they are faster too! Add to that the chartreuse tip [same color as zombie blood] and you are style'n
lol.gif

I look at it like insurance...if you happen to shoot a zombie yote with a vmax, even if it was a good hit, he is going to be a runner. If you use the zmax and hit a zombie yote, he is no longer dead/alive or alive/dead or whatever they are, and if you happen to find a coyote that is not a zombie the zmax still puts them down...if you do your part...all day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pdhunterHey huntsman - Do you mean the z max and the v max are both the same bullet ?
I kinda wonder if they are why are the z max 16.00 per 500 cheaper then the vmax-
If they perform like the v max then I'll go with them
Thanks

Where is the best price on them?

Originally Posted By: varmit_masterThe same bullet. Jeff at hornady said made on same line back to back just change tip colors to run them.

This is, what it is. Hornady has not been shy about that.

But the green tip just may be, Magic.

Back