Mike E. Miller knife.........

2muchgun

Well, I'd been wanting a knife with a tapered tang, blue liners, and dark burled wood. As soon as I saw this one, I knew it had found a new home.

Pulled off a couple trades/sales, and bought it off Vinny, whom some of you know, I'm sure.

Make sure you all tell me how cool the orange paracord is.
grin.gif
I keep setting my knives down in the field and almost/temporarily losing them. Lost 2 permanently. So I need to learn to live with the orange, just not sure how much I like it or not. He threw in some black with white specks just in case I couldn't handle the orange.......

4602BBAA-FCA0-4124-97E7-AF62493E3A9F-579-000000C00AD42AB0.jpg

12AE2AB8-5527-4221-B1A8-49870DBF9BC3-579-000000C002BAEE78.jpg

90927296-CF73-41E0-884C-66DEB36D4732-579-000000C182692CC8.jpg

7DBAAC54-9565-4F3B-93D8-170376F429BF-579-000000BFBA3FAF87.jpg

Yeah, he's good to do business with. Price was right too, when you consider that tapered tangs, bolsters, and file work usually add to the cost of a knife. In this case, they didn't......

Those Mike Millers are a bargain through Vinny. The Mike Miller "gents" knife I posted up here a while back is just plain awesome! I have since added a Miller Damascus "gents" knife from Vinny. They are perfect size for around the house, kitchen parer, or if the need rises they could handle bigger work ... like field dressing. Should be great for dressing/cleaning small game like rabbits & squirrels.

That Miller that you picked up, caught my eye when Vinny put it up. The handle looks almost camo. I really liked it the 1st time I saw it! You did good.
thumbup.gif

My bud just came over and dropped off some of the venison backstraps from the deer I gave him. First thing he said when he saw the knife was "Man, that's sweet. But you gotta lose the orange....."
cursing.gif

alright, i'm not "looking" to pick up another knife right now but if I was.... How would one go about getting ahold of said Vinny person or find out more about Mike Miller knives?

Vince is a good dude and I looked hard at that knife when it came up. I nearly bought a damascus hunter with fancy ironwood handle made by Miller earlier in the year from Vince. Menefee and Miller are on my short list. The wife bought me an Ingram a month ago and I immediately began giving Christmas hints about another Ingram that I found at the same dealers and it was taken off the website shortly afterward. I have fingers crossed that is coming to Missouri for Christmas! That is what kept me from contacting Vince about that Miller knife. She's a good looker and anyone would be proud to own her and give her some honest workouts.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunWill I ever see it again, Jeff??
lol.gif

You can trust me to see it again, if you can trust the US Mail!!
thumbup.gif

Good looking knife Ken. The tapered tang is a nice feature and it looks like the handle is contoured with a swell. Overall a nice package and those stainless bolsters sure class it up.

Jeff---I sure do appreciate your offer.

I'm gonna have to think about this one. Simply because I have another custom on the way and I have thought about actually having it made with orange liners so the orange lanyard won't look out of place. Maybe with some wood that matches better also. Chances are, I will use it more than the Miller, as I may like the pattern better(not sure yet). I thought of going with blue lanyard on the Miller. Hard to tell in pics, but the wood has blue dye in it.

Maybe after Christmas when the other knife arrives, I will send it to you. I'm thinking that may be the better way to go.

First, I need to come up with the right wood, liner combo.
What wood (or horn?) would look good with orange liners/lanyard?

I'm just not so sure how much I like the orange on the Miller yet......

Thanks Brian.

Yeah, it has a swell to it, and feels pretty good in hand. I have another on the way next month or so that I think I will really like. Not sure which of them to go orange on......

Miller's knives are a real bargain, methinks. A lot of guys charge much more for the same type of knife or even less quality knives. Mike makes a very nice sheath too. Some overlook that sometimes. All hand tooled. I like Ingrams and Winstons a lot, but the sheaths are definitely nothing to write home about.

A80847D1-4AA7-4AA8-BD52-E61389EDEAC1-579-000000C4A155C6C5.jpg

I have a Menefee on the way as well.

Hope you get that Ingram.........

Here is the other Mike Miller I recently picked up. Its a Damascus Gents knife.

Specs:
1/8" Damascus is of 52100, 5160, 15N20, & 1018
6.25" OAL, 3" bld, 2 3/4" cutting edge
Stabilized redwood, white liners, ss bolts
Sheath is faux ostrich over pigskin

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

It is a joy to look at!
grin.gif

Back